Saturday 2nd January 2021 Hey Control, this is 6-7 here

Morning...and hopefully good night!

Lyrics: Hey Control, this is 6-7 here
I can hear you loud and I can hear you clear

What: 67 minutes, perhaps

Why: would be appropriate although not sure that I will manage it at my age

Back to sleep I hope. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Trouble getting to sleep/staying asleep Ale?

I finished my 7 nights, so my sleep has been a bit erratic overnight - 3 hours, and seemingly so broken that my garmin didn't even realise I was asleep, and says I was moderately stressed most of the time. Hopefully will sleep OK tonight. 

Did about 4 miles yesterday, though its still fairly frozen here. Run today will depend on conditions. I'd like to try a 10k soon to see where I am - just over 4 months until I'm 40, and want to see how much work I have to do to get under 40 mins. 

Lyrics no
  • Morning again!

The trouble is staying asleep, Chamolk! It is harder of course with you working nights. Hope you have a decent run today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Lyrics no
    Enjoy your run however long alehouse
    Chamolk hope you get some good sleep! Enjoy your run
    What potentially 5k
    Why Sacha and I will try but no pressure
    Last hard yesterday 1.3
    Last rest 31/12/20
    That feels familiar
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Sounds good Wabo.

Take care Chamolk, doesn't sound ideal for a time trial. Four months seems a good period of time to get a good chunk of training in.

Sorry to hear of the interrupted night Ale. Good luck with the long run.

What: not sure yet. Would like to do some sort of speedwork but due to snow and ice will be hard to find somewhere. Maybe hill efforts on the cleared roads.
    Why: mix things up a bit
    Last hard: winter
    Last rest: 30.03.2020
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Morning.

Is it a significant day alehouse? Is - Happy Birthday.

That looks beautiful and sounds like quite a workout Hazel. I'm only on ibuprofen ad paracetamol with up to one 30mg codeine a day (allowed up to 8). Hope you can find somewhere to run.

Hope you manage to catch up on some sleep and find somewhere safe to run chamolk. Do you have a few days off now?

Nice de-xmasing Dustin. Hoping Mark will take our decs down today or tomorrow (as that will now have to be his job along with just about everything else).

Glad the zooming went ok OH.

That does sound like a difficult jigsaw Els. Nice that you are taking the newcomer under your wing.

I'm sorry chicksta, I didn't remember that it was six months (though I suspect a return to running in six weeks might be a little optimistic on my part too). Glad you were able to enjoy your New Year runs.

Good that the run didn't set you back Wabo.

Fortunately I did feel better as the morning progressed and managed the day at MiL's and two short Lola walks. Another rubbish night's sleep and my arm is still swelling (half way down my forearm now) but I have managed a trip to Asda (desperately needed some larger sized tops so I can wear them over my arm as I can't put it in a sleeve and can't spend the next few weeks in the one pj top that's large enough!) which was empty at 0715hrs followed by a walk with Mark and Lola. Not sure much else will be happening today.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

• Thinking about a short run (and belatedly putting some bulbs in the ground)
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Afternoon!

Yes, a significant day LMH! Also the day of the annual weigh in: whilst I am a couple of lbs lighter than a year ago, at 10:6 I am significantly higher than 12th September when I noted 9:13. 
    I also remember dressing and finding suitable clothes was a problem when in your present predicament, LMH! It isn't just what to wear on the top half that prevents movements, it is things like putting socks on or pulling trousers up etc!

What: 67 mins on a variety of surfaces, all of which were firm.

Why: significant day!

Hope you found somewhere decent to run, Hazel!

Easy does it Wabo! Hope you are back for the match later! Just been hearing about some naughty Spurs players: not a good example to set. 

Is that some sort of rogues gallery, OH?

Emz: if you are churning out these sub 30 minute 5ks in training you can come and pace me! Seem to be getting slower. Must be my age.

Some stretches done for the second day in a row. 

Edit: just opened presents from my brother (more likely my sister-in-law): chest torch and a book, Pilates for Runners: M75 can have his copy back now!

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Ah, I hadn't picked up on the significance of the length of run. Happy birthday Ale. I hope you celebrate with a good sleep tonight.

Good idea to be cautious of the codeine LMH, I was on 8 a day after my appendicitis and I noticed tolerance to the dose within 2-3 days, and then an some withdrawal symptoms a few days later
  • It sounds as though you're having a good birthday alehouse  :)

I'm not a fan of the stuff chamolk. I should probably try two in the small hours when I can't sleep but I'm a bit reluctant to do so. Have conditions improved enough to allow a run?
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Improving now that the sun is out, hoping to get out shortly
  • AH: Family Zoom meetup yesterday
  • I was trying to be amusing, OH! 

Wabo will be happy: Spurs leading by 3 goals.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am happy
    Also very muddy proper x country run. 2.71 miles was enough
    Lmh oh you do need some big tops, hope you get them
    Nice zoom and jigsaw! My mum loves a jigsaw
    Alehouse what have they done? Not parties???  Happy birthday to you! Nice pressies
    Hazel hope you got a good run in
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Happy birthday Ale!
     Daughter is wearing her partner's clothes currently as can't get cast through any of her sleeves. 
    Lyrics...feel I should know them!
    Wabo...getting there.
    Should have been 9m today...actually 20 with friend who was. Fairly motoring....icy patches bog an mud eventually slowed things to a more reasonable pace. Good morning out as haven't seen her since before Christmas break.
    Might be parked by fire now though have Jan yoga with Adrienne to look forward to as well and a loaf of bread to make later.
    It is also our middle daughter and son in laws birthday Ale!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Afternoon!

