Saturday 14th November 2020 - I got you - and that's all I want

Morning.

Lyrics - I got you - and that's all I want

I won't forget - that's a whole lot

It came out nice here yesterday but we are forecast rain all day today - typical on a run day!

What:          short and easy
Why:           planning to to try to run two days in a row again
Last hard:   being in pain at the start of every run
Last rest:    13/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Lifelines by A-ha.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yes, forecast is not good here either, LMH: wind even more annoying than the rain!

What: something

Why: waiting for a dry window
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Raining overnight here, but dried up a bit now. I always find the wind a challenge too Ale, don't mind the rain much

Some easy miles again today, might travel a little further afield for a change of scenery

Hope things aren't too sore today LMH

Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Raining and windy here today

What: 16km
    Why: I'm building up
    Last hard: feeling unsafe
    Lyrics: nope

So about 3km into my run I go onto country lanes. There's a motorway tunnel and in the tunnel was a guy just loitering. He crossed over to me as I ran through and then turned away from me and started fiddling with what looked like his flies (I didn't hang around to find out!).  I legged it up the hill and texted my hubby then luckily saw some people I knew they told me others I knew were further ahead so caught up and ran with them for the rest of the run. He'd gone by the time I went back but didn't want to risk it.  Anyway though I cut that loop of my run short I made up for it and did my planned 10 miles.  Met OH and Lucas at a different cafe for takeaway coffee and brownies.  

Lmh when's your x-ray?

How's the hip ale?

Have a lovely day all.

Oh meant to say. Lucas walked down our road for the first time yesterday's. He'll be parkrunning soon 😍
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics no
    Lmh I hope not too painful
    Wayhay Lucas!    How lovely. Oh blimey that's scary, it's awful we have to feel like that running! Great miles though
    Chamolk enjoy the easy miles
    Alehouse im just back and got soaked bit had a nice run
    What 5k
    Why Saturday
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Waiting for gifts to come to fit front door and new glass in back Windows
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

Managed to stay dry here, Wabo! Just a few spots but heavier now. And not particularly windy either. 

Enjoy your miles, Chamolk!

Nice one Lucas! Hope we are all parkrunning soon...but somehow doubt it! And say well done to mummy: 16k is a decent distance. Not a nice experience with the strange guy. 

What: 40 minutes or so

Why: felt quite a bit better today but restricted myself. No rush. No hip pain and the quads feel less smashed. Just going to gradually increase the weekly kms, and as I say, no rush. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Only as sore as usual thanks girls. It is very difficult to get myself out knowing that the first half mile at least is going to hurt but once I get through that it's generally ok, a bit of an ache in the knee and hip at worse until I stop and walk home.

Running somewhere a bit different can make the world of difference chamolk, hope you managed it.

That does sound scary emzap. Go Lucas!

Sounds positive Alehouse. Managed to stay mostly dry on Lola's walk and my little run.

Hope you don't get too cold Wabo.
  • <3 Lucas
    Oh em, that's so scary. So unfair us girls can't run when and where want to 😡. Luckily you came across those other people. And great you did the planned 16k.

Good to hear you feel a bit better, ale. I ran longer than you today ;)

LMH: Good on ya running two days in a row. I'm contemplating trying that myself.

45 mins run/walk today. Was tempted to do an hour but didn't want to overdo things. Foot is great though 🙏
  • I haven't yet chicksta, well, not for a few weeks, needed two days off after the last attempt. Good that your foot is holding up so well.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - that's scary, but great news about the running protege!
    Chamolk - did you go "Home" or "away" in the end?
    Good to see the rest of you getting a few miles in too.
    Chick - great to see that first post, 9mile tempo the day after kilo reps is insane!
    I'll see if I can find my first post (circa March 2002..)

What - hour trails
    Why - weather. Non stop rain, so headed straight onto the fields. Waterlogged, thick mud, heavy leaf debiris. Loved it. 
    Absolutely deserted out: didn't see a soul until I was coming back to the woods almost 7 miles / 1 hour in. 
    Last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - Thursdays hills
    lyric - dont think so
  • Evening

'Fraid we had lovely weather today once the fog had lifted. With Saturday jobs to be done and a visit to the DIY store this afternoon couldn't really use it though. Amazing the number of people in the place and the full car park for the neighbouring multi store place. Maybe fears of lockdown.

Hope you got away for a run Chamolk.  

Eek emzap - not nice.. Well done on the 10 miles. You will have to get Lucas a pr barcode set up when (if?) it restarts.

Sounds like progress Ale.

Ditto LMH that no worse than normal.

Shame about the soaking Wabo, hope you were warm and dry prior to the lack of door and windows.

Good news Chicksta.

Ideal conditions Dustin. Nice little streak you have going.

What: Saturday am training with 2 others. Practiced perceived effort on a 1-5 scale from 2-4ish on an undulating route. Good reason to attack a few short hills.
    Why: good idea to listen and practice some things. Only sort of training I have other than reading books etc.
    Last hard: feeling enthusiastic about buying DIY stuff.  Men seem to find it more fun?
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • Swim around wreck at lunchtime then joined Ailsa (on 5k for 50 to) for 1 lap of Wideford Hill
    Lyrics no