Sub 3h15

Comments

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    2551 is my record Gul from 2018. I was bit down on that last year but my swim and run total was above.
    That's a good total Jools. Is it the lack of racing that's holding your form back?
  • I think it's having been injured regularly for the last 3 years so my aerobic base is pants which makes it hard to get faster. Hopefully I really have turned a corner now and can build on this in 2021.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you swim Jools and I know you have job pressures, but it's the best thing I've found to give you the aerobic base without killing your legs 👍
  • I swim in the sense I don't drown, but I hate it and my nearest pool's hours aren't great. Mojo went with repeated injury cycles, too!
  • Jools - very green :)
    DT - hat and gloves weather here yesterday too, but much milder this morning.
    OO - yes, you somehow need to factor the swim miles in.
    Jools - really hope those injuries are behind you and you can press on next year.
    12 slow miles today. Total for the year is currently 2321 so thinking of aiming for 2621.875 :)
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Some amazing totals, team. I’ve never hit 2000 miles in 14 years of recording data, Today’s run took me to 1536, my third biggest ever. Should easily hit over 1640 for my second biggest.

Got 11 miles in at lunchtime. Had no plan, first mile was 6.58 so decided to keep them at sub-7. Best was 6.37 and finished with a 6.41 for a 6.52 average.

Pleased with that as I feel a couple of pounds overweight and too scared to get on the scales as I can’t stop eating at the moment, must be a winter hibernation thing?
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Looks like you are settling into a pattern of double digit runs!

Nice work, gdawg.

I sessioned over lunch, 16 x 400m off 30s. It started out as fun, but 30s recovery soon doesn't touch the sides with the last 6 really hurting. Slowest rep as always was the first one at 1.31, fastest was the last one at 1.22 with the rest all sitting at 1.24 and 1.25.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    That's a tough sesh DT, very impressive too.
    Gul I'm only 8 miles behind you on annual total but obviously less ambitious as I expect to land somewhat below 2600, excluding swims. 50 miles per weeks seems reasonable on this quiet period.i'm also watching the hip.
    Any London GFA news folks?
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I think we all had 2019 places that were just deferred over?

Doesn't look like the new gfa process was as harsh as expected. I've not seen anyone rejected but then everyone I've seen has been in by at least 5 mins. 
  • OO and Gul, my record for a single year is 2604 (in 2016). I'm sitting at 2347 right now and will probably fall near your totals. Although I may have a chance to set a new mark. It's been tough to get consistent stretches lately (I'll do 5 or 6 consecutive days of good running but then miss 2 or 3 due to work stuff). My fancy new watch has scolded me the past 3 days for running too far or at all (not getting nearly enough sleep, which it also tracks!). Not sure I like big brother when he tells me something I don't want to hear! But maybe I should pay attention...
  • GD - very tidy lunchtime run.
    DT - great reps off such short recoveries.
    OO - good tally whatever while managing the hip.
    VTr - good to hear from you. That's good going in a mega busy year for you. Take care now and hope you can get a bit more sleep.
    12 miles this morning with 6x1000m. Decided to do them off decreasing recoveries which probably wasn't a good idea. Paces came in at 6:17, 6:08, 6:04, 6:04, 6:07 and 6:12. Recovery distances 0.24, 0.20 0.13, 0.09 and 0.06 miles.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear from you VT and hope all goes well. I've turned off all those alerts on my watch, and usually take it off at night as it annoys me when I'm sleeping. 
    Very impressive Gul.
  • Good ideas on the watch OO. Today I did 11 easy miles and all felt great. Watch told me I lost fitness and was unproductive. Give a guy a break, right?:-)

Nice bombing there Gul!
  • VTr - just switch it off or ignore it!
    11 slow miles this morning.
  • 12 miles this morning with 20 x 400m intervals. On holiday today :)
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Good going Gul you keep cranking them out. I did 10 yesterday with a double day. Part 2 was on grass with 4 miles at 7:20 pace. Helping my daughter to move house tomorrow so today could be another 10 miles effort at a nice gentle pace. Another 50 mile week on the cards.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Nice early mix up, Gul.
    Good luck with the house move, OO. Nice motivation to get a double in as well.

Nipped out for a 4 mile fartlek yesterday for a bit of a shake up. Efforts got longer and ended up with a final mile split of 6.12, my fastest mile split of the year. Average pace for the trip was 6.37.

Treated myself to a pair of Nike Infinity React Flyknits in the Black Friday sale for £62, usually £140. Nice!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Nice reps gul. 

Another decent session out, gdawg. I started running in the reacts in August. Took me a bit of time to settle into them but really like them now for general miles. Yes, there's some great offers in the Nike sale for sure. 

Ticked along last few days. Off out over lunch for a session. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Session went well. First 5k in 19.46 with 6.24, 6.18 and 6.19 and some extra bits.

3 mins rest before next harder 5k. Went off like it was a parkrun and reigned it in as best I could for 5.54, then 6.01 then 6.00 then 5.50 for the scraps for 18.31. My parkrun pb is 18.20 but on a course that has changed now as it was short. On a course measuring 5k my pb is 18.37 so a casual pb on the streets following a steady 5k.

Pleased with that but I must caveat it that at about 1.8m I had to cross a very busy road and got stuck and so stopped my watch whilst waiting and had a little rest. My elapsed time was 18.55, which frankly i'd have been happy with anyway.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    You should be pleased DT that's excellent.
    Good going GD and congrats on the shoes, wish I'd spotted those....

• OO - nice double. Hope the house move goes okay.
    GD - nippy fartlek. And nice bargain in the bag too.
    DT - that's mightily impressive with or without the short stop.
    15 slow miles d&d. Big match for the Linnets today away at Portsmouth. The only time they reached the third round was 59 years ago! 
  • 6 miles for me this morning and 6 goals for Portsmouth LOL. Not unexpected. 80 for the week and brings up the first 300 mile month since Feb.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Nice going, Gul. My biggest month is 230 ish so beats that hands down. 

I saw the scoreline, such a shame. 

Easy 15 this morning, very enjoyable plodding along with 7.49 average. I'm on 198 with 5 or 6 planned tomorrow. It'll be my highest ever November in any event but nice to bank my first 200m plus month since January. 
  • 18 for me and 233 for the month. I've got circuits first thing tomorrow and a hearing late afternoon so can't see a run happening. Still on track to break 2,500.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    A very laboured 17 today. I'll finish the month on 215. Managed the move without putting my back out more importantly 🤞
  • DT - that's a fair plodding pace. Good miles for the month.
    Jools - a few more long runs and 2,500 will be in sight.
    OO - glad to hear the move went okay and you were able to get a decent run in.
    12 miles this morning. 11 progressive (last one 6:26)  and 1 warm-down. Makes 313 for November.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Fantastic totals, team. Just 159 here but that's my biggest ever November by some distance (45 miles).

Hit the roads on Saturday for the LSR on Saturday. 15 miles at 7.50 pace which was quicker than expected.
    A 5 mile recovery yesterday brought 41 for the week.

Just 80 miles to do in December to do my second biggest ever annual total. A weird year with not a single race but despite some challenges, happy to keep ticking over each week.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Well done GD and fab pace on that long session 👍
    Massive miles Gul. After a recount and today's run, I'm actually 228 for the month. We checked out the old railway path in Keswick this morning, which has just opened 5 years after the floods of 2015 took out several bridges. The new tarmac path will make a fantastic parkrun route when we get back to business 👍
  • GD - nice MLR at a decent pace.
    OO - was that 5 years ago now?! Is the new path flat? Good miles for Nov.
    9 mile recovery run this morning.
  • 6 for me. My new Garmin agrees with the old one about the distance.

I remember going for a run in Keswick a few years ago whilst on holiday and running on that path, OO. The bit I couldn't get to looked nice! Great to hear it's back in service.