Don't know what your daughter and son-in-law think, but as far as I am concerned today is not the best day of the year to have a birthday, Els! Not that it matters much at my age but I was not happy with it when I was young, from what I remember!

Wabo: a good win! And nice and easy with the running please! Wouldn't be surprised if you know the lyrics!
    Link to party: Tottenham 'extremely disappointed' after three players attend party - BBC Sport

Snowing heavily here so glad I got my run in when it was crisp, cold and dry. 
  • Nice running Els. Unfortunately there's just too much of a size discrepancy between Mark and I for his things to be of any use.

Hope you enjoyed yours alehouse.

Great to hear you so much brighter Wabo.

Make the most of it chamolk.
  • Ale daughter hates it son in law doesn't mind! She was due on Christmas Eve though which might have been worse!
  • Oh sorry Ale, didn't pick up on that either. Happy Birthday! Great you got your 67 done. Nice pressies. 

Was thinking it can't be easy getting clothes on and off LMH. Especially as it isn't the time of year for not wearing much. Do you have a good snug blanket for the sofa? Glad you are getting out and about a bit.

Xmas decs are down here after OH found the cat playing football with a bauble this morning.  We only decorated a few minor twigs but he has seemingly decided that the cupboard where these were residing is a good resting place for his behind.  

Good progress on the jigsaw Els - how long have you been working on it? How is your daughter's hand doing?  20 miles today?  Well done!

Like the gallery OH.  How often do you see or used to see them all?  

Glad you got in your planned runs over the new year Chicksta.  

Good news on the refound speed emzap.

Even better regarding the brand new shoes Dustin.  I have just tucked a pair away in the wardrobe but I don't think I will forget them though as I need to start on in a new pair of shoes fairly soon.

Got the speedwork done - my village loop (1.8k) is ice free - I fear I will be seeing quite a bit of it in the next few days.  It is basically stuck on the side of a slope so I did my intervals on the up bit.  Not a massive climb (around 12m in 300m) but enough to make it pretty hard when trying to run it with decent form at around tempo pace.  Overdid the first one as usual and didn't do any strides beforehand so the legs went a bit ooo at the sudden lift in effort.  Pretty miserable out - around freezing with a nasty NE breeze and despite the temperatures a lot of wet in the air (cue wipe glasses at the end of each rep).  Sort of conditions in which I am glad to have speedwork as a distraction.  
  • Sounds a decent run, all things considered, Hazel! Except the glasses part! I usually wear contact lenses: on the rare occasions that I run in glasses I do find it a struggle. 

Els: 20!!! Wish I could do half of that! 
    I was due on the 1st (same day as my grandma but she was 1/1/1900!). I arrived at 1 a.m. so didn't quite make it! 
  • Ale/hazel typo...was just over 10 miles...oops!
  • I'm slow on the mark today, AH
    All the best for the day, it would have been an even worse birthday in Scotland, everything is still closed here (even in a non-Covid year).
  • Just finished "Shuggie Bain" (Booker prize winner) - one of Elspeth's Christmas presents. Excellent but perhaps not the most uplifting read.
  • My family now mostly based around London although 2 are still in Stockport/Manchester. Last time we both saw most of the southern Fays was when we had 5h to kill before a sleeper from London Euston. 3 generations at a nearby pizza restaurant.
    One sister has yet to make it to Orkney although her eldest son has.
    Since my father died I don't see them face to face often but Fay siblings WhatsApp group is generally active most days.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Many happy returns, albeit a little later in the day Ale.
    I understand snow has greeted you today!?!
    Wabo - good work with the xc run!
    Chamolk - a good target to aim for
    Hazel - decent session, well done
    Els - decent enough run, and the puzzle looks entertaining!

What - track session
    Why - indeed
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - today
    Not sure how it would have gone after 13 trail miles yesterday. Couple of miles warm up, then 2x8 at 5k pace, 4x4 at 3k pace, 8x2 at mile pace.
    A bit off what I was running a couple of years ago, but on current form not too disappointed. (800s 3:16, 400s 91s, 200s 41s)

• Happy birthday, ale 🥂

Nice snow pics yesterday, Hazel. And well done on the speedwork. Double hard work with the incline :)

Els: Nice 10 and that is one hell of a jigsaw!

Glad the Zoom call worked, OH. I can't bring myself to use it for private stuff as I seem to be spending way too much time in video calls with work.

Fingers crossed for better sleep tonight, chamolk.

Sounds like you enjoyed the mud, wabo.

Glad to hear you feel better, LMH. Hope you're not bored out if your mind yet 😉

5 miles run. Only 2 more days of running 😥 It is a teensy bit frustrating but the way the operated foot feel vs the other should mean it's going to be worth it 🙏

• Happy Birthday Alehouse I hope you had a good day  :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression