Friday 1st Jan 2021 - Should auld acquaintance be forgot And never brought to mind

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Happy new year

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?

Hoping for a run later. Let's see how much sleep Lucas would like 

Wishing all a better 2021 than 2020, though I'm sure it'll take a while to improve.

Need to think about my 2021 goals, not got that far yet.. 

Hope you all had a new year's to remember. To be fair, with a baby not sure we'd have done much different without covid. At least I won monopoly :joy:

Comments

• Happy New Year.

Hope Lucas let you sleep emzap.

Nice to have a change of scene sometimes Hazel.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning! 

Happy New Year everyone.

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were "So long, farewell" from The Sound of Music

What: probably an easy half hour

Why: longer tomorrow
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Happy new year all
    Alehouse enjoy the easy half hour
    Emzap one way or another I've had a year to remember. A positive I think is that going forward I'll be working from home a couple of days (when we return)
    And you won monopoly 👍🏼
    Lmh hope you're ok
    What one mile
    Why it begins maybe.. 
    Last hard weds
    Last rest yesterday
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!
    Quiet night in with my jigsaw! And Peter who was no help at all!
    How was your night LMH.
    Going up wideford with running friend to show her the way this morning. 
    Lyrics yes for a change.
    Have a good day all.
  • I was reading "Shuggie Bain" by the fire!
    Will run up the hill then hopefully swim later.
    Zoom call with my siblings (6) at 3pm - a bit apprehensive about this ...
    Nice to see you back on the go Wabo but take it steady.
  • Uncomfortable and long with not much sleep Els. I was sick (no codeine taken) which didn't aid my pain levels. Only just felt up to trying to eat something to try taking some ibuprofen. Don't know if I'm coincidentally unwell or what. Enjoy the run with company. What's the picture on your jigsaw?

Hope it goes well OH. We facilitated  a Zoom call between MiL and Mark's brother on Christmas Day which she really appreciated. Mark is going to install it on her laptop when we go up later so that it can happen more regularly - which his brother may not appreciate  :)
  • LMH...that doesn't sound so good!
    Just back from our run....sunshine showers and rainbows but v soggy underfoot! Nice to show someone new to Orkney the route..
  • I was wondering about an Orkney runner who didn't know Wideford Hill Els. Feeling a bit brighter - swelling and bruising is progressing nicely, it's about a third of the down my forearm now!
  • Jigsaw is a Christmas scene in a forest with an awful lot of black sky!
    Runner moved here from Bute during first lockdown so has just been running with others last couple of months
    so not a good time for getting to know folks or new routes! 
  • Afternoon

Sky is hard on a jigsaw Els.  Nice for the new runner to meet up with you. Snow all gone again then?  

Hope the call went well OH.  

Not nice being sick on top of everything else LMH.  I remember having been given something for the stomach when taking stronger painkillers for my knee injury and post operation.  Can't remember what it was though.  I got myself off of the painkillers asap, I guess it depends very much on an indivudual person how much you need though.  

Well done on winning monopoly emzap.  

Take it easy Wabo but if you are feeling up to it - why not?

What: snow shoe around the village with OH so far - short recovery later
    Why: more of the fluffy white stuff (currently around 25cm?)
    Last hard: forgotten how hard snow shoeing is - the snow is actually quite heavy and I don't like it when my feet certainly weigh a lot more
    Last rest: 30.03.2020 (ha - now can add a year on to the date).

Lyrics: yes (what at least but I guess there are plenty of options for who)
  • Oh dear - poor you LMH. Being sick on New Year's Eve! Good you feel a bit better now. Wish we could return to running together but I've gotta leave it for six months rather than six weeks 🤷 Having said that I can at least return to walking as soon as the shoe comes off and perhaps, just perhaps the gyms can reopen so that cross training is possible.

Wild weather, Els!

Nice TT yesterday, Dustin.

Yay for winning monopoly, em ;)

So I kept my promoter of running on New Year's Eve as well as New Year's Day with 4 miles today. Also walked an hour with hubby.

Well 2020 was certainly a weird year but tbh I cannot complain. I still have a job, my loved ones are healthy , we managed to go on holiday in Bavaria twice and had a couple of nice weekends away. My op was a voluntary choice and I knew I'd be grounded for a while.

As for challenges I'm going to run until the 5th and then do a daily strength session like I did in the summer as soon as I'm out of hospital and well enough.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lovely 3km walk in wyre forest this morning then another sub 30 min 5km this afternoon. Don't know where this speed is coming from, but I hope it stays!

Lmh that's horrible, sorry to hear that.
    Lovely pics hazel.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya HNY
    Nice pics Hazel & OH
    LMH - hoping that you feel a little more human this afternoon?
    What - 13.2 miles of trails and lanes
    Why - Asking myself the same thing..
    last rest - last year  :D 
    last hard - yesterday, although this morning was a bit harder than planned.
    Another cold start, and opted for 2 pairs of gloves. Feet cold from the puddles and swamps but hit the tarmac 7 miles in (for ~2 miles) that felt harder going than it should mainly because of the thicker lugs on the shoes...(schoolboy error)
    Eventually defrosted then took down the tree, and reorganized the wardrobe - two large bags for the charity shop and with the upside of finding a brand spanking new pair of Asics at the back of the cupboard! Happy days!

• Nice pictures Hazel :smile:
    Not really wild, Chicksta, actually quite pleasant.
    Swam this afternoon
    Sibling Zoom call went OK and still all speaking to each other.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice to  hear about all the zoom calls. 
    Lmh hope you're improving even more this evening
    Hazel what amazing photos! 
    Els and oh all sounds idyllic. 
    Blimey Dustin a brand new pair of shoes, what a result
    So I went out early and plodded 1.3 miles. All ok.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can