Fri 20 Nov 2020 - I feel it in my fingers

Lyrics - I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. 

Couple of possible answers for this one. Yesterday's were Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Was at my course yesterday all day yesterday so didn't get out for a run. Some easy miles planned today

Dunno about the marathon LMH, how confident are you you'll be able to train? 

Comments

• Morning.

Not at all chamolk! Enjoy your run today.

I'm with Els on that one OH. Good news that you seem to have some improvement, hope it continues. Cold and wet here but not too windy.

I was planning to try to run again, rest tomorrow and run Sunday but looking at the forecast Saturday and Sunday might be better. I'll see how my knee feels after Lola's walk and how bad the weather is when I'm ready to run.

What:           maybe another run
    Why:            stupid is as stupid does
    Last hard:    knowing what to do for the best
    Last rest:     18/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes. Twice.

What: easy run after work.

Why: being careful. Think I am going to get wet again.

LMH: I think that you need at least the x-ray results before thinking very far ahead.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Beautiful dawn sky
    Storm forecast for weekend
    Swim soon, likely run later
    Lyrics - a rare yes

• (we had a swimming version of these lyrics, add a can't or two and yo get the idea!)
  • Morning

Forgot to post yesterday.

Belated thanks for the Belfast hill pics Chamolk - pretty sure I've been up there (quite a few years ago).  Shame you couldn't get out yesterday so enjoy today's run.  Laughed at the date mistake mid-week - I missed that entirely.

Can imagine not feeling the fingers and toes in the cold water you swim in OH.  Beautiful sky indeed (painting inspiration?).  Hope the storm isn't too bad.

Difficult to manage both knee and the weather LMH.  Agree with Ale regarding x-ray and maybe scan too.

Bit of extra chocolate won't hurt now and then Wabo.  Hope you didn't fall on those knitting needles whilst running.  Did your son have a decent birthday under the current circumstances?

Nice you had a meet-up with M75 again Ale.   Haven't ever tried waterproof socks.

Enjoy the Lebkuchen chicksta (resists going downstairs and opening the cupboard)...54kg doesn't sound a lot.

More good hills Dustin.

What: 5-6 recovery pace
    Why: 5k TT yesterday (21:03 - decent benchmark but would like a sub 21..)
    Last hard: that 5k - pleased to get round it this time
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: think so.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    lyrics yes
    PC went potty yesterday couldn't get back on and was getting ratty trying the phone!!
    hazel wow nice 5k! enjoy the well earned recovery run
    Hope you don't get too wet alehouse! Glad you ran with your M75.
    LMH have a nice walk with Lola and run if you do

What: 5k on the rides d&d with Sacha
    why: not seen her all week!
    Last hard: that, though not as hard as yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Fingers crossed for son and dil on a house to rent in the interim, whilst waiting to buy somewhere.  They have to get out of their tiny flat!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Nice running Hazel - not easy on your own.

Is their purchase not going through Wabo?

Sounds as though you're making the most of it before the weather worsens OH.

Forecast rain didn't materialise so I headed out for a run. Planned rest tomorrow and hope to run longer on Sunday.

The problem with waiting until I know what's going on with my knee is that I have no idea when that will be. X-ray results not expected to show anything and who knows how long it will be before I get a scan - if it's even approved? No need to decide today though.
  • Oh no, wabo. House worries are something they can do without. Fingers crossed they find a good place soon.

OH: beautiful sunrise. 

Very good TT, Hazel!. I've never broken 21mins on my own and I don't think I ever will. The decline is unstoppable.

Hope you managed to stay dry, ale

Dustin: My husband would agree on me having to eat more cake. He prefers me more - ahem - rounded ;) 

Good that you found a window to head out, LMH. I hope you get approval for a scan. Guess you have to insist a bit and tell them it impairs your life and mental well-being as you cannot walk without pain. Probably not a good idea to tell them you're a long distance runner ;)

Enjoy your easy miles, chamolk. Yes to lyrics :+1:

S&C day today. It has become quite cold here. 
  • Afternoon!

Well done Hazel! And a target for next time! As Chick says, it is hard on your own. I think that you would improve that in a race, if there ever is one. I also think that shows that your training is going well, and your 10k time is also probably due a revision.

Managed to stay dry apart from the finest drizzle that is barely noticeable. Hip a little tender: suspect it is because I did a little more stretching yesterday. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chicksta - my GP is very supportive and wants the scan done, it is the powers that be above him that may say no and I won't get to argue with them. It went cold here yesterday - feels like 3C when I ran this morning according to the Met Office.

Sorry to hear that your hip is more tender today Alehouse, hopefully it will resolve overnight.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - great photo
    Hazel - that's a solid 5k time, I'd take that these days. 
    Ale/LMH - thanks for comments re training. Just aiming to keep up the 2-3 sessions a week of "effort" although I'm acutely aware the speed is lacking. Certainly the speed endurance. Hills I can cope with on my own, its the 800-1mile reps that are hard work.

What - just over 5 (45minutes) easy recovery on trails
    Why - easy recovery on trails
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yep

• Dustin - is there no one local enough to you that you could meet up with to run reps?
  • Exactly what I was going to post, LMH/Dustin!
  • Great 5k time Hazel, well done

Hope you feel OK after your run LMH

Nice sky OH, has the shepherds warning come true yet?

Wabo - I wonder if you were having the same problem on your PC that I kept having on my phone

Dustin - I quite like 800m repeats, though I haven't been doing any interval work at all recently

Hope the hip has eased Ale 

I did 10k earlier, planning to meet my wife at the boys' pick up time at school, but got my timings wrong and had to run faster and faster to make it on time. Did another 1.5 miles home after that too. Mostly dry