Sun 27th Dec 20 - mother phoned up last night

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Training
Lyrics - mother phoned up last night, she was going spare. She was in a temper, pulling out her hair. 

Yesterday's were Must be Santa. I think it's an old song, but I know the Bob Dylan version.

Els - the boys are 4, 6 and 7 - first year that they've all been properly excited about Christmas, so it's been great.
OH - do you mean the work pattern? I cant complain I suppose, it's all my choice to do them

I agree with Hazel - those swimming pics looked cold. 

Didn't make it out for a run yesterday. Slept fairly well, but was still a bit too tired, so I've just decided this is an easy week. I finish work at 07:30, but I've got my covid vaccine about 09:30, so might see if u can manage a wee run before it

Comments

• Morning.

Good to hear that the boys enjoyed Christmas chamolk. Sensible about the easy week. Just keep yourself well, there will be lots of time for more miles when things improve.

A bad night here trying to sleep through the storm. Rain is forecast to go through soon and it shouldn't be too bad out but I expect we'll have had more flooding so finding somewhere to run could be a bit of an issue. I'll have a better idea when we've walked Lola.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            I'm wondering that a lot lately
    Last hard:    running through the pain still - it's been months
    Last rest:     26/12

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk keep well and rested! 
    Lmh enjoy your easy miles

What I just don't know glands are up in neck and throat aches
    Why post covid who knows
    Last hard yesterday feeling cr*p
    Last rest Yesterday
    I'm not even walking now. But I think I do need fresh air today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Not a good night here either.

What: hopefully half an hour or so

Why: see how the legs feel. Must stretch first. And likely to get wet and blown about!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that you still feel so rough Wabo. Take it easy and listen to your body. Maybe a short walk with a convenient coffee stop so that you can have some fresh air without over exerting yourself?

Dry here now alehouse and not too blowy. Very wet underfoot though.

• Morning

Hope everyone is recovering well from the festive days.

Just read about yesterday's bread Elspeth - reminds me I need to bake some too. Shirley start made me smile.

Dustin you are more dedicated than I am.  That will have nicely compensated for the time on the sofa.

Good to hear you are also able to get the vaccine already chamolk. It makes sense considering your job.  

Good news the rain is through LMH - good luck with finding a flood free route.

Good words from LMH Wabo.  

Strettttccchhh Ale hope you can keep yourself firmly on the ground in the wind.

What: some sort of MLR, what exactly depends on whether I can be bothered to scrape the car to go in search of flatter ground - otherwise it will be hilly.
    Why: need to get out of here for some quiet
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Morning again!

Cross post with Wabo earlier: hope you improve through the day. Hope Spurs cheer you up later! For once I was pleased with the Gooners yesterday!

What: just over 40 minutes

Why: felt reasonable once I got going. Not sure what is going on with my ankles and took a while for them to loosen...and I had stretched.

Weather was dry and bright with a chilly breeze: not too bad at all. Have had worse days in summer!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo: hugs coming your way. Hopefully a bit of fresh air will make you feel better, even if it's only a few minutes.

LMH: similar sleep issues here. That storm is crazy and it kept triggering our exterior lights.

Hazel: Enjoy your MLR, hilly or not.

Good to hear your legs are better, ale.

Too windy to run but I braved the nasty weather for a walk followed by some core work.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.
  • Fortunately it went through overnight here chicksta so like alehouse conditions weren't too bad for my run.

What did you decided Hazel? Hope you found the quiet you wanted.
  • V icy on the roads and pavements so went up the hill and along some trails instead...sunny day and lots of folk out!
    Wabo...not so good...take care.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just back from a flooded forest walk, 5.5 miles. I couldn't resist jogging a few times. It's picked me up so much! 
    Els lovely photo
    Alehouse hope your angles are ok. I too was happy with the gooners! 
    Hazel enjoy the mlr
    Lmh it was just right I feel happy to be home, we did sit and have a coffee
    Nice work chicksta
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Me actually jogging! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Els - nice pic
    Chamolk - sounds like a decent Christmas for the kids (and you!)
    Wabo - so pleased yo managed to get out!
    Ale, LMH - both you managed to get decent runs in - given the conditions
    What - relaxed 90 minutes (just over 10 mi)
    Why - recovery run
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    Legs felt a bit battered, so today was just easy, well so I'd hope. Few tress down in the woods, and there was plenty of puddles and soft mud, fields were sodden and more than once I was wishing I had spikes on. At least I missed the foul weather, it was actually bright and mild when I went out (9:30)
  • Beautiful wintry day but cold and icy.
    9 yak traxed miles including Wideford Hill.
    Need to keep warm somehow.

• That looks very seasonal Els and OH - and you both look in very good shape.

So glad to hear that you got out and feel better for it Wabo. I think you probably just need to pace yourself for a while.

That's a fair few miles for a recovery run Dustin. Very wet and muddy anywhere off road here but a few dry, if cold, days forecast so hopefully things will dry up a bit.
  • LMH think it was trick photography....friend of Peters we met up the hill! Was a lovely run though!
    Wabo....that's great that today feelsuch better. Pace yourself though.
    Dustin good running. Only clocked up 9 miles but took a wee while. Kept stopping for chats with folk too though.
    Chamolk....a fun if tiring age! Hope work isn't too busy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely photo els! 
    Dustin nice running
    I'm going to be so sensible but I need fresh air now. Staying home has really brought me down 
  • Take the (honest) compliment Els  :)

Wabo - no harm in getting out for some fresh air and a change of scene just don't push yourself. Do what feels right and if you need to rest do so.

• Well leg lengths here may be a little exaggerated  :lol:
  • Hope you get a bit of umph back soon Wabo, but listen to your body and take your time.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo glad the outing perked you up but please take care

Oh and els lovely pics.

Sorry to all those with disturbed sleep due to the storm.

What: walk into town
    Why: we were going to the playground there for a change of scenery, but realised we'd left hob on halfway there so oh went back to turn it off and by the time he got back to town we didn't have time to continue! Went to park near home and Lucas walked home from there (about 700m!!!)
    Last hard: hearing that both the members of my club we'd run for on Monday have passed away this week. I didn't really know them, but still not nice. Plus a family friend of oh from covid yesterday.
    Lyrics: nope

Need to get my running mojo back, especially with all the eating and drinking over Christmas (and until new year I'm sure!). I don't drink that much but normally only drink at weekends and it's been every day since Wednesday.... Same with eating, try to be healthy in the week.

Chamolk glad you're getting vaccine 1 soon.

Have a lovely evening all. 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Love the pics

I will share a pic too, but of my best Christmas present, from my  Daughter...

These are the selfies of my last 3 runs with Son, Daughter, and Mrs RFJ with the routes..... it just meant so much and so special... I am still struggling with the giving up of running and don't think I have really or fully accepted it yet...., but this helps....

18.2m on the exercise bike today, take care