Sunday 15th November 2020 - Lightening strikes, silver motorbikes

Morning.

Lyrics - Lightening strikes, silver motorbikes

It was really busy out here yesterday morning Dustin, saw lots more runners than usual whilst walking Lola, don't know if they were dodging the rain or what. Sounds as though you enjoyed your run. My knees particularly object to slipping and sliding so I'm having to be careful on the mud and fallen leaves.

I hope the weather was kind to the birthday girl and she completed her run OH?

DIY Hazel? Is this for the new place?

A wet start to the day forecast here but it is supposed to dry up later this morning. Would be nice if it did that in time for my run.

What:           easy run
Why:            pushing the boundaries
Last hard:    getting through the first half mile and hoping the knee stops hurting
Last rest:     13/11

Yesterday's lyrics - I Gut You - Split Enz.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Is that three days in a row, LMH?

Not a great fan of DIY, Hazel, but sometimes it has to be done. 

What: weather watching. Pouring at present but looks lighter in the distance. 

Why: looking for a window of opportunity for my run. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No Alehouse. If I get out today it will be two but my knee was the wrong side of uncomfortable walking this morning and as we arrived home the heavens opened. I'm not even sure why I'm putting myself through it so may decide not to. I'm sure you'll make a window regardless, you are much more dedicated than I am.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Morning again!

Not sure that I am more dedicated than you, LMH! Doubt I would be running at all in your shoes! Hope the x-ray gives answers, at least in terms of needing a scan. 

What: just under 40 mins largely off road

Why: managed to find a window of opportunity. It actually would have been really nice out had it not been for struggling into a wind for most of the run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope everyone having good runs today! Beautiful day here and just in from a wee 4m leg stretcher after yesterday's epic fail. Started off with my friend's birthday 50k in 8k loops of the hill, lagging behind from the start, lost them completely after 2 loops did another 2 walk running on my own and came home with tail between legs, another loop would definitely have been ok but would have been out on the hill alone in the dark which I didn't much fancy.  Oh well, shouldn't try to run with the good runners!
    Friend from work coming round with her kids this afternoon, will have to avoid visitors after that (having only been allowed home visits again since Friday).
    Lyrics - nope!
  • Windy here too Alehouse - though OH and Els would laugh at my calling it that I'm sure :-) I cannot imagine many circumstances in which you would not run!

Els - I'm sorry that your friends didn't wait for you. That's a good distance. Back to self isolating before your procedure?
  • Went a bit further afield yesterday, no nice pics I'm afraid as it was so foggy, but did 10k over some hills.

Heavy rain all night last night and this morning, but a friend and I went out anyway for 90 mins

Sorry to hear about your experience Emz, very unpleasant behaviour. Would it be worth reporting to local police?

Glad you found a bit of a break in the weather ale. Did you get out for your run LMH?

32K still very good Els, maybe at another time of year you'd have managed the 5th lap, it gets dark so early now

Lyrics no
  • Chamolk, yes an earlier start would have meant more time but also need more fitness.
    Hardly any wind today here. Just social distancing from until my covid test a week Thurs so only 3 days isolating after that but of course I will be being careful.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els  - as chamolk says , still a decent effort.
    Ale - glad you made it out
    What - 100minutes - waterlogged and /or sticky boggy trails with a few inclines thrown in for good measure.
    Why - toughing out the trails
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - That was pretty heavy going. Some of the lesser paths were completely submerged (shin deep puddles) and you're never quite sure what horrors they are hiding (trip hazards mainly)
    Brighter day, so I managed to avoid a soaking from the heavens. Been rubbish all afternoon so I chose my window wisely!

• Swim at 10, 2nd of XC series at 2pm (last)
    Reasonably nice day for November
    I managed 1 lap yesterday, LOL
    Lyrics no idea but sounds Moddish
  • I hate DIY stores to, Hazel. I usually avoid going and let Mr Chick do the shopping there.

Did you try a run today, LMH? I chickened out. I felt a slight twinge at night which may well have been in my head but it freaked me out. So sticking with running every other day for the time being.

Whoa, tough terrain, Dustin and good timing it seems.

Epic distance, Els. Shame you had no company.  Have a nice time with your friends.

Nice wind battling, ale.

Super crowded trails here today. It was a beautiful day, sunny and 16 degrees and as people can't go anywhere in town they come here. Can't blame them.

Just a walk for me. And not a long one either as there were just too many people out and about.

• Evening

OH - forgot to say that I loved the micro creepie from the other day, will be interesting if you can do smaller still!

Definitely take care on those leaves LMH - they can also hide some nasties as well as being slippery.  Bit of DIY needed in both places - we also got exciting things like a new broom and a small bin.  Did you get out for your run in the end?

Good you found a decent window Ale.  I'm not really into DIY either - OH normally sighs and takes whatever tool I am trying to use away from me.  I did get excited about the enormous drill I saw - could hardly pick it up.   I would hate to use it in reality though as it is surely very noisy.

That is a shame Els. 4 loops sounds like a great effort on your part though.  Enjoy your friend's visit.

Glad you got away from your home turf Chamolk and a nice run today to back it up too.

More fun wallowing Dustin - well done.  

What: 10 miles with a bit of effort over the last quarter, 20 miles of gentle mtb trundling
    Why: cut back week so no MLR today.  Mild(ish) so got out the bike again.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • I had a word and did run. It's no worse at the start of a run on day two it's just that when I've tried running two days in a row before walking has been painful the next couple of days so I've had to have two days off. My hip was very unhappy from shortly after my run, hoping that will settle and that my knee won't be too bad tomorrow.

Not too bad on the isolation front then Els. Hope you had a nice time with your friends. You'll still be able to meet up with them outside though won't you?

Nice double OH. Don't blame you for not doing much yesterday if as you were racing today.

You really seem to be enjoying the trail running Dustin.

Doesn't sound as though you got much of a change of scene with the fog chamolk but still nice to run somewhere different and with company today.

I hope it wasn't anything chicksta but makes sense to be cautious.

Doesn't sound like much of a cutback Hazel!