Sun 3rd Jan 21 - I don't need a whole lots of money

Lyrics - I don't need a whole lots of money, I don't need a big, fine car. I got everything that a man could want, I got more than I could ask for

Still having some problems with the signal on my new watch, makes it hard to know how accurate things are. Might go and run the local parkrun course to see what distance it tells me. 

Went to the coast yesterday and found a few miles free of ice for my 10k - managed 43:30 which I'm very happy with, though my average HR was about 180. It certainly wasn't easy.

Few easy miles today, if the weather allows

Comments

• Morning.

Nice 10k chamolk. I envy you the sea. I can't remember - do you have an old watch you could wear/carry at the same time to compare the new one with? Or a friend with one you could run with?

chicksta - I still feel too rough to be bored generally if you know what I mean. Frustrated though!  If you rehab as well after the next op as you did the last one it should give you miles/years of pain free running so well worth it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Car 67 by Driver 67, which was in the UK top ten in December 1978. 

Well done yesterday, Chamolk: a hard 10k is not easy on your own. New watches always take a bit of getting used to.

Chick: