Sat 21st Nov 2020 - Hey Ho, let's go

Hey, ho, let's go
They're forming in straight line
They're going through a tight wind

Yesterday's lyrics were Love Is All Around, by The Troggs, or Wet Wet Wet (I think I've heard at least one other version)

Probably just an easy 5k or so today. I can feel the recent increase in miles in my legs over the last few days. Currently at 25 this week, so maybe a half tomorrow. Then an easy week, and I've got a massage booked for Monday.

Miserable here this morning, I've got the fire going already

Hope everyone's weekend is starting well

Comments

• Morning.

Jealous of your fire chamolk - and appreciative of all the thread starts, thank you. Typically (with it being a non run day for me) we are forecast a slightly warmer, dry day). I like your multitasking yesterday. 

Just a long walk with Lola for me. Knee doesn't feel too bad but I'm not ready to try three days in a row especially as I'd like to run a little longer tomorrow.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • No problem - after my last night shift about ten days ago, I've switched my sleeping to early rising and early to bed - it's nice to have peace for an hour or two to read, have some tea and listen to the radio, before the boys start getting up around 6. That said, 03:50 was getting a bit too early

Glad the knee is feeling OK after two days in a row. Enjoy your walk
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    I'm sure I must know these lyrics
    Lmh glad knee is ok
    Chamolk I'm at similar miles this week

What off to do faux park run 
    Why it's Saturday, well see others  but run solo
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am equal to last Novembers total miles today... 
    Had a great run this morning, faux park run, which ended up being a progressive run long warm and cool down
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH as far as we know the purchase  might still go through.  It is a tricky thing though, the money awarded is not theirs but Giselle's so it has to go to the court of protection for approval to buy. Hence why they may rent for a while to g et out of the flat until hopefully this house goes through
  • I hope it all gets sorted quickly Wabo.

How often do you work nights chamolk?

Unfortunately my early optimism was unfounded and my knee was not at all comfortable by the time I took Lola out which meant that my hip soon joined in but it was lovely out and we still did a long walk.

Where is everyone this morning?
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sounds like a good run, Wabo. Court of Protection are helpful...but slow!

Pain about your hips joining in, LMH

What: easy off road d&d. Dry but now raining.

Why: two sore hips....which is actually better than one!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon - almost, was busy doing Saturday morning chores.  All done now - I think.

Sounds like a good plan chamolk.  Fire would be nice - my wood burner is still pretty much clean from the end of last season and if I put it on I would have to clean it again before moving and I don't think it is worth the hassle.  Early start sounds nice. 

Well done on the extended faux park run Wabo.  You are doing well on your mileage.  Fingers crossed for the house rental / purchase for your son/DIL.

Glad you had a nice walk in decent weather LMH.

At least you won't be lop-sided then Ale.

Solo speedwork is tough Dustin - all too easy to duck out of it. 

Quite a bit colder here now as well chicksta - first frost this year and -1.5 this morning.  Hope the leaves are nice and crispy now for a good shuffle around.

What: some sort of a run in a couple of hours, probably around 6 miles - might take OH with me and plod a few hills
    Why: no Saturday training today - trainer had a sore back
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Not been out the door yet
    Strong gale force winds, thunder and lightning and heavy hail showers.
    certainly no swimming today, perhaps short cathartic run after lunch
    Cut some wood for a double “creepie”
    lyrics no
    ... and have laid fire 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh is cutting wood today oh, building a fence for the front. Bless him he's working hard! 
    Hazel have a nice run!
    Lmh blooming knee!!! Glad you had a lovely walk in spite of it
    Alehouse what a nuisance hips can be, mine do twinge at times, mainly when I'm not moving
  • 4 miles done, windy but mostly ok, although nasty hail shower in last 2 minutes
  • I've been making "fences" too ...
    ... and "sledges"!

:D 
  • Nice workshop, OH :+1: were you a carpenter in a former life?

Ale: not sure if 2 sore hips is better than one ...

LMH: and boo to your hip joining in as well.

Did you convince your other half to run with you, Hazel?

Unnecessary admin hassle, Wabo... I think they've gone through enough. 🙏

Another yes to lyrics, chamolk. Miserable here too. Cutback sounds reasonable.

30 min run/walk in the wind and drizzle. Really nasty :(. Maybe I'm brave and do another one tomorrow. That would be the first consecutive run since the op.
  • Afternoon...or could even be evening given how dark it is. 

You won't know until you try, Chick!

The reason that I am happy with two sore hips rather than one is it is less likely to be related to one hip being drilled into! I think it is either a reaction to stretching or to the slight increase in running. 

Foul here as well; walked to buy a paper during a dry spell...and got soaked on the way back. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Could it be related to running on uneven ground Alehouse.

In this case I’d say go for it 

Did you do a lot of woodwork prior to the current situation OH? I remember you baking but not a lot of carpentry.

My hip issue is because my knee is bad. Really hoping I can run comfortably tomorrow.
  • Hard to tell, LMH: ran on road yesterday and things were worse! Hope you are good to run tomorrow. 
    Got 10% off at peteblandsports.co.uk with NOV10 plus free postage for a pair of ASICS DS trainers, my go to shoe. Offer includes sale prices. They don't stock Adidas though.