Tue 29th Dec 20 - we she's show showing it off then

Lyrics - Well, she's show showing it off, then, the glitter in her lovely eyes. 
Show show showing it off, then, and all the people shake their money in time

Yesterday's were Comfortably Numb, by Pink Floyd. Glad someone got it RFJ, I love that song.

Oww Hazel, hope things aren't too sore today. Glad to hear you weren't injured in your fall Els.

Running in the snow was certainly a bit of an experience Hazel. Had to adjust my buff to keep it out of my ear, as it was coming in sideways a lot

Chick - that's miserable about your sleep. I don't think putting some lyrics on here is a good enough reason to drag yourself out of bed at that time if you've only got to sleep at 4 though. I've still got enough songs to keep me going for a while these mornings.

Nice pictures of the snow. You're right though LMH, the boys would love some to be lying here.

Didn't go out running yesterday. Given how much ice we've got this morning, I'll wait and see what is like when I get up before I decide today's plan

Comments

• Morning.

I hope the ice has cleared by the time you get up chamolk.

How do you feel this morning Hazel? No real damage I hope. Lola was surprisingly keen for her afternoon walk.

No point in being anything other than sensible chicksta.

Lovely photos OH.

We are forecast rain/snow this morning and it's cold again. Lola's walk will give me a chance to see what it's like underfoot. Not my favourite time of year for running anyway but the knee is making me even less enthusiastic. I shall keep plugging away and hoping for a pain free run though.

What:          easy miles
    Why:           physio says I should
    Last hard:   getting myself out of the door for a run
    Last rest:    28/12

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope all is ok, Hazel.

What: a run of some description

Why: not sure what I will be able to do as it is snowing heavily. Had hoped to go longer today but that is unlikely to happen.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Snowing and settling here now :-(

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    No snow here
    Hazel hope you're ok
    Lyrics no
    Lmh take care on the snowy easy miles
    Alehouse you too
    What not a run maybe a walk
    Why did 5.5 Sunday, 3.4 yesterday and shins are sore (walking)
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest yesterday
    I nearly put 31/12/16😢
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon.
    Coldest evening in thehouse so far last night...not enjoying it!
    Lovely west coast run this morning with two friends....breezy but thawed out a bit.
    Back in the icebox!
    Hazel...ouch!
    Hope everyone is fine.
  • Fisherman's huts Marwick.
  • Afternoon!

I feel for those without heating!

I delayed going out due to the conditions underfoot. Now thawing in places but still a good couple of inches of the white stuff on the playing fields at the end of my road: these were hard work! Wore my trail shoes for the first time in ages: not sure what help they were. Anyway, just over half an hour banked at a wide range of paces, unintentionally.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Oh gosh, Els - is your heating still broken? Put the fire on full blast. Hope you have enough wood :)

Hazel: Ouch! I hear ya. I wish the same on roads actually. The Nordic countries manage perfectly well with just compacting the snow and are doing away with grit and salt. Much better for the environment too. 

LMH: did the snow stop play for you? 

Definitely smart to wait a bit, chamolk. You don't want to slip on the ice. 

Wabo: Shame your streak came to an abrupt end. Now take your time to get better. 

Ale: varied terrain and paces is a good thing. 

The snow here didn't settle. TBH, it was more sleet anyway. So, 6.5k done. Hamstring still a bit niggly where it attaches to the back of the knee. No idea what brought that on - my usual hamstring pain is further up, i. e. much rather a pain in the proverbial ;)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - hope you're not too bruised today
    LMH - did you get some snowy miles in?
    Els - Sorry to hear about the heating problems, hope that gets resolved asap 
    Ale - thanks for the weather status, I think #2 is heading back up North in the next few days. Sounds like spikes terrain for your run!

What - 10 x 1minute hills (about 0.15miles up, jog back), long w/u and c/d for 7miles in total
    Why - schedule says hills
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was
    Drove a couple of miles to the country park, heaving with dog walkers (again). A rough survey suggests that 50% are adhering to the tier 4 "only meet one other person" guidelines. For the other half, they are either ignoring the rules or there are an awful lot of very large, very mixed households locally. At least they kept out of my way!

• We have heating, as from about an hour ago.
    6.8 breezy coastal miles.
    Snow and ice all gone but wind picked up.
    Last hard: arriving back to a cold house.
    Last rest: Boxing Day
    Lyrics no

• I think Elspeth found Santa Claus! :lol:

• Good news on the heating front, OH/ Els!

Yes, spikes crossed my mind when running today, Dustin!
  • I did get out for a run but wish I hadn't as I slipped and have broken my right humerus. Guess I'll be trying the six weeks of no running cure for my knee. 2020 - the year which keeps on giving.

• Oh no, LMH! 
  • Oh no LMH....head of your humerus? That's a sore one....hope you have good pain relief.
  • Oh dear LMH. Hope they've made you comfy.
  • That's awful LMH, you're having such a bad time, I hope it's not too painful. A colleague of mine broke her humerus recently after coming off her bike. Do you know yet if its going to heal with a support, or you need surgery? 
  • Blimey LMH that is awful I hope you do not need surgery.

No run today too icy and I feel under the weather but ran 6.75 miles yesterday.Weather not good for rest of week I think treadmill will have to come out.......... :(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • ANP who dealt with it in casualty said six weeks in a collar and cuff with a review by virtual (or as she put it virtually useless) fracture clinic. I have codeine, paracetamol and ibuprofen. Can’t believe how painful it is!
  • Oh no LMH....head of your humerus? That's a sore one....hope you have good pain relief.
  • A polysling type support can be more comfortable than just a collar and cuff sling if you can get your hands on one, at least initially.
  • Evening..

Oh no LMH, makes my fall yesterday pretty trivial. Sounds nasty and likely won't help with sleep :/ Hope the pain relief kicks in soon. Are you right handed?

Snow in the ear is annoying chamolk.

Glad the heating is fixed OH and Els. More lovely pics. Looks windy by the waves. What is this sitting down in the middle of a run? :D

It is a shame you lost your streak like that Wabo.

Glad you got out Ale.

Enjoy the lack of snow Chicksta.

Good hill work Dustin.

Treadmill option sounds good WP.

Base of spine sore but only certain movements hurt enough to cause real wincing. Keeping on the move has eased the stiffness a bit.

What: 10.x k tester run
    Why: not exactly sensible but if things aren't falling off then I go out.
    Last hard: falling over
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no