Yep, easy lyrics again

What only 2k
    Why run the sum and back aches
    Last hard yesterday's hills
    Last rest 31/12/16

Off to work today for a couple of hours
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Another Day by Paul McCartney.

You are Wabo - I couldn't think of appropriate lyrics for today.

Good that you have finished uploading the info for your claim. Hope the run eases your back.

Hope she's right and you can fix it between you OH.

My car is in for its MOT today - should be ok but it's always a bit of a worry. Nothing much to report other than that. There may be baking.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes, and appropriate for 11th of the 11th!

What: something this afternoon

Why: work this morning. Very much running to feel at present. 

Hope MOT goes to plan, LMH!

Enjoy work Wabo...which is where I am heading now.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good your claim is in wabo. How are you feeling about it all?

Ale didn't realise you were working at the mo. Hope there are good measures in place

What: hopefully some intervals after I've dropped Lukey off
    Why: core hours are from 10 but hoping I'm ok to fit it in before then
    Last hard: this may be
    Lyrics: nope

Had another full night of sleep...dare I start to hope...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    change of plan, M25 was stuffed so not a good day to drive with a sore back!  I will go in Friday instead..
    Emzap, it is still eating me up, I keep looking at vintage jewellery as I know  t here are a couple of items I haven't claimed for because I can't describe them but I know how they looked! Think I need to try and let it go, not easy though
    Enjoy the intervals. Happy days re the sleep!
    Alehouse I thought the lyrics appropriate too, enjoy work and your run later
    lmh, hope the car sails through, I know what you mean

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo  - pleased that the claims are all in
    Els - that sounds like a logistics horror show for the next part of the process, hope it all goes smoothly and to plan.
    Ale - I suspect that yes, the procedure did take more out of you than expected. We always think we can come back as quickly as we used to. I'm learning that isn't the case.
    LMH - hope the car sails through. Ours was yesterday: just about scraped through (with a few hundred spent on known issues). Wanted to get a new one in March, then all the garages closed....

What - run-commute Waterloo to the Wharf at 6am.
    Why - saving myself £2.40 tube fare...
    Last rest - 10/10
    Last hard - yesterday & today
    Dragged myself out yesterday lunchtime, 400/400/300/300/200/200/100/100 alternating fast with steady x2 with 400 easy between each
    Usually do 3 of these but work & meetings dictated I only had time for two including the warm up and cool down. Probably the right call in the end, legs heavy and better to do a shorter, quality session than putting yourself through extended torture. 
    Felt heavy legged again this morning, but to be expected I guess.
    lyric - that's a no from me

• Morning

Glad your claim is now complete Wabo.  Hopefully it will get processed quickly and without any hassle.  Maybe some stretches for the back?

Good luck with the MOT LMH.  Car repairs are expensive.  Good news you have your x-ray sorted. 

Running to feel sounds very sensible at the moment Ale. 

Hope the intervals go to plan emzap - good luck!  That sounds good as well with the sleep.  I don't mind solo speedwork once I get going but need to get my head around how to do the faster end of it.   

Els hope that a solution is found for the logistics.  When does it get light in the mornings if it is dark at 4 already?  Good look to your friend doing the 50k for her 50th - can imagine she will appreciate some company.

Hm what could you spend the 2.40 on Dustin?  Maybe save it for post-lockdown.  Interesting session - yesterday - is it hard to note where you are in the middle of it?  I sometimes struggle to count a simple set of strides.  Shame about the XC. 

Super news regarding the 5k chicksta. 

Hope the physio attention can sort you with that ongoing pain OH.  How many creepies do you have in your collection?

What: some general aerobic miles
    Why: swapping yesterday and today, yesteday can count as a recovery as we were slow due to the fog and one guy had a nasty fall (no lasting damage by the looks of it fortunately) so we had to walk a bit
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Intervals done. 8x1 min with 90sec recovery. Am cream crackered!

Lmh hope your not carless for too long today and it passes.

Hazel are you still allowed to do group runs then?  Hope your friend is ok.

• What: Yoga
    Why: It's grim up North
    Last hard: post physio
    Lyrics No
  • Nice time management emzap.

How often are you having to go in to the office now Dustin?

Sounds sensible Hazel - good that there was no lasting damage from the fall.

You definitely don't want to be sitting in the car for longer than you need to with a dodgy back Wabo.

Hopefully if it hurts it's doing some good OH.

Keep being sensible Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Lmh I could hug you for telling me to soak the fruit. You will never guess! I found 4 gold necklaces and a ring which I'm not sure if it's gold or not but my aunt used to wear it. None of them on the claim because I forgot! They were all in a box up in the cake ingredients cupboard of course, plus a white ceramic watch which my aunt was potty about. My daughter just said, good job you're scatty mum!!
    Lol fruit is soaking in a weird concoction
    Hazel have a good run. My back is easier after a short run and walk. I tried my Tai chi but the back wasn't having it. I'll try different stretches but it is easier after the run
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ahh that's great news wabo. So pleased you found some of it at least x
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    My daughter wants one of the necklaces which I'm glad about! They should be worn
  • That's great Wabo!
  • Afternoon!

Progress on the cake front, Wabo!

MOT, LMH? Hope it wasn't too painful!

Sounds a tough session, Emz! Am working four mornings at present usually just with a small number of children.

What: 40 minutes off road

Why: managed to persuade the legs. First half was pretty grim so stopped, walked, stretched: return journey much better. Extremely windy: yet again against me in both directions!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great news, wabo! And it did make me chuckle a bit :)

LMH: Seems a bit of a waste to have to go for an xray first but it's a similar procedure here in a lot of cases, spinal issues being an exception. Did your car pass the MOT? I don't know but every time something breaks on our cars it's at least a 1000 EUR bill. 

OH: That's an interesting development. I hope that physio is right and can rid you of the pain. I think your grim weather spread to my part of the world. It's the most horrendous grey, wet, dark and cold November day in a long time. So bad I didn't dare to go out. 

Ouch Hazel, hope your running buddy is ok. 

Well done on the intervals, em

Dustin: Running to save the tube fare is great! Do that a few times and invest in some nice cake as a reward ;)

So, just some strengthwork today as it's just too depressing out there today.
  • Car passed with no work required fortunately.

Sounds as though it must have been really grim if you didn't even want to go out for a walk chicksta.
  • That's good re the MOT, LMH. Must book mine.

And meant to say well done with the 5k yesterday, Chick: progress!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great news lmh
    Chicksta I know what am I like!!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Very excited, getting a new back door and windows done tomorrow! 
    Birthday cake to be made for Elodie who will be one. Taking a couple of steps now too!🥺