Mon 28th Dec 20 - OK, just a little pinprick

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Training
Lyrics (inspired by my vaccine yesterday) - OK, just a little pinprick. There'll be no more ahhhhhh, but you might feel a little sick.

Yesterday was The Sideboard Song by Chas & Dave

Only managed about 4 hours sleep yesterday. Did 1 hour steady run in the evening, about 7.5 miles, complete with blizzard for the middle few miles. Work pretty busy tonight, but finally on top of things. 

Glad to hear the run helped Wabo, onward and upward. 

Dustin - agree, that doesn't sound too easy. 

Thats never nice to hear Emz, even if you didn't really know them. 

Lovely pictures RFJ, glad the cycling is going well

Dunno what/if I'll run today, I'll see when I wake up. Might just extend my easy week until the end of the year

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning chamolk. Sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep.

Looks like my run may be postponed at least, there's quite a lot of the white stuff out there ....

See what happens later!
  • Morning.

A lovely gift RFJ. I'm not at all surprised that you're struggling with having to give up the running.

I hope you get some more sleep today chamolk - you did well to run after that. Do you have snow on the ground? I like it when you're on nights and I get to log in of a morning and find the thread started - thank you.

Sorry to hear about the deaths emzap. Even when you're not close you still feel it. I'm reining the eating and drinking in again until Thursday. I think it's good to be more relaxed for a little while but I wouldn't want it to become my norm.

Feeling a bit stir crazy this morning, don't know why today is different but I'm just feeling the lack of things to do/places to go/people to see.

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Great present, RFJ! And I understand the not-running.

What: was hoping to run for close to an hour

Why: longer day...but snow and ice may change plans

Hope that you are ok after yesterday's exertions, Wabo. And I won't mention the match. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Have you got snow alehouse?
  • Yes, a covering of snow, but it is the ice that is the bigger concern, LMH.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Roads are competely clear driving home this morning, no snow or ice. The snow during the run last night just seemed to last the length of my run, then stopped.

Hope you get a chance to get out today Ale and Emz.

You're welcome LMH - I remember you said it was sometimes difficult to keep thinking of lyrics, so I dont mind adding a few. My problem is mostly trying to remember what everyone said the day before, as I can't just look up the page to know who to reply to. I usually end up posting, going to read the previous days posts again, then editing my post up add on whatever I've forgotten.

Surprised you and ale didn't get these lyrics - it's not the first lines, if that helps. 
  • Chamolk, I will be running! It is just when and the what may change! Probably sensible to aim for around 40 minutes and leave the hour for a day or two.
  • Icy again here today - swim location changed.
    Sorry to hear your news emzap
    Lyrics no
    Nice gift RFJ
    Stay safe everyone
  • Fresh snow is lovely for running but ice not alehouse. No sign of snow here.

Enjoy your swim OH.

I guess your boys are probably a little disappointed about the lack of snow chamolk?

Just back from a six mile walk with Lola - the furthest we've taken her and she was still happy and bouncy at the end - after having a quick refuel she has taken herself to bed now though and I don't expect we'll see much of her before afternoon walk time.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I went out!! 5km done, lots of cars stuck.Snow melting quite fast, everyone going bonkers building snowmen but not enough snow so you get snowman standing on grass which always makes me laugh!

Lovely present rfj

Glad Lola enjoyed her long walk lmh. Did it help you feel better too?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - very festive and glad you got out. Really saddened to hear of your club mates passing.
    Chamolk, good skills with a speedy blizzard run
    OH/Els - smashing photos, running envy here
    RFJ - great present. I fully understand the sentiments about losing running. I can't begin to imagine how that feels.
    Ale - hope you get something done and LMH that sounds like a lovely walk!

What - 6.4 miles of trails
    Why - "recovery"
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday, although with the conditions & weather, even these easy ones are not really that easy. Had a frost this morning and light hail flurries. Ground still waterlogged with thick mud everywhere so that almost the whole route involves some kind of effort.
    Got back to half a dozen work queries (UK closed, much of Europe is not) so a few hours of work being done that I'll knock off tomorrow's working day.
    lyric - not sure I do
  • Morning again!

Snow now more or less all gone. Lots of water though. And mud. You appear to have had a fair bit more of the white stuff than here, Emz. Rarely get much in the city these days. 

What: enjoyable 40+ minutes

Why: splashing, slipping, sliding. Busy out there with lots of people having to turn round because of stretches of water. I went through of course. 
  • RFJ...lovely pic but so hard to have to stop running. 
    Nice running and walking in the ice folks.
    V icy pavements made the weekly shop challenging and then a 6m run around outskirts of town taking in a couple of trails. Again icy in places.
    Off to have cafe lunch with another couple....feels almost wrong when only the islands left where this is allowed.
    Stay safe those with ice!
  • Enjoy it whilst you can Els.

Wow emzap - not a hint of snow here though it's cold and very grey. I did feel better for the walk but three online learning modules later I am now bored and restless again.

Make sure you do take the hours off tomorrow Dustin!

Glad you enjoyed your run alehouse. I was tempted but my knee wasn't great on the walk.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks all,

Great lyrics Chamolk, and for once I know them

No snow here in Swindon (Yet)

20m on the exercise bike

Take care
  • That is a wonderful gift, RFJ. Bless your family 🙏 you're doing great with the cross training.

Really sorry to hear about your club mates' deaths, em.

Great snow pics. We're supposed to get some over night.

Totally understand you going a bit stir crazy, LMH. I also wish we could just jump in the car and drive to the sea or the mountains for a change of scenery. Or binge-watch a random Netflix series together with friends... just normal things really 🤷  the laziness of greyhounds never ceases to amaze me. You'd think they want to run all day. Of course I know that's not the case 😉

Chamolk: I'm feeling a bit guilty re. lyrics. I ought to drag my lazy behind out of bed earlier! For some reason the only time I can fall asleep is between 4 and 8am. Nighttime sleep seems evasive.

Glad the walk made you feel better,cwabo. Loved the jogging bits! I know I did a few bouncy steps when my surgical shoe came off and I was allowed to walk as much as I like.

Must be so nice to have lunch with friends, Els. And I totally agree with what LMH wrote yesterday. You guys look in great shape 👍 I can't even remember where I put my Yaktrax! Last time I used them was in 2013. Climate Change has a lot to answer for.

Dustin: hope it's not too much work. I'm back to the grind tomorrow.

Walk with hubby and more core work. Thought about going for a run but my left hamstring has been feeling a bit sore since yesterday so I should probably just leave it.
  • Chick..yup haven't needed the yaktraks for years now. Though I've just been wearing trail shoes. Totally fine on my run but when we had a short walk this afternoon did a spectacular icy skid/fall fortunately uninjured! Enjoyed our lunch and some wave watching after!
  • Yak Trax certainly helped on icy group (2) this evening.
    Fantastic waves and sunset after lunch with friends today.
  • Evening..

Grr - I have just ordered some yaktrax having had a nasty fall this afternoon out running (carefully).  What do we need tailbones for please?  Was considering phoning up the local powers for a rant - either clear the roads properly or leave the snow to compact down - scraping to leave a thin layer of ice on a steep corner with no salt or grit is lethal.  We otherwise have a few inches now and it is likely to stay around for a few days.

Loved the pic as well RFJ.  

Nice pics of you too Els and OH.  Definitely in good shape.

Running in a blizzard doesn't sound too nice chamolk.  Snow in the ears?  Not really any hurry at the moment to get back to more vigorous training I guess.

Sorry to hear about the deaths emzap.  That is a nice bit of snow, by the sky more due.  

Also feeling restless LMH.  Good news that Lola is doing well.  Good thing she isn't a Jack Russell - she would be up half an hour later demanding more action.  

Good work in the mud Dustin.  +1 to the day off tomorrow.

Nice paddling Ale.  Always fun to plough in when others are mincing around the puddles and going ooo... (unless you get cold feet and have a long way to go..).

Hope your return to work isn't too bad Chicksta - sensible to watch that hammie.  

Great to see you getting in a good walk and a wee run Wabo.  

What: 7.x k recovery effort
    Why: decent easy paced MLR yesterday - 14 miles with 400m of ascent.  
    Last hard: the ground!
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics:  no