Wed 19 Nov 2820 - if my words did glow

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Training
Lyrics - If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine, and my tunes were played on the harp unstrung

Yesterday's lyrics were Landslide, by Fleetwood Mac

Well, in the end, I did no exercise at all yesterday. No harm in resting obviously, I was quite tired after work so probably needed it. 

Glad your run went well LMH, hope it hasn't caused any ill effects today. 

Good luck with the weight loss Emz, sounds a reasonable approach. I've stopped all sweet stuff for November, partly for weight loss and partly so I can enjoy them in December, a bit more guilt free. 

Hows the recovery going chick?

Hope the tummy is better today poppy

Nice hill session Dustin. I was looking at the hill I have nearby where I'd do shorter repeats (up to about 30s) and marvelling at how small it looks as you approach it in the car, yet it looks so much steeper when you're standing at the bottom about to charge up it

Hoping to get back to that hill/trail I went to the other day - I'll try and get a photo on later, assuming it's not as foggy today

Comments

• Morning.

If rest felt right then it was chamolk. Unfortunately my knee disturbed my sleep last night. I don't think the two days in a row with just the one day off after was a good idea. Lesson learnt. Hope the weather is good and you enjoy your run today.

emzap - the perpetual greyness doesn't help anything. I'm not a winter person in usual circumstances as you know.

I've managed not to put on any real weight even with the lack of miles but I am sitting at my winter weight - no harm in that as long as it doesn't go much higher! I'm not confident I'm going to be in a position to run it off at any point in the near future (if ever). If we were in normal times I'd probably have tried to find something at the gym that didn't upset it even if it was just swimming but I can't see that happening for another few months either so I'll just have to try not to eat too much of my baking - lemon polenta cake planned this morning after Lola's walk and before going for my x-ray.

Lyrics - unusually for chamolk's, no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Quick post before work.

Lyrics: no

What: a run

Why: running every day

Suspect I will get wet.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Pic would be nice chamolk.  Cutting out all sweet stuff sounds tough.    I more worry about charging down steep hills (usually only done in races - probably why I'm pretty crap at it). 

Have a decent day at work Ale and hope you don't get too wet on your run.

Lemon polenta sounds nice LMH.  Fingers crossed the x-ray goes off smoothly without too much waiting around.

Good look with the weight loss emzap - sounds like a sensible approach. 

How is the back/side feeling now OH?

Good hill session Dustin - well done for getting it done if you initially didn't feel like it. 

Hope the weather picks up for you all soon - bit of sun every now and then is good for the mind.

What: recovery with a few strides
    Why:  why not
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • It's been very grey here for quite a while Hazel - a brighter day would be very welcome. The community x-ray at the health centre is really efficient in normal times so I'm expecting even less people in the waiting room (usually two at most) and to be straight in and out. It's a very different experience to going to the hospital for x-rays or scans, we are very fortunate to have the service. Closer for me and free parking too.

We were forecast rain from 1400hrs Alehouse but it looks as though it's started early so I'm afraid your prediction is probably correct.
  • Afternoon!

Quiet!

What: short and easy run

Why: it was pouring. Was always going to be an easier day anyway. Waterproof socks were a blessing!

Hope all went to plan, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I was out of the health centre four minutes after my appointment time Alehouse.
  • Efficient, LMH!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Emz - "cutting out sweet things" ?  Sorry, cannot compute....
    LMH - wow that's good service

What - hour easy on the trails, still a bit swampy out there 
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - yesterday
    Rain just about limited to drizzle for the run: hammered down working this afternoon
    lyric - not sure I do...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I spotted straight away that the date is wrong, my son's birthday is 19/11 - tomorrow.  Confused me!
    Dustin nice running!
    LMH very good going with the health centre!
    Alehouse glad you have waterproof socks lol, it was dry here today
    hazel hope you had a good run
    chamolk hope you got a run in

What: 9k with 3 x 2min 3 x 4min and 3 x 2min effort, all alone
    why: billy no mates today!
    Last hard that was because it all involved hills!
    last rest: 31/12/16

Back just slightly easing up today, hope it does so even more in the next few days
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Ah, well noticed Wabo, sorry about that

Glad the xray was quick LMH

Waterproof socks Ale? Didn't know there was such a thing. Are they better than waterproof shoes?

I'm not much good at the downhills Hazel, tend to do a bit better uphill

Nice to get on the trails Dustin

I managed 11.2 miles, got back to that local trail up some hills. 1600 ft of climbing. Main problem today was the wind - the easy decent that lasts a few miles had a stinker of a head wind that meant I finished the decent exhausted, and struggled a bit on the second lap. I'll post a few photos - the weather lifted a bit, though the ground was pretty sodden 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The second photo is overlooking Belfast. The titanic museum is somewhere in the distance
  • Evening! 
    Looks pretty remote, Chamolk! Sounds and looks like a tough run today!
    Waterproof socks: I was a bit uncertain as to the benefit but wouldn't do without them. Feet don't stay dry, just damp; but there is none of the heavy squishy feel, and, your feet stay clean. I think LMH also wears them at times. Certainly one for the Christmas list! 

That was a big session, Wabo! Especially alone and especially including hills!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Wow Chamolk, beautiful.  My first marathon was Belfast, and fastest too!

What: yoga
    Why: was going to be a run day but legs were really heavy so postponed run until tomorrow
    Last hard: I'm cream crackered, though Lucas has slept through 2 nights in a row!
    Lyrics: nope

Hazel I'm better at down than up, always overtake people on down and get overtaken on up!

LMH efficient!  When do you get the results?  Lemon polenta cake sounds lovely :)

Ale at least your feet remained unsquelchy!

Wabo that sounds tough.

Day 3 of healthy eating has been much easier than Days 1 and 2.  Will definitely be taking a break at the weekends though or I'll never be able to do my long runs!

Have a great evening all