Tuestay, 3 November 2020 - When try your best but you don't succeed

Morning :)

Ready to rock ' n roll. First lot of pills down. Now waiting for my accompanied walk to the operating theatre.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Hope to hear that all has gone to plan, Chick.

What: another short and easy run

Why: still being careful

Supposed to be wet again but then a few dry and cold days.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Look Back by Chris De Burgh.

The next step to being back out running chicksta - hope the op goes well and recovery is swift.

How is your hip feeling now Alehouse?

Heavy rain here first thing but it seems to have gone through. Forecast to be a lot colder here. I'm intending to go for a run. Hoping the knee isn't too painful and settles down quickly. Four weeks since the steroid injection, not sure what to do next, should probably contact the GP and discuss referrals for an x-ray/scan/consultant. Was really hoping it wouldn't be necessary.

What:           hopefully a few miles
    Why:            I keep trying
    Last hard:    keeping trying
    Last rest:     2/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

All the best for your op today Chicksta. 

Good October mileage indeed Dustin considering the quarantine. 

Nice happy pic yesterday OH thanks.

Good biking RFJ.

Belated happy birthday emzap?  Hopefully a better night's sleep.

Further examinations sound like a good idea LMH. Good luck today.  Forgot to answer a question a couple of days ago I get the keys to the new flat on 25.11 and am moving on 08.12.  Want to get it over and done with.

Dry and cold sounds better than wet Ale.

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: losing everyday life mojo again
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Thanks hazel! Just realised I've gone up an age class and think I could now run in my local vets league...how did that happen!!!

Chick hope all goes well today.

Fingers crossed for your run lmh.

Last week in current job so will do all drop offs and collection from nursery probably, 2km each way.  No run today as have errands to do at lunch.

Pouring here!

Have a lovely day all
  • Sorry chick, meant to wish you well but a bit late, hope you're soon recovering!
    Happy Birthday Emz, hope you get a cake!
    Hazel, good news you have a new flat lined up, bad that you have a bit of a wait to move.
    LMH- hope run goes well. v much doubt will be able to see any of my family in the next few months. Bit sad about it but guess the same for many of us.
    About to go out for mine after a bit of dithering! v short run yesterday, will have to try harder today!
    Ale, feeling more comfortable now?
  • No op today... couldn't have made this up: Doc is stuck on a closed motorway. They had to cancel all patients.

Luckily I wasn't sedated yet.

Thing is, no-one knows when the next slot may be as the diary is choccer. I guess I will find out more when he calls me.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh chick, how frustrating!  Hope he gets in touch soon.  
  • That must be so frustrating chicksta. I hope he can reschedule soon.

Sorry emzap - forgot to wish you a happy belated birthday. Are you having to do all the nursery drop offs and pick ups because you won't be able to do them when you start the new job?

I'm with you on the lack of motivation for life Hazel. I hope that the move doesn't cause too much more stress.

OH - if it's not the stone do they have any idea what is causing your pain or what to do about it?

Hope you enjoyed a longer run Els.

My knee is taking longer to settle on runs and is painful on the walk home which it wasn't before this week. Things seem to be going the wrong way :-(
  • Chick - oh dear - that is very frustrating after getting geared up for it. Not something he could have predicted though!
    LMH - in normal times guess you should get GP to see you but I have had a very curt letter from GP practise saying that they don't want any non urgent (telephone) consultations!
    Just back from 12 miles, if I'd been 2 minutes faster would have avoided getting wet but hey ho, some nice rainbows!
  • Oops that was Els, used wrong account in error, I will be in doghouse!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    My October miles were about 135 I think, smashed highest previous
    Oh chicksta I didn't want to read that!!! So sorry for you,  how frustrating
    Lyrics yes
    Emzap happy belated birthday
    Lmh sorry to read about your knee too, that's not good
    Els enjoy the longer run
    Hazel enjoy the group run
    Alehouse hope your hip is ok

What track tonight last for a while
    Why today is track day
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh just coz I can this week and not sure of coming weeks. In theory I can do drop offs but will have to see how it goes.
  • Oh no.  Very frustrating chicksta, hope you get an alternative fast.

Didn't realize you are switching jobs emzap.

Get sweeping out that kennel Els.. :)

Have a good track session Wabo. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Happy birthday Emz - nothing wrong with a bit of vets league....How's your pole vaulting?
    OH - great run today! :wink:
    Chick - that is VERY annoying, hope the wait isnt to long
    Wabo - have fun tonight. Still awaiting guidance from EA so not sure if the track will close (we've cancelled training from Thursday)
    LMH - sorry to hear about the continued niggles please try to stay positive.

What - not sure. No club night, but the fields look inviting for some hills perhaps
    Why - head needs it
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - Saturday

• Enjoy Wabo.

I thought OH had done well to increase the mileage! My GP told me to get back to him after 4-6 weeks if the steroid hadn't sorted it Els so i don't think booking a telephone consult will be an issue - no change in service has been announced by the practise. Seems a bit of a strange attitude from yours when the message generally has very much been that the NHS is and will remain open for normal business. Possibly different in Scotland though?

Cheers Dustin. I am trying. Work is increasingly emotionally draining which isn't helping. Hope your run helps your head.

emzap - I guess the new job isn't as flexible then? A shame if so, no reason for most roles not to allow flexibility in the working hours especially when wfh.
  • Such bizarre times ... Hard to know what's right and what's wrong.

I'm just mighty glad that we weren't involved in that horror crash today. We drove by the accident spot about 20 mins earlier. Narrow escape...

Didn't know you had a new job, em.

Hope you find some life mojo, Hazel.

I hope they can provide some answers soon, OH. It's been going on for quite some time.

My knee is taking longer to settle on runs and is painful on the walk home which it wasn't before this week. Things seem to be going the wrong way :-(
    Positive thoughts coming your way 🙏

• My run was a humbled 6.2 miles but up the hill.
    Another 550m added for Polar Bear Challenge.
    Last hard: going nowhere with chronic pain. Next step is physio to rule out musculoskeletal cause which Urologist considers it to be.
    Lyrics no

GP letter mentioned by Elspeth is not one of my old practice's high points (IMHO) and was addressed to Dear Patient of S******** Practice - tempting to reply "Dear doctor/nurse/employee of said practice ....
  • Evening!

Really sorry to hear that, Chick. Hope you can get fixed soon. It actually happened to me last week; my biopsy should have been Monday, had got myself ready to go and I was phoned half an hour before I was due to depart. Fortunately they phoned later to say that they could squeeze me in on the Tuesday. Hope you can get something similar. 

And talking of biopsy, hip isn't yet quite right I suspect, so all running is very easy. Longest run today since the procedure: just 25 minutes or so, but that was enough due to the weather. Wet! Frost due tonight and snow on the hills!

Hope the new job is to your liking, Emz...and Lucas's!

Decent running in the Els/OH household! But not the advice from the surgery that I would have expected! And I would reply, OH!

And I think you should phone for an appointment, LMH!

Hope the track goes/went well Wabo. Decent results for both our teams! Will always take 4-1 away from home!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh they are quite flexible but I need to work the core hours until I find the lay of the land.  My current one I worked core hours for the first few months, then realised no one else did so stopped!!

Chick was it A7? I hate that road, especially after my bad accident on it...