Thursday 19th Nov 2020 - if I leave here tomorrow

Lyrics - If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me? For I must be traveling on now, cos here's too many places I've got to see

Yesterday's lyrics were Ripple, by The Grateful Dead. 

I've double checked today's date this time. Happy birthday to your son Wabo. 

Ale - might consider the socks, though I think I'm going to treat myself to a forerunner 945 soon

Emz - I always find the first few days the toughest, then things ease a bit. Do you think it was partly why your legs felt heavy, or was it unrelated?

I was wrecked after my run last night so had something to eat and was in bed for half 9, after a little stretching. Teaching on a course all day today so dunno if I'll get out today

Comments

• Morning.

Beautiful place to run chamolk. I have a pair of waterproof socks (Sealskin) but couldn't imagine running in them. I bought them for on the bike and use them when the waterproofing on my dog walking shoes is going. Hope the course goes well today. Sounds as though a rest day wouldn't go amiss.

emzap - healthy eating needn't mean under fuelled for your runs,, oats are your friend. You might be a bit slower whilst you adjust to the lower calories.

Happy Birthday to Wabo jnr.

X-ray results should be with GP in five days but could take ten. I expect it will be a long wait for an MRI if they agree to do one. Yesterday my knee was so bad (and hip not good) despite not doing much that I was seriously considering stopping trying to run but this morning despite the wind and rain I'm more inclined to torture myself again. So difficult to know what to do for the best.

Lyrics - another no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk cheers! Love your photos, I'll try take a couple today so you can see the complete opposite of my run! 
    Emzap, know what you mean about healthy eating, I went a bit off track last night with chocolate!!

What run to meet mate for short walk then longer run home
    Why get it done plus she needs knitting needles that I have 😂
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

Have a good day all - off to see son later, he's 33 today 🥺🥺
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh have a good run, I hope that result is closer to the 5 days for you than 10
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh and lyrics yes oh yes!
  • Just noticed that as well as getting the date wrong yesterday, I also jumped 800 years in to the future
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

re socks, whilst a little bulky and take a little getting used to, wouldn't be without them at present for off road running.

Happy birthday to Wabo's son: about six months younger than my eldest. Not easy to celebrate at present of course. 

What: a run with my M75 neighbour

Why: good to run in company. Last ran with him on October 1st. Currently pouring of course, so our 9:15 start may be delayed. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's filthy here Alehouse. Can't see any joy in heading out in this which may mean no run today. Hope it dries up for you.

Enjoy the company Wabo - I hope you have better weather than us.

We all knew what you meant chamolk :-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Morning again!

Nigh on perfect weather for our run! Hazy sunshine, no wind, about 7 degrees. Rather puddly, slippery and muddy in parts.

What: about 7k.

Why: M75 chose the route. My longest run for a month I think.

Edit: actually ran a bit further two weeks ago (7.77k) so should have tacked a bit on! No rush!

Got on the scales: 4lbs heavier than a month ago; no surprise! Hopefully it will drop off as I gradually increase the kms. Again, no rush. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good that you had nice conditions for your run Alehouse. I actually found a short dry window though it did mean doing my first call sat in my running kit afterwards. Of course it looks lovely out there now. 4lbs is a lot in a month!
  • Oops, forgot to post yesterday.

Dustin said:
    Hi
    Emz - "cutting out sweet things" ?  Sorry, cannot compute....

:D  me neither

Nice pics, chamolk. Know what you mean about hills being a lot more intimidating on foot. Tough run by the looks of it. The wrong date totally didn't register with me. 

LMH: Hope you get the xray results soon and more importantly an appointment for an MRI scan. Maybe the waiting list is a bit shorter in Covid times? 

Happy birthday to your son, wabo

OK, so that weight talk made me brave the scales. I'm a bit shocked to see I'm at 54kg which is the lowest I've been in ages. I take it though. Means I can go a bit overboard in the run-up to xmas. Bring on the Lebkuchen :)

4k run/walk today. Wanted 5 but had to dodge a shower. It was wheelie-bin-dance windy too. 

• Afternoon!

A pound a week is no surprise, LMH! Over the last 4 weeks I have run around 100km: I had been running more than that in a fortnight. Obviously need to get back to that, gradually, to get back to where I was. 

Sufficiently pleasant this afternoon for some cross training in the garden. Frost forecast overnight.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    But chicksta hasn't been running at all Alehouse..............:-)

Nice going chicksta. I've managed to maintain despite the huge loss of miles and a bad cake habit.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Chamolk - sounds busy, nice pics yesterday too, thanks
    Wabo - happy birthday to your little boy
    good set yesterday!
    Ale - glad you avoided any bad weather
    Chick - impressive weigh in, 54 kg - You need more cake - LMH what do you mean "bad" cake habit  :D

What - mix up. Another CBA day but warmed up with 2x400s on the flat (nothing exotic ~ 90s) then did a 10-step hill ladder on the same incline as Tuesday.
    The whole hill is about 400-450m long, and I have 10 "check points" to count going up. Ran to 1 and back, 2 and back, 3 and back...
    Starts off shallower but by the time you get to 5 and 6 the hill kicks in more steeply. Last few had me feeling grateful I did this before lunch...

Still ended up with 7 miles for the day. Legs battered now, 
    Last rest - 10/10/20
    Last hard - that was
    lyric - not sure
  • Evening!

Cross post with Chick earlier! Shows the value of cross training and walking! 

Another tough session Dustin! I was battered reading it!
  • You are knocking out some great sessions Dustin.

True Alehouse, if I can't run I try to walk.

Wrexham are trying to hold the elite marathon again - 25th April next year. Do I risk my £33 when I don't know if my knee will allow marathon training again or wait until I know by which time I may not get a place?
  • Swim to wreck and run up the hill.
    winter arrived today
    2°C and a stiff breeze. Hail.
    weather going to get worse over weekend (batten down hatches over weekend)
    last hard: physio but seems to have made some improvement ...
    lyrics: no idea
    Elspeth reckons there is no hope for me as I failed to get a joke that involved knowing Dolly Parton had written a song called “9 - 5”