Sat 26th Dec 20 - who's got a beard that's long and white?

Who's got a beard that's long and white? Santa's got a beard that's long and white.

5k yesterday, but managed it in 20:40, despite hitting some ice and needing to change direction.

Lovely day yesterday, boys had great fun, but it was pretty exhausting. 

Just home from a night shift - first of 7 in a row unfortunately. I'll try to check in again later, as I'm half asleep already

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no. 

That all does sound exhausting, Chamolk!

What: probably just a short run

Why: feeling a bit exhausted too!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Sleep well chamolk. I'm glad a good day was had - probably not the best prep for a night shift though :-)

Surely you know these lyrics alehouse? I hope your exhaustion had a nice cause too?

Just back from a long walk with Lola as my knee and hip were aching last night so running again today really didn't seem sensible unfortunately. I'm hoping that everything will feel better tomorrow and that the storm will have gone through early and not caused too much flooding. Just having a minute before starting to cook the roast turkey dinner for Mark and MiL.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Possibly rest day
    Weather dreich - windy cold and sleet rain.
    Sounds hard going Chamolk - I don't miss that aspect.
  • Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day yesterday.

OH: Brrr, those pics make me shiver. I just don't get how people manage to swim in freezing cold water without dying of hypothermia ;)

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains, LMH. Hope the turkey 🦃 turns out well.

Wow, chamolk. That sounds super stressful. Nice quick 5k. Well done.

I ran 6k this morning. First time since Monday that I felt up to running again. I slept loads in the last few days - seems like I managed to sleep away the work stress, so all good.
  • Actually a fallacy that people die of hypothermia in deep cold water - swimming becomes incoordinated (even in professional swimmers) and drowning occurs before true hypothermia.
    Had intended swimming this morning but a last minute hitch meant, perhaps fortunately, that I didn't.
  • Were there any chocolate decoration son the tree yesterday OH? I hope you and Els are managing to keep warm and make the most of this strange xmas.

Good that you feel less stressed and have been able to catch up on some sleep chicksta. One of my presents was some lavender pillow spray which I'm hoping will help.

Cooking a roast is really only stressful because I'll be the only one that isn't ill if I get it wrong. That and the timing of course but things can always be kept warm.
  • Afternoon(ish)

That is tough chamolk. Hope you've had a nice snooze in the meantime. Good 5k!

Still digesting yesterday's dinner Ale?

Good luck with the dinner LMH. Also with the weather.

Doesn't sound like swimming conditions OH. Nice pics from yesterday's outing.

Good news on the sleep Chicksta.

Glad you had an ideal day yesterday Dustin.

Have a nice boxing day all.

What: a few miles with some hill efforts and strides
    Why: what I feel like
    Last rest 30.03.
    Lyrics: no
  • Afternoon!

Not sure why I am tired. Possibly due to lack of sleep!

What: just ran for 20 minutes

Why: legs wouldn't work. Ankles very stiff. Probably due to too much time in the kitchen over the last few days...and lack of stretching.

Re lyrics: I know a poem with the same first line, but second differs, so no.

Everyone seems to have made the most of things yesterday. 

Hope Wabo continues to improve.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chamolk...hope kids allow you a sleep..how old are they?
    LMH..glad the turkey cooking is done and we can have a leftovers meal tonight. Even ended up baking a loaf of sourdough last night as had forgotten to start it on23 rd so was a day behind!
    Wideford hill with Peter yesterday and lower level run on my own this morning in storm Bella after bit of a Shirley start to the day. Think rest of the day may be fireside as pretty cold wet and windy out ....one set of wet clothes seems enough.
    Had an evening walk round harbour last night to see the boats all lit up....so quiet....usually lots of folk still out Ba supporting at that time!
    Hazel that's v dedicated!
    Ale post cooking fatigue?
    Chick enjoy the rest.
  • Shakey not Shirley whoever she is!!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Busy day chamolk, tasty 5k though!
    what - warm up, few MP miles, then 5x long hill reps (each 650m up, steady back), couple more MP miles, cool down. 11.7 miles all in. 
    why - long hill reps on an empty road
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was
    lyric - think so 
  • Glad your day improved Els.

Meal went well thanks Hazel. Have you managed to enjoy some down time?

Nice running as usual Dustin.