Friday 13th November 2020 - One time to know that it's real

Morning.

Lyrics - One time to know that it's real

One time to know how it feels

Happy Birthday Elodie.

That was some schedule you were following chicksta.

Wet this morning but forecast to dry up though I'm not sure it will be in time for Lola's walk. Walking with a friend and her dog after that so although it's not a run day I should manage a fair few miles on my feet. B12 jab this afternoon which should help mood and energy levels in a couple of days. I'm supposed to be having my flu jab too but I don't want it. Never usually have it but feel that it's the responsible thing to do in the circumstances but as Mark said I'm not exactly going anywhere to catch it. Decisions, decisions.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hopefully the rain has gone through here. Bright sunshine at present, although I dare say it won't last.

What: probably around half an hour

Why: not working. Need to fit run round supermarket shop and tyre repair: new tyres recently and have a nail in one. Hope it can be sorted without another new tyre! 

Coffee and walnut cake plus apple tart baked yesterday evening. Must freeze some before I eat it!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: Noooo, don't freeze it. Send it to me ;)  Annoying about the tyre.

Hope the B12 makes you feel better, LMH. The flu jab should work for about a year, so perhaps it's worth to get it as we're all living in hope that going places may be possible again at some time in the future :)

Yeah, that was one crazy schedule back then. I won my age cat in a 5k race a few weeks later so it must have worked :)

A lot brighter today but I have work to do unfortunately. I managed half an hour of s&c though.
  • Morning

Well done on the weight Wabo. Like the idea of cake as a reward. Door sorted I hope.

I've heard of hot yoga but not of chilly yoga Els.  Good luck to your friend tomorrow - hopefully decent conditions.

Nice training combo yesterday OH.

At least with only 2 people in to work your own risk there was reduced Dustin.  But you also have to get there.  Nice hill session, sounds like a handy slope.

Love the old post and training Chicksta.

Enjoy the walks LMH.  No idea regarding the flu jab - there is a shortage here.  I did have one once as it was offered for free at work.  I've never actually had the flu, just plenty of bad colds.

That is annoying regarding the tyre Ale.  hmm - you should eat the cake and tart!

What: recovery run (4-5 miles)
    Why: intervals yesterday (2 x 1200, 2 x 800, 2 x 600 - managed a bit quicker than 10k pace so ok).
    Last hard: Friday 13th IT issues post updates grrr!! (could have happily thrown the laptop out of the window)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Yesterday's lyrics - Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf.

It was either 40 min 10k or try to do a 40 mile run, so I chose the shorter option. Emz - 44:26 the other day gave me a good idea where things are. I've got 5-6 months to do it. My 5k pb just over a year ago was 19:57, so I've got a bit of work to do, but I've currently no marathons or halves planned until next autumn, so can spend a few months in the new year focusing on 5k/10k work. 

All this talk of cake is making be hungry - I'm avoiding all sweets currently, in an effort to enjoy them more (and not feel as guilty) in December.

Chick - 9 mile tempo the day after 1k intervals sounds pretty tough going no wonder you won the age category. Sounds like Dustin is still at things like that. 

I haven't had my flu vacc this year yet, we've a supply shortage too, though my family have all had theirs already. 

What - haven't decided yet, it's cold but sunny here today, hoping to get out in the daylight for something, probably just some easy miles
    Why - general base training

Lyrics no

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'd have chosen the 40 mile option, chamolk ;)  I don't do speed anymore. 

Nice session, Hazel. And quicker than 10k pace is great going. 

Here are the entries from my training log from 2009 ;)  I find old training logs quite hilarious to read.

Intervals:
    4:12, 4:13, 4:14, 4:12, 4:14 : faded a bit towards the end but quite happy I did these outside. The last one was hell.

Tempo run:

A bit crazy to do this after a hard interval session & another gym session but what the heck.  Felt like doing it. Quite surprised to manage 2 hard sessions in a row.
  • Swim so far
    Maybe short run, maybe yoga later, (maybe neither ;) )
    Maybe a bit more woodwork although I may need a trip to Barnard Castle soon !!

Another greyish day but not actually raining
    Last hard: cracked tooth (awaiting telephone call from dentist)
    Lyrics no
  • Amazing work OH. Not good news about the tooth - hope it can be sorted quickly.

chicksta - I won't be going anywhere before the flu season is over.

chamolk - I'd have gone for the 40 miles, fast is too painful! Surprised you aren't a priority for the flu jab. Enjoy your run.

Sounds as though your run would be needed for stress relief Hazel. Well done on the intervals.

Hope you managed to get the tyre sorted Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • OMG, OH - that's amazing! Soon you'll be working under a microscope and training your heart to stop beating while you finish your piece. I went to a miniature exhibition once and the guy who did them (he placed them inside the eye of a needle) did just that.

Check it out: www.willardwiganmbe.com