Thur 12th Nov 2020 - the sirens are screaming

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Training
Lyrics - The sirens are screaming, and the fires are howling way down in the valley tonight

Morning. 
Trying to piece together what I've missed recently - sorry to hear about the jewellery Wabo

Glad to hear the car passed LMH. Are you waiting for an MRI? Fairly standard that they request an xray before the MRI, it might just be that

I've decided to try for a sub 40 10k before I turn 40, so did a wee time trial on Tuesday and managed 44:26 which I was pleasantly surprised with. Few easy miles yesterday. Probably a few easy miles again today, though might add a few hills depending what mood I'm in after the night shift

Comments

• Morning stranger! When is your 40th? Hope you enjoy your run. Yes, the x-ray is so that my GP can refer me for a scan though I don't really meet the criteria.

Hope it isn't too cold whilst they are fitting them Wabo. Are you baking Elodie a chocolate cake? I've been intending to bake for the last few days but haven't been motivated, need to give myself a kick up the proverbial.

What:          easy miles
    Why:           I'm not sure
    Last hard:   contemplating the first painful half mile or so
    Last rest:    11/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all! 
    Chamolk nice to see you, what a target for your 40th! Good luck
    Lmh yes they've requested the chocolate cake lol, though Reggie eats most of it! Hope the easy miles go well
    Yesterday's lyrics - John Lennon give peace a chance
    That's a good point about the cold and the door lmh 🥺
    What 5k on the rides with a mate
    Why can run with one! 
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo how old is Reggie now? Aren't the so cute when they start toddling?

So my luck ran out and we were up from 3-4. 

What: hopefully some.yoga
    Why: missing out on my walk as have meetings at drop off and pick up times
    Last hard: I've woken up feeling hungover and I haven't drink anything since 1 glass of wine on Saturday!!!
    Lyrics: nope

Chamolk that's a great aim. What are you at currently? How's work, is it ramping up again now?

Dustin I can't believe they're making you go in... Essential to be in the office...

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning

Good 10k target for your 40th chamolk (and a nice TT too).  Good idea - I could try 46 mins, that being my age. 

Good news on the car LMH.  Come on - get baking so we can enjoy the thoughts of the results (cake please)

Have a nice 5k Wabo - hmm chocolate cake would be nice.  Great news you found that jewellery yesterday.

Bad luck with the sleep again emzap, walk would have been good to clear your head. We are still allowed groups for non-contact sports training / spontaneous meet-ups - I think 15 here at the moment (depends on your region).  We are generally around 4-5 max which is certainly still allowed.  Always the same few people as well.

What: intervals if I can muster up the courage to do them
    Why: this weeks speedwork
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Mega dreich day here yesterday, talked myself into a little run, yoga and a lot of knitting! Wind and rain got steadily worse. Looks much improved today so going out after baking carrot cake for friend's 50th tomorrow.
    Lots of baking going on here, loaf of sourdough proving, see what I can do wrong with it today, always a new problem!
    Chamolk, good to see you. My 10k PB of 48m is long behind me! Good luck with the PB attempt!
    Return to real yoga classes a bit wierd, v cold in big areno(for distancing purposes and hard to hear at times but otherwise good, shall try not to be next to the fire exit next time there's a gale, wind blew under the door all session! Good for ventilation but chilly!
    Joys of hospital subcommittee meeting this afternoon on teams, harbouring delusions of getting back to some work if I'm OK after next procedure. We will see!
  • Are you not allowed to work currently Els? I would love some of your baking - your friend is fortunate to have you. I'm guessing you're planning to run with her tomorrow too?

Hazel - are you just about sorted for your move now? It's not like me to not be be bothered to bake but we do still have Parkin which may be part of the problem. Hope you have a good interval session.

Sorry you didn't have a good night or time for a walk emzap. Any chance of getting out for some daylight at lunch?

Hope you're managing to stay warm Wabo.
  • Long story re work! No point trying to do anything until I see how next procedure goes now.
    Friend will be working long hours tomorrow but will join her for some if her wideford loops sat....hopefully more than one!
  • 4.3 miles and 550m Swim
    Much better day here today (yesterday was dark wet and windy)
    Last hard: winter weather
    Relative rest day yesterday - just yoga
    Lyrics no
  • Despite working today I'd lost track of which day it was! This poxy pandemic.

Have your post physio aches and pains settled OH?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap - Reggie is 3 and been walking since 8.5 months, mad I know and I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it! Elodie will be one tomorrow she takes a couple of steps then gives up!
    Oh good that it is better, it is lovely here as well - nice exercise!
    LMH hands like ice   :)
    Think I have to buy a cake, the work downstairs re the door is going on long! Plus my back is aching I need to rest as soon as they go.  Door is looking lovely though
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    On a personal good note, I am now at my lowest weight for absolutely ages
  • Afternoon!

Good to see you, Chamolk! And a decent challenge for your 40th!

Good news on the weight, Wabo: with reduced kilometrage I am heading the other way I suspect. 

What: another gentle run d & d

Why: all I am doing at present. Worked this morning, swapping from tomorrow. 

May bake later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done Wabo.

Are you feeling any better Alehouse?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - good news on the wight loss, reward yourself with cake!! An early Happy birthday for Elodie too
    Chamolk - based on where you were, that sub 40 should be within your grasp. I like the idea of trying to beat your age. If I can't beat mine, I'm giving up running though....(54)
    Hazel - enjoy the intervals (if you dared!) - Tuesday's 4/3/2/1 we normally do either on track or on an (appx) 400m square. I did mine on an 800 loop, so as long as you know where the 200 splits are you should be OK...
    Emz - well done with the minutes session, I know that's a painful one!
    LMH - good news re the car. As for the office, they still bang on about 30% attendance, so 1 week in 3. I don't mind coming in but it seems a bit pointless when only about 20% of staff actually buy in to it.
    Yesterday 7 people should have been in - there was me and 2 others.

What - 6 x 500m hills at Greenwich Park
    Why - Lost sanity
    last rest -10/10
    Last hard - that was
    Picked the steeper side of the park, shallow climb then it just gets steeper for about 100m
    Not huge elevation in the greater scheme of things - about 90-100ft per rep, but enough to get the legs burning

• Great to see you chamolk. You're such a youngster and I'm pretty sure 40mins is achievable. Your casual 44 something very close to my PB  :D 

Dustin: 6 x 500 hill reps is insane! 

Glad your car passed, LMH. How did the run go?

Great news on the weight loss, wabo. I hope it's because you did all those LEJOG runs rather than it being stress induced. 

Em: I find that a lack of sleep can make you feel hungover. 

Went for half an hour of run/walk today. At least it was dry and marginally lighter than yesterday although it is raining again now and has been all afernoon. 
  • I guess it gives you a change of running scene Dustin.

Much the same I'm afraid chicksta. Glad you were able to get out today.
  • chicksta said:

hello, can I come and play too?  Not quite sure what this is all about but work is boring and this looks like fun

What: 9m tempo
    Why: trying to get fast
    Last hard: yesterday (1k intervals - OUCH)
    Last rest: Monday

Nearly hometime ....

Look what I found :D.  This was my first post on the DTT dated 12 August 2009 :)

• Can't believe I ever did a 9  mile tempo run :o
  • And the day after 1k reps as well, Chick!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Love that first post chicksta
    No I never lose weight from stress cos I never get to a point where I can't eat lol! 
    Never have lost weight that way. It's a determined effort on my part. It works