Tuesday 10th November 2020 - Every day she takes a morning bath she wets her hair

Morning.

Lyrics - Every day she takes a morning bath she wets her hair

Glad your first day went ok RFJ. I assume you're working from home?

Pitch black here still but the Met says it's going to be another grey day - a bit of sunshine would go a long way to helping to lift the mood I think but not much I can do about that. GP has apparently referred me for an x-ray but as all I got was a text message with no details I'm going to have to spend some time working out how to arrange that later today - and decide whether I think it's worth the risk at the moment of course. 

What:          hopefully some easy miles
Why:           I persist in trying to run
Last hard:   getting through the pain of the first half mile or so
Last rest:    9/11

Yesterday's lyrics - New Beginning by Tracy Chapman.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    No way! Lmh I swear I was going to post the same song 😂😂😂

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    The run last night was good, in the rain! I did 5.65 miles
    What 10k today, possible session in the middle
    Why it's track day but I can't go there
    Last hard last night, I forgot how I don't like not seeing pavements properly! 
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Lmh we must be feeling the same

Hope you get some sun and easy miles

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes. I think I may have used these many moons ago...and if I didn't I should have!

One word, Wabo: cake!

LMH: having been into hospitals a few times recently I feel safer there than in the supermarket. And talking of which I have been struggling to buy butter, but yesterday evening did manage to get some plant based Stork butter, both salted and unsalted. Not tried yet. Have you?

What: half an hour or so this pm

Why: hoping for a better run than yesterday's

Work beckons. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Morning all
    What - in the absence of club night, I may well do something at lunchtime
    Why - break the day up
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Sunday
    Problem with commuting is that I'm tired before I even start. To think I used to do this 5 days a week, every week!
    In glummer news, county XC league now cancelled for the winter: the January & February courses refused council permission, so that just leaves March which they rightly agreed was probably not worth it.
    In brighter news, the Summer National League have announce dates for the 2021 season...

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Spooky Wabo. Soak your fruit! Edit - just seen your thread - not the same song but I know and like your lyrics.

Alehouse - no, I don't need to bake dairy free it just happens that sometimes my recipes are.

A lunchtime run sounds like a good idea Dustin.
  • Morning

Sending some sun to the UK... Don't have any at the moment though - thick fog again but it tends to clear by around midday.

I would take the appointment LMH. 

Tread carefully Wabo.  Good mileage.

Have a decent day at work Ale.  And a better run indeed.

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday and won't have time before then anyway
    Next hard: tough couple of weeks at work coming up - mostly due to having to rely on others doing their jobs properly and within a time period that I can do mine as well
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks for the well wishes. First day was fine. Obviously IT problems which are still ongoing but I expected that!

Last night went to "club" ie. 2 of us from club met at the normal place and went for 5.6 km. Slow as she's a slower runner than me, but nice to get out and about.

Been doing yoga on the days I'm not running and I think it's starting to help my back, flexibility and I can feel it's been working my core!

What: today just walking to nursery once
    Why: rest day and he finishes too early for me to pick him up in my first week!
    Last hard: I'm enjoying things at the moment
    Lyrics: don't think so

Lucas slept through last night!!!!

Wabo sorry you're still struggling with your theft. When my mum's engagement ring got stolen it took me a while to come to terms with it, hard to accept they're "only" things. Sending hugs

Well done rfj for motm and I loved that report. Made me want to do another marathon.

Chick any news on the op?

Ale any news on the hip?

Hazel maybe we need to do a joint virtual time trial, though that would still be tough! Need to do Speedwork on my own this week...

Have a lovely day all

Have a lovely day all.

• I hate needing to rely on others like that Hazel. Hope they come through. Good that you are still able to run as a group - I know you were worried that was going to be stopped. No actual appointment yet - just a text saying that GP has sent a request to the hospital and I should call them - I have to guess which hospital, which number etc...........

Glad you got some sleep and your first day went well emzap. Hope both continue.
  • RFJ. ..well done on award and lovely race report. The difference between serious runners and myself...I usually just go with how it feels on the day!
    Wabo   feel for you but at least the claim is done now.
    Emz and RFJ hope new jobs going well. Good news on sleeping baby too!
    Lmh..as Alet says procedures in X ray v safe..Lots of cleaning and no hanging around in waiting areas.much safer than Tesco s! 
    8 m on west coast roads with 2 running friends yesterday.  Tough pace for me...unfortunately they continue to resist the lure of the trails. Fog never lifted all day and it's now well dark by 4 here.
    Still got no idea how travel and accommodation logistics will go for my procedure at end of month. 
    Probably some soup making and then a solo run.
  • I've been click and collecting my shopping since the pandemic began Els!  Procedure at the end of the month?
  • Not been an option here and it's OK if you go when it's quiet! Date for 29th but could all change, I hear just now that Fife, where it had been an option to stay night before and after is likely to move into tier 3 ie can't stay there! It's the night before and after that are proving tricky as they don't really want you to travel back to Orkney on day of discharge and can't get down for 2pm admission without an overnight somewhere. Borders are still Tier 2 but can no longer stay with daughter there - or see her which is sad.
    V foggy last 2  days, just been for a quiet 8.4m solo. And made some pumpkin and lentil soup and scones. Might be a knitting afternoon!
  • I didn't realise you had to have another procedure so soon Els. Can the hospital not arrange something for you to enable it to go ahead? I'm guessing it's quite important that you have it done! Cauliflower cheese soup here - no scones though.
  • Yes, was felt my original aneurysm which bled had developed another worrying feature and needs stenting, but he didn't want to do it until the last procedure had had time to settle. So lucky to get an end Nov date but the logistics increasingly look tricky...Fife now in level 3 although Edinburgh itself may move out of 3 soon given current trends, or it may not. Just been listening to FM statement, sounds as though plans will have to be made later rather than sooner, an odd concept!
    Good friend is doing 50k in laps of Wideford to celebrate her 50th at the weekend, socially distanced fellow runners welcome. Not sure how many laps I am capable of currently but would like to take part. Will also be very soggy underfoot!
  • Afternoon!

Not easy to plan things at present, Els, especially from Orkney! I would have thought the hospital could make suggestions. 

What: just over half an hour largely off road

Why: wanted a better run than yesterday, which I got...just. Something not quite right and legs really not keen on playing. Two weeks today since my procedure and only had one, or perhaps two, reasonable runs in that time. Perhaps it took more out of me than I thought. And another two weeks to wait for results. 

Glad your new jobs started well, Emz and RFJ.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I hope that you can find a way to make it happen Els - all being well will that be the final procedure? That sounds a nice way to spend the weekend. I expect there will be cake involved?

Take it easy Alehouse - it will come back.
  • Oh wow, Els. That's a bit disconcerting. I hope they can find you a hospital bed for the op and the required stay. I'd say that yours is definitely essential.

Wabo: no wonder you were crying. I would too. Being burgled, losing things you're emotionally attached to and then having an administrative ordeal is just too unfair.

That's a lot of guesswork, LMH.

Dustin: speechless about that circuit class. With you on the commute being such a chore. I used to take a train at 5am too. Shame about xc being cancelled, but probably not surprising.

Em: yay for Lucas sleeping through 👏 no news on the op. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that it'll be the new year and I'm enjoying my little runs every other day.

Hazel: aaargh, know that feeling!

5k for me today in 40 mins 😆. But hey, it's a start :)
  • Chick - enjoy the runs!
    LMH - did you get x Ray arranged.
    I don't think there's any problem with the bed for procedure - unless things get worse but need overnight on way down and day after discharge - it will likely work out but can't really prearrange anything until we know where are allowed to stay. Would all be much easier without covid but hey what wouldn't!
    Ale - Waiting for results is hard!
  • Els - I think you'll be covered by the essential journey clause, even if that means you'll have to use a hotel or B&B. Yes, have booked the x-ray for next Wednesday at the health centre I usually have them at. No need to go to the big hospital but I only know that because I'm a frequent flyer! No one is actually expecting the x-ray to show anything but it will be a step towards a scan.

That is great after such a long lay off chicksta - it won't take you long to build from there.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    phew, I have just posted the last item.  I will ring insurance company tomorrow to make sure all is done. Such a relief 
    Chick nice one with the 5k
    Nice off road again alehouse
    Els what a predicament. Hope somehow it can be sorted out for you. Enjoy the laps, what a lovely idea
    Emzap glad all went well.
    I got out in the afternoon, albeit with a really sore back - again!! Too much time at my desk unfortunately. Did mile warm up and 10 tough hills with Sacha. We both did really well. Then mile cool down, altogether 5.66 miles. Tomorrow will be a very short easy run
  • Short swim (200m) and short run (5k) this morning.
    Micro "creepie" made before physiotherapy appt at 16:30.
    Physio feels pain is musculoskeletal in origin (quadratus +- facet joint) and that she can help whilst saying I was a bit of a puzzle. 
    Back next week ...