Wednesday 4th November 2020 - I walked to the window turned out the light

Morning.

Lyrics  - I walked to the window turned out the light

Not bad mileage yourself OH. You don't sound convinced by the urologists suggestion. That does sound particularly poor of your old practice.

Sorry to hear that your hip is still sore Alehouse. Maybe doing a little less for a few days will help? I was all full of bluster yesterday, going to run again this morning as my knee hurts regardless, beat it into submission etc but walking down the stairs this morning has convinced me that this probably isn't a good idea <<sigh>>

I hope that you enjoy the new job and can make it fit emzap.

I'm glad you weren't in the accident too chicksta! At least you're still here to be disappointed by not having your op.

So. No running after all today. I think I may bake some Parkin. A little late for 5th November but a nice wintry bake for this cold weather.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh blooming knee. Especially as you were thinking s*d it I'll run! Parkin yum yum 
    Alehouse sorry your hip isn't good
    Oh that's just shocking about your doc, hope you get some answers
    Chicksta glad you were not near a bad accident too! 
    I drove to work and was so close to one myself! On the A12 and a woman drive into my lane and so close to hitting me!!! I had to serve into the slip lane!! She didn't even know I was there, pretty scary and it's not the first time that's happened on this stretch of the road. 

Track was great last night, 3 x 400, 3 x 800 and 3 x 400 again. Best 400 was last one in 1.50, best 800 was middle in 4.02👍🏼👍🏼
    What 4 miles easy this morning
    Why that's enough I think
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all, meant to be a dry one
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Very cold here too, LMH. And blustery as well. Baking sounds good.

It was the A1, em, close to Ahrensburg. A lorry carrying logs jack-knifed in the construction zone and buried some cars underneath.
  • Forgot to say: Yesterday's lyrics were Fix You, Coldplay. That was when I still thought that I'd be fixed.

A walk for me today with a couple of bouncy 20m jogs thrown in.
  • And I x-posted with wabo earlier. Glad you managed to avoid a collision. Oh yes, the A12 is a bit of road to hell too! I find that less people are using their mirrors. They just change lanes willy nilly. Super dangerous 🤪
  • I'm glad you enjoyed track - and stayed safe Wabo.

How are you doing chicksta? Heard anything from the surgeon yet?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick that crash sounds awful.  Enjoy the walk and jogs
    Working hard and listening to amazing news today!! Or should I say bonkers crazy...

Did 3.5 miles easy this morning. Off to a firework display later, brought forward from Sunday, we will stay in cars or stand to the side of the car to watch.  With the granddaughters + mum and dad.  Should be fun and then that's that for a month!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

No time to post this morning!

Lyrics: no

Track session sounds decent, Wabo!

Hope you hear soon, Chick!

Hip is not too bad, just being careful. The insertion where the needles and drills went in is slightly sore still, which is to be expected!

What: short run d&d

Why: see above!

Car was frozen over this morning but it has been much more cloudy than forecast. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hello all
    Wabo - that sounds one tough track session! Well done
    LMH - Ah well if the knees don't play ball, baking is a worthy substitute! Watched the Bake Off last night. Give it a few years and I may dust my pinny off and give it another go....
    Emz- good luck with the new job.
    Ale - I'm sure you are, but keep it easy for a little while longer
    Chick - hope you get some news sooner rather than later

What - Having been caught up at work yesterday and not getting out until after dark, I made a point of a lunchtime run today. 7.5 miles over the fields and woods. Stunning sunshine and the trails moistening up nicely. Loved it.
    Why - recovery miles
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - yesterday. Out after dark, 3x2km tempo. Hanging by #3. Pace not brilliant (7:20s) but happy enough after a sh*t day.
    lyric - think so
  • A run always seems to make a day better Dustin. Glad you made the time to get out at lunch today.

Lovely day here Alehouse, bright, dry and still - would have been nice for a run.

Parkin baked, now to try not to eat it for at least three days!
  • LMH does the parkin need to mature before eating?
    Finished my month of daily running - I know a lot of you do this full time - but a first for me, with a wideford hill run - just for a change.  Really should be brave and run further afield on my own but was due to run with friend who cancelled after a bad night at work. No photos, phone camera kaput!
    We would all watch you on Bake Off Dustin. (Well maybe Peter wouldn't as he isn't a fan!)
  • It doesn't have to Els but it's much better if you can leave it at least three days. Keeps and gets better for about three weeks. Well done on a month of daily running and try not to worry, your confidence will come back. After I was hit by a car whilst out running I couldn't bring myself to do the route for quite a while. 
  • Evening

Great track session Wabo well done.  Enjoy the fireworks.

The accident on the motorway made the paper here chicksta. Fingers crossed for a new appointment and I like the sound of bouncy jogging.

Just looked up parkin LMH - looks nice.  Hard to have to wait to eat it - reminds me I need to douse my cake in brandy again.  

Tempo in the dark sounds tough Dustin - do you have a well lit stretch for that?  Nice lunchtime running too.  Get that pinny on - I think everyone on here likes cake.

Car scraping season has started then Ale. 

Well done on finishing your month of running Els.   

What: bit over 10 miles including 2 x 4 x long strides (around 150m + 250m jog).
    Why: miles + short and sharp
    Last hard: last couple of days
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: vaguely familiar.
  • Never been hit by a car while running, touchwood, but more than one incident cycling.
    Scary roads south ...

Another 500m swim for PBC.
    Went out for 3 miles this afternoon and ended up running 5.85 albeit slowly.

Lyrics no

Used to make Parkin but Els prefers my (AKA MB) gingerbread.

30 Tesco Stocktakers turned around on ferry today having come from a Tier 3 zone.