Tue 17th Nov 2020 - I took my love

Lyrics - I took my love, I took it down. 
I climbed a mountain and I turned around

Rest day today, having to fight the urge to do some running though. Might do some stretching or core work or something. 

Just enjoying the peace I have for an hour here before the 3 whirlwinds upstairs wake up

Hope everyone is well

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Another Day by The Cure.

You sound as though you're champing at the bit chamolk. How about a walk? Wish I had some of your energy/enthusiasm.

Is your pain any better OH?

What:          a run
    Why:           I'm stubborn
    Last hard:   knowing it's going to hurt
    Last rest:    16/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

I swore I posted yesterday not sure where I posted:-) anyway lovely to see Chamolk back running.
    I have had a gastro type thing or IBS swollen tum and very painful tum.I am still swollen but pain getting better.

What: Hoping for a few miles either running or walking after jab
    Why: Tum
    last hard Tum
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning

+1 to going for a walk chamolk - and maybe do some stretching / core walk on top.  Nice progressive run yesterday - the new shoes seem to suit you well then.

Good news regarding the op date chicksta.  Fits in with your New Year plans nicely.  Are you still run-walking at the moment?

Great news regarding the insurance Wabo.  Brr to waiting outside during the hospital appointment.

Can't have too many pairs of shoes Dustin.

Ouch WP.  Some gentle exercice might help.

Difficult to be enthusiastic about something that hurts LMH. 

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Meant to post yesterday but was tired so went to bed and forgot!

Yesterday did 6km with some hill reps thrown in. Ran with someone from club so we did a club session.

Today some core and glute work.  Started my new weight loss plan yesterday. Yesterday was good but I'm so bad at keeping it up! Not used to needing to lose weight! 

Wabo good news about the insurance. Hope you warmed up a bit after yesterday!

Chamolk ohh new shoes, I'm waiting for mine to arrive.

Lmh I love that "I'm stubborn"!

Chick sensible about the op.

Poppy hope you're feeling better soon.

Have a lovely day all.
  • Hope you're feeling better soon Poppy.

It is Hazel. I'm sat here trying to talk myself into going out as has been usual for the past few months :-( Enjoy your run with company later.

Do you really need to lose weight emzap? Is Lucas sleeping any better? How's the new job going?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh, I'm 7kg off where I'd ideally like to be and 4 off where I was pre baby...
  • Swim and slow jog (4.17) done.
    Physio later
    Nice day today
    Lyrics no

Hope improvement continues WP
  • Good luck then emzap. I'd find it much harder at this time of year.

Hope physio helps OH.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - agree, maybe a brisk walk and some S&C. I find just being outside helps (& include gardening in that).
    WP - eek, hope tum settles soon. Not comfortable at all.
    Emz - good luck with the weight management, I'm sure it'll fall off naturally as the running continues.
    LMH - hope you do get out today
    No Ale today yet?

What - 8x400m hill reps (road)
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was. Left the house feeling a bit "meh" and did think about an hour easy on the lanes. Headed out to a local favourite road hill (just over a mile away), put on my big boy pants and just sucked it up.
    8 reps of about 400m (just over) that starts off with a steady incline but gets steeper about 3/4 way through just when the legs start to regret it. Not super fast but consistently at "effort".
    As always, pleased afterwards for getting it done. 
  • Afternoon!

I'm here, Dustin! Work and then running got in the way of posting. And that session of 400 hill reps was far too tough!

Emz: I also think that the weight will come off naturally with running. In general I also think it isn't the best of times to lose weight.

It was supposed to be a nice day here(forecast of 16 and sunny intervals). Thick grey cloud, 13 or 14 and very windy.

What: about 40 minutes off road

Why: trying to get back to where I was a month ago without rushing. Second half felt better today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I did Dustin and like you felt better for it.

Similar weather here Alehouse. Good that the second half of your run felt better.
  • Ale/Hazel: Yes, run/walk. I'm still keeping my sensible head on  o:)

Chamolk: Great progressive run. New shoes are a huge motivator. Also wish I had your energy ... 

Dustin: Turned that meh run around very nicely :+1:

Em: You'll be getting there, don't worry. Not long until you'll have to run after Lucas all the time ;)  What LMH said though - this time of year is hard for trying to lose weight. 

Healing vibes are a-coming your way, Poppy

Glad the run made you feel better, LMH

Wet, windy, cold and miserable here today, so just some s&c work done. Alternating that with run/walk seems like a good thing to do. 
  • Definitely sensible to build the running slowly chicksta.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I'm not going crazy, just cutting out some sweet things I've been eating and trying to cut portion size a bit.

Glad the run had a positive effect today lmh. I find this weather doesn't help with the feeling good.

Chick slow is good