Tuesday 22nd December 2020 - They said there'll be snow at Christmas

Morning.

Lyrics - They said there'll be snow at Christmas

That sounds like a lovely way to end your run OH and Els. Unfortunately gluten free shortbread is another thing that's rather more difficult and not quite the same as the normal one. My baking mojo seems to have gone awol too - most unlike me.

Do you have much time off over xmas chicksta?

We had more rain overnight so I'm not sure where I will run but I intend to get out and then I guess the day will mostly consist of more online learning before my jab this afternoon.

What:           easy miles
Why:            rehab
Last hard:    fixing my knee
Last rest:     21/12

Yesterday's lyrics - Elf's Lament - Barenaked Ladies.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good morning. Seems I've forgotten to post for a couple of day. Had a bit of a tricky time with Lucas not sleeping again and being generally grumpy (think he's teething and got a cold).

Oh and els looks fun. Shame you couldn't see the conjugation though. Chucking it down here so no chance either.

Running club last night. Made a festive chicken (pic below) followed by hot chocolate, mince pies etc. Charity run for Macmillan, 2 of our members are battling cancer, one terminal.

Just a walk to nursery today, still working and a lot to fit in before Friday.

Wabo take it easy, as long says, if you need sleep then sleep. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Oh good you've got a jab date, I calculated how long it'd take for the whole country to get vaccinated at the current rate... Not a good idea (I know we'll start seeing some effects sooner etc).

Ale that cake looks lovely, I didn't know that about your mum, will be coming to you for advice now!

Lmh glad your icing was easier than you thought. How many hours into training are you now?

Have a great day all

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes, I do and I do

Interesting route, Emz!

What: perhaps an hour

Why: didn't do it yesterday

And it might actually stay dry. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Did the van get through the MOT OH?  Like the ho-ho-ho pic yesterday.  Good luck with the vaccine today. 

Yumm to mince pies Els.  Shame you couldn't follow up your run with a coffee.

Thanks for the cake pic Ale - looks lovely.  Have now applied marzipan to mine at least.

Good you are in a low tier Dustin and can do some group training.  Shame about the missed pub meetup and hopefully the outdoor chips didn't get rained on.

Chicksta, I was thinking about getting out my best British english yesterday in the supermarket - wonder if it would make people social distance more?

Regular jab or Covid jab LMH? 

Like the festive chicken emzap.  Sad news regarding your club members. 

What: maybe a mini-group run
    Why: Tuesday, but will check to see if anyone else will be going, if not I will run this afternoon instead
    Last hard: getting the last couple of days of work done before my break - yet again back to twiddling my thumbs and waiting for my colleagues to get their rear ends in gear
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • 1. Contact boiler man again
    2. Hopefully collect MOT'd van
    3. Maybe run
    4. Maybe swim
    5. Physio
    6. Covid Jag
    In chronological order not precedence

Lyrics no

• Hazel...we had mulled apple juice and the mince pies were not long out of oven so still warm.
    Emzap...skim read that as made a chicken pie! An impressive chicken run though.
    Tired after 2 runs yesterday but am meeting F for a short one.Then I really must ice our cake. And stop eating so many mince pies!!
    LMH...no pastry or shortbread for you then....hard times. Peters mum used to make an apple and mincemeat slice with oats .....have a recipe somewhere!
    Third Ch breakdown in as many weeks...currently wearing two fleeces and not relishing putting running gear on!
  • I hope the heating is soon fixed Els and OH. If you can find that recipe it sounds nice Els and I might find my baking mojo somewhere. I'm not surprised you're tired!

Hazel - just my regular B12 jab.

Sorry to hear that Lucas isn't sleeping again emzap. Hard to tell how far through I am - not very is what it feels like.

Dry here today alehouse but tomorrow looks very wet.

Hope the van went through ok OH.
  • Going for a run might actually help with the CH issue Els.  The student house i lived in for a year in Newcastle was freezing - so was running on the Town Moor at times but it did help to warm me up enough to sit and study again.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Is it at least interesting lmh?

Fingers crossed the van passed!

Cold out for nursery walk
  • Afternoon!

Hope the heating is soon sorted, Els/OH!

I, also, have run on Town MoorHazel: never been so cold! Ice and snow. 

What: just over an hour, including some "quicker" bits

Why: need to get back to doing some quicker stuff, and fartlek is the first step. Felt as if I was way behind compared to when I did something similar in the summer before I started what turned out to be just nine weeks of quicker stuff before my biopsy put paid to that. A few more sessions like today are needed. And tomorrow will be a short and gentle recovery run.

Hope Wabo is feeling a little better. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Not yet emzap - I'm ploughing my way through statutory and mandatory training - health and safety, fire safety, infection control, conflict management, equality and diversity, prevention of radicalisation etc etc.

Did you find some company for tonight's run Hazel?
  • Is it via Learn pro LMH - I hate that stuff, so badly designed! I really hope you won't radicalise anyone while vaccinating them!!
    Busy morning, ran with F and Peter, F managed to persuade me to go to tough yoga session which was enjoyable actually but my legs were too jelly like to run home after!
    Cake iced and red thai curry paste made for dinner so easy cooking. Mislaid Christmas cake frill, probably less hassle to buy another than find it and I need eggs anyhow. No sign of boiler man - who is doing us a favour if he comes today anyhow - so far.
    Recipe for Apple Oatie, just add a generous amount mincemeat to the apple filling. Recipe from Peter's mum.
    For a 6by 8" tin, I usually make 1.5 quantity and use a bigger one.
    Melt 4oz butter, add 3oz sugar and 8oz rolled oats. Place half in base of tin.
    Cook 2 large cooking apples for a few mins with a little lemon juice, add mince meat, spread over oats and top with other half of mixture.Press down on top and bake at Gas 3 for about 50 min until golden. Cut in squares while warm. Can be a hot pud or cold treat.

Might have to make some now!
    Nice running folks.
  • I presume that was Els posting in disguise! Thanks for the recipe! Cooking apples added to shopping list!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I presume so, I assume oh always runs with Peter... That oaty Apple thing sounds tasty except for the mincemeat, hate that!

Lmh that sounds intensely dull!
  • Sorry that was me having an identity crisis!

• The mincemeat is optional Emz!

• It's e-lfh Els. read through all of this and then pass a multi guess exam at the end of each module. Thanks for the recipe.

I thought you said you had too many baked goods already alehouse!

What don't you like about mincemeat emzap? It is mostly dull and lots of stuff I've done before elsewhere but I'm not confident enough to skip straight to the assessment. I'm not sure of the relevance of baby resuscitation and paediatric resuscitation (yes, there's one of each along with the adult one). Only managed the one module today, my brain just isn't working.
  • Less professional than Ales!
  • Rainbows: which mean sun and showers.
    5 mile run. Collected van with MOT certificate. Swam around wreck. Been to physio. Heating engineer been but CH not fixed yet.
    Have volunteered for Covid vaccinator but no enthralled with thought of doing 20h training to do something I've done for the last 30 odd years.

• That looks good Els.

Good news on the MOT, not so much the central heating OH. Will they make you do all the training?
  • Administrators are all on holiday until after new year so won't hear anything until then plus won't be covered until end of January.
  • They don't seem at all concerned about my medical conditions OH but as I'll be in full PPE, patients should have masks on and the interaction will be a couple of minutes I don't feel it's too risky.
  • Vaccinator not in full PPE today, just face mask as was I.
  • And 10 minute interaction.