Speed/Race Walking Running Races?

I can run 5/10km using the walk/run methord but pace is slower than walking and hurts compared to walking (hip injury).I cant really do running anymore, hurts to much and doctor say not too, so took up walking and swimming. I can do ruff 8/9 km hour walking. I wanted do more race walking but location i am in there in ruff to no events, i want to work up to the ultra/long distance runs/walks.

I liked doing the running races when i uses to run but also think it would be good training and fun to do and kind of niffty achievement.
Can you speed/race walk running races (5/10k, half, marathons), do they allow it? Is it frowned upon? Will i look stupied?

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    As long as you complete the race in the cut off time I can not see a problem with walking. If you do like walking then try out the LDWA, they allow runners to run but they are a walking group. Lots of walks over 20 miles. 
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">runner27</a> said:</div>
    <div>I can run 5/10km using the walk/run methord but pace is slower than walking and hurts compared to walking (hip injury).I cant really do running anymore, hurts to much and doctor say not too, so took up walking and swimming. I can do ruff 8/9 km hour walking. I wanted do more race walking but location i am in there in ruff to no events, i want to work up to the ultra/long distance runs/walks.

I liked doing the running races when i uses to run but also think it would be good training and fun to do and kind of niffty achievement.

Can you speed/race walk running races (5/10k, half, marathons), do they allow it? Is it frowned upon? Will i look stupied?</div>
    </blockquote>
    I'm a newbie so cant start a thread.
    Hi I'm a newbie and 55 I'm not quite running yet only walks 7 miles usually in 1 hr 45 mins but want to start running I'm a heavy guy who over pronates looking for recommendations for a shoe for asphalt and looking to move up from waljing to running i usually walk at 4mph and want to get advice on how to take the next step up to running.
    <span>Cheers </span>
  • Hi I'm a newbie and 55 I'm not quite running yet only walks 7 miles usually in 1 hr 45 mins but want to start running I'm a heavy guy who over pronates looking for recommendations for a shoe for asphalt and looking to move up from waljing to running i usually walk at 4mph and want to get advice on how to take the next step up to running.
    <span>Cheers </span>
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Weller - get to a good running shop and try on some shoes and choose the pair that feel the most comfortable for you.   Ask for high mileage shoes so they will last, the staff will advise on what type of shoe should suit you.
  • Parkruns are definitely okay with this.