Sun 22nd Nov 20 - work it, make it, do it, makes us

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Training
Lyrics - Work it, make it, do it, makes us

Yesterday's were The Ramones, Blitzkrieg Bop

Did 5k very easy yesterday morning, so planning a long run this morning. Might try and get off road again

Ale - I like the DS trainer too, though I tend to use them mostly for my faster work (nimbus for my easy running)

Think you'll go out again today Chick?

That's a pretty decent looking set up there OH. No idea what a creepie is though

Good work on the miles Wabo. 

I know what you mean Hazel, they're a pain to clean

LMH - I had been doing 8 night shifts a month, but I have just dropped it to 6, as I was struggling to fit all my other jobs in - my minor surgery clinics have just restarted too. I dont mind the nights, I just find out tougher to get back to normal afterwards than I did 10-15 years ago

Comments

• Morning.

You work too hard chamolk! I hope that dropping a couple of nights a month helps. Enjoy your LSR.

Alehouse - the DS Trainer were cheap on either Sportsshoes or Start Fitness (can't remember which, sorry) as one of their Black Friday deals but I'm sure you've been keeping an eye on those. I haven't worn anything other than my Bostons for years and don't really think I should be stockpiling trainers at the moment. Hope your hips feel better today.

We are forecast a cold but bright and dry day. Should be good for a run if my knee will allow.

What:           hopefully a longer run
    Why:            I've not given up yet
    Last hard:    knowing I've got to get through the painful bit
    Last rest:     21/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yes, been keeping an eye on various sites for shoes etc.

What: a run of some description

Why: running to feel
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Better weather in the UK today?  Sounded nasty yesterday.

Also like your workshop OH.  Hmm - could you make me a medal hanger?  I was waving a few bits of wood around in the DIY store recently but have postponed that for now.

Good luck with the run today if you go out chicksta.  No OH - he went for a walk instead.

Read good things about DS trainers Ale but never tried them.  

Hope your changed work plans suit you better chamolk.  

Good luck with the longer run LMH.  

What: some sort of MLR planned - nothing too long or with concrete pace expectations, will make it up as I go along I think.
    Why: few fairly unstructured off-plan weeks ahead before I look for one to do again.  
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Did a very pleasant half marathon this morning, around those hills I was on during the week, so about 1700 ft of climbing again. Went up with a friend, so took it nice and slow. Got to see the sun rise over the hills which was nice, but then found a few patches were really icy. but they'd melted by the second lap. 

LMH - I agree, but it wasn't really the plan. Its all the covid work on top of my normal stuff, but that won't last forever, hopefully
  • Let's hope not chamolk - though it feels like the never ending story at the minute. Your run sounds good for the soul as well as the legs.

It's brighter here today Hazel, feels so much nicer than the grey days even though it's colder. Hope you had a good run.

My run was enjoyable once I'd got past the painful part. I guess that's why I keep getting myself out of the door.
  • Afternoon!

Sounds like a great run, Chamolk!

And glad you enjoyed yours, LMH!

What: about half an hour easy

Why: whilst I was vaguely aware of the sore hips things weren't too bad and felt bouncy when I got going, but wasn't going to push my luck!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sensible Alehouse.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon all,

hope all are well, I am ok and bordering on the up side, as back at work and enjoying it and passed my competence assessment, so all is good, the only cloud lingering is whether or not I am allowed to work after my infusions in December if lockdown continues.

Got a walking 5k pb earlier in the week with the poles (46:14), so thought I would share my 10k PB race report from Eastleigh 10k in March 2009, so here goes,

A year ago (2008) at 14st plus I did this in 41:04, in a fit good state.

Today (2009), at just under 12 st in a very fit and heathy state, destroyed that time and my PB in the process by 53 secs.

I knew I was running well, but have shouted it from the rooftops as wanted to really see what I am capable of with out pressure of expectation.

The conditions were perfect for today and a large field of 2000 too. So to the off (after nearly forgetting my chip timer)..doh

1k - 3:48 and feeling good, too many people around though
    2k - 3:48 happy with this, still very busy
    3k - 3:53 get boxed in several times on the inside, bad move, move to outside
    4k - 3:57 and hill time, not much so work hard and push
    5k - 3:40 and down hill, mmmmmm lovely 19:08 5k and inside a PB
    6k - 3:41 flat and the foot goes down and start to overtake like mad
    7k - 3:42 as 6th k
    8k - 3:44 catch a large group and push on, know PB is in the bag, aiming for sub 38 now...
    9k - 3:41 there is still power in the tank, so it gets used and push on and on
    10k - 3:33 no head wind so really open it up, take plenty on the finish approach, get caught once and finish

2nd home for club (Andover AC)

37:32 Chip time a PB of 53 secs and feel there is still more to come.

so 3:32 better than last year, am I happy, UNDER STATEMENT OF THE YEAR (2009)

Happy memories,

Take care
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - sounds a cracking run today
    OH - loving the carpentry skills
    Ale - pleased that the hips allowed you to play today
    Ale/LMH - Yes I could meet with one other which would be preferred. However when wfh - I'd rather do them during the day - work permitting - so it has been largely spontaneous when I go out.  
    As usual, getting out the door is the harder part....

Didn't post yesterday which is annoying as they were cracking lyrics...Not so sure of today's
    Yesterday was the third hill set of the week. #1 offspring had a sprint/hill set to do, so accompanied her to the country park. 
    She did 5 x short hills sprints, 5 x 200m hill efforts
    I did 8 x 600 hill loops, which is basically up & down (plus a bit further) of her 200m loop.
    We both finished with 2x1500 on a double hill "figure of 8" loop. Hers was more endurance, mine was a bit quicker but tbh I was feeling it by then....

Today - 13.5 miles of swampy, boggy, hilly trails. 
    Why - insanity
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - this week

Having an easier week this week, or less hills anyway!
    Legs absolutely shattered after today.
    In brighter news, my club is putting on a members only 3k XC race in two weeks (we hope..)

• I know what you mean about getting out when you can rather than by arrangement Dustin. Not surprised you are planning less hills this week.

Glad you are enjoying the new job RFJ. I didn’t think shielding was happening this time round?
  • Swam (got hailed on)
    Ran (got hailed on)
    Why? Why indeed!
    Lyrics no
  • Great report, RFJ. That's a cracking 10k PB 💪 and glad you passed your work assessment. Good job on the walking PB.

That's a tough day finishing off a tough week, Dustin.

As long as the pain subsides after a while it should be OK to stick with it, LMH.

Nights would kill me, chamolk. I know what you're saying about minding them more as you get older. I'm like that with getting up early. It's beyond me how I could get up at 4 every day 15 years ago. Impressive HM today :+1:

Sounds nasty, OH.

Will you do another P&L plan, Hazel?

Cold and windy here, but a sunny afternoon. And yes, I did another 30 mins today. Roughly half of it was running.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH - its a company thing more than government guidelines