Thursday 24th December 2020 Jack Frost nipping at your nose

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir

Lyrics inspired by Els and OH and lack of heat!
Second and third lines.

Yesterday's were Pete Seeger with Little Boxes.

What: probably short and easy

Why: run to feel
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning ale

On a lyrics streak, 2 days in a row!

Off later for now traditional Christmas Eve run.  Reminds me, need to find my Santa hat

What: just over 5km
    Why: route is 5km but have to get to the start
    Last hard: less than optimal sleep this week

Oh and els, you need to layer up, you must be freezing up there. I'm guessing he won't be able to come before Christmas now? I remember last year when our heating broke, Lucas' room was 12C! Our friends were all worrying about their children's rooms being under 20 😂

Last day of work today then back on 4th Jan.

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning..

Shudder to 12 degrees - nice cuddle in front of the fire? ;) Nice pics OH, what is the spiky ball nesting in your collar?

Have a nice run emzap, hope you found your hat in the meantime.

Enjoy the baking today Ale.

Glad the stollen turned out well LMH. Windy and warm here but potentially white Christmas tomorrow, will be cold enough. Have also had a few unexpected chats out and about, glad myself of a bit of contact.

Have a nice Christmas Eve all, hopefully no last minute stress.

What: 10kish?
    Why: want to grab another 200m month so need to keep moving. Will be slow though in the wind. Some impressive gusts.
    Last hard: feeling festive
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Thanks for lyrics Ale!
    9 degrees in kitchen when we got up....boiler repair man is doing his best but hasn't come up with a solution yet. Makes you lazy as nicer to stay by the fire than go and do stuff. 
    Enjoy your Christmas Eve runs.
    Off to get a bit more more milk and cheese then run with friend make cranberry sauce and meet up with work colleague briefly to give her a gift.
    Completely forgot about making bread yesterday....oops!
    Glad you are getting better wabo....tough to have any energy in evenings after bein g unwell.
    Brrrr.....was a light sprinkling of snow last night but gone now.
  • Nice active day Els. 

My modest contribution to the daily baking thread.. 

Problem with roll-on icing is getting things attached to the top - the holly bits have spikes but the wee man doesn't - he is too tall for my cake carrying thingy so has to come off for storage anyway.

Think that is only the second traditional cake I've made.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Looks lovely hazel.

Just over 7km in the end. Very icy in places and one bit about 3 inches blow my knees with water! Did find my hat so kept warm!

Just had a long bath to thaw out as my feet were pretty chilly after their icebath!
  • Nice looking cake Hazel! I don't think I do festive.

Hope heating man can fix it for you Els.

Lots of flooding here too emzap but no ice fortunately. Hope Lucas allows you to sleep tonight. 

Hope you enjoyed your run alehouse.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           I want to run on Xmas day and Boxing Day too
    Last hard:   finding some enthusiasm for Xmas
    Last rest:    23/12

Lyrics - probably but I can't name them. Should have got yesterday's too.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon, just!

Not run yet, apart from to the bakery for 7! Freezing: quite a queue at that time and didn't get served until 7:35.
    Then rest of the morning largely in the kitchen, plus moving furniture and tidying.  More Stollen, mince pies and Florentines baked. Gave quite a few away as presents so was running low. Early lunch prior to running in about an hour.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Merry Christmas, guys. 🎄🎅☃️ Germans do their big feeding frenzy and pressie extravaganza tonight.

Sorry for being a bit AWOL but my workload went through the roof and I'm so exhausted that I haven't run since Monday. Off until the 29th so that's good.

Oh boy, els and OH - a broken central heating isn't what you want for Christmas.

Lovely cake pics, all.

Did the posh accent work in the supermarket, Hazel? Not sure Germans would get it...

Loved the chicken run, em and I hope Lucas calms down.
  • 4 miles run. Cold.
    No swim again today.
    Heating still broke.
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics no

The blue ball on my neck is just a (muscle rehab) spiky ball masquerading as a Covid19 virus in a jibe at the antivaxxers.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH feeling your struggles with the heating. Is it possible to wear all the jumpers you own at the same time? A festive challenge for you!
    Hazel - cake looks good & more bakery skills from Ale
    What - club Christmas Eve run - smaller groups of 5 or 6 to keep social distancing
    Why - traditional run
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yep

Technically still working but been very quiet all day, so that's me done until, erm, Tuesday...
    Also as expected we're into tier 4 from 00.01 on Boxing Day, so bang goes the group training booked for this weekend.

Bit muddy out there this morning, at least I wasn't the one to fall over. 
    I'm on the far right

• Afternoon!

Beats my mud, Dustin! Just liquid here, mainly. 

OH: I would wager that you do know the lyrics, and in fact may well be singing them whilst you sit in front of your open fire!

What: 25 minutes

Why: to turn the legs over. The river banks and nearby were the busiest I have ever seen, many of whom were in large groups and not socially distancing. Obviously ok as we are in tier 3 and it is outside and it is Christmas. 

Enjoy the festivities, Chick and anyone else celebrating this evening. 

• Nice cake Hazel!
    Shopping rather pointless as cheese shop wasn't open and last min pressie wasn't in stock. Ah well.
    A little bit of white stuff here and there and a lovely 6.3 m with F.
    Then made chestnut stuffing and cranberry sauce and had a lovely catch up with the office staff from work....hadn't seen some since retiring! Wasn't entirely sure if I was allowed in!
    Late lunch and FS husband turned up with a bag of logs which are giving a lovely heat in the fire and indeed also nice that they did that....we have plenty coal but v nice.
    Now need motivation to leave fire! Got to start a sourdough loaf as I forgot ! yesterday!
    Have a good Christmas Eve all.
    Don't know the lyrics but like the sentiments. Btw Peter is alseep in front of fire as I type!!!!
  • Enjoy your celebrations tonight chick and some time to relax I hope!
  • OK I do know the lyrics although I tend to avoid much of this. May get round to some roasting ...
  • Hope you can enjoy your break chicksta.

A shame about your group runs Dustin - looks as though you made the most of today though.

I didn't realise you'd retired Els - thought you'd had your jab as a frontline health care worker - you're far too young to have had it in England otherwise! Nice friends with the logs - enjoy the fire. You've reminded me, I need to bake soda bread in the morning to take to MiL's to go with dinner.

Hope you get the heating fixed so you can swim again soon OH.

There has been lots of that going on here too alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy Christmas all
    Nice cakes! 
    Nice photos
    I've decided not to run till Jan first but will walk more between now and then.
    Keep safe and well all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Don't set a date Wabo - don't run until you feel you're recovered and won't set yourself back.
  • LMH...I did....retirement was meant to lead into some regular locum work but allow me to have a holiday and attend daughter's wedding but ended up happening 2 days before march lockdown. I did some work when we had hospital cases rise here but then all settled. Then was ill with follow on procedures post recovery. Buy it may happen yet! TMI probably!
    Bit warmer here tonight! Have a good evening all.