Thursday 5th November 2020 - I was five and he was six

Morning.

Lyrics - I was five and he was six

We rode on horses made of sticks

Recipe please OH!

We had a thick frost yesterday Hazel.

Wondering how bad the fireworks will be tonight, they've been going on for over a week already. Fortunately Lola seems to be very laid back about the them.

What:           a short run
Why:            I need to
Last hard:    getting out knowing it's going to hurt and not knowing if it's going to settle
Last rest:     4/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Hurt by Tom Petter And The Heartbreakers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Sorry been missing I fell twisted ankle and could not run as knee and ankles very painful But I have been running since Sunday just small distances but my confidence is growing.I had rest day yesterday.

What: Short run
    Why: Because I can
    Last Hard : the fall
    Lyrics: Yes which is unusual for LMH lyrics;-)

I am waiting for it to get light so I can be back as Alun's Birthday and trying to make it special in lockdown.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Happy Birthday Alun. I'm sure you'll make it special for him Poppy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Happy birthday to Mr poppy! Sorry to hear about your fall poppy but glad you're on the move again
    Lmh have a nice run
    We went to a display last night in a massive farmers field. The girls loved it, although littlest had to watch in the car as she can't stand loud noises. But it felt nice to do something normal, every car had it's own space for people to stand or sit. It was  really well organised
    What 4-5 off today with one mate, show her a new route
    Why lockdown
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse good luck to our teams tonight
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yes, two wins tonight please, Wabo! And enjoy your run in company.

What: another short and easy run

Why: taking it nice and gentle at present

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning again!

What: just over 30 minutes on the trails

Why: longest run for a week! Felt fine, could have done more but erring on the side of caution
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sensible Alehouse - bet you do know the lyrics.
  • WP - ouch, glad it's getting better again!
    LMH - how was your run?
    Ale - also glad you are more comfortable.
    No fireworks display here this year.
    Lousy weather, very windy and a bit wet. A morning for making soup and cinnamon buns, knitting, reading and a very slow 5k in the wind. Getting lazy.
  • That doesn't sound lazy to me Els. My run was the usual painful affair to begin with I'm afraid but once that settled it was nice to be out. It's turned into a bit of a wearing work day (the effect of the new lockdown I think) so I'm pleased I had that time out before I started.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Agree with LMH Els, that's not lazy
    Wabo - glad the fireworks were fun, mate of mine at work went to a drive thru show last night. Pretty good by all accounts.
    Hazel - the main roads in the village are lit, so there is a decent enough 2mile loop. You can make it 3 using some of the housing roads, but tbh you can do a lot of sessions on the loop, especially when you know where the 400 "splits" are....
    WP - sorry to hear about the ankle, but hopefully on the mend now. Alun can have my slice of cake too, I know you were saving me a piece, but with this lockdown and all that...

What - 5 minutes /5 x1 minute / 5 minutes /5x1 minute / 5 minutes
    Why - Lose a grip on reality for an hour
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - that was. 
    Usual favourite group session but was on the card for this week.
    Hit the local trails, one longer loop for the 5min (~1200s)
    Used a shallow hill for the minute reps, 3 up, 2 down 45s recovery between each
    Tough going on your own, but pleased to come out of that unscathed!

Lyric - yes, I think I do 

• Ouch poppy and happy birthday, Alun

Els: that's busy, not lazy ;)

Nice to forget reality for a while, Dustin

Good that Lola isn't scared, LMH. Some animals suffer terribly. Glad you could run a bit.

When will you get those biopsy results, ale?

Crazy stuff going on in the US. Still not convinced the good ones will win... the last election went terribly wrong too...

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: walking for nursery pick up/drop off
    Why: rest day
    Last hard: hearing news that a friend has terminal cancer.  We were expecting it, but still not nice to have confirmed.
    Lyrics: nope

Went to club last night, did 8.8 km in total, catherine wheels and rockets.  Catherine wheels were hill reps on a circular route, rockets were 10sec sprint bursts.  Good to know I can still sprint, was the fastest there!!!  Surprised I had that in me after the hills as I was near the back on those!

WP sorry to hear about your ankle
    Glad Lola's laid back about the bangs.  I feel sorry for the dogs round here.

Last day today, felt a bit odd not going into the office to say goodbye to everyone.  IT equipment is gone.  Need to set up new stuff over the weekend for new job.

Have a lovely evening all.  Let's hope I get to sleep in my bed all night tonight as my back is hurting from the floor!
  • 3.2 miles then a sunset splash in the waves.
    Gales this morning but settled by 4pm.
    Lyrics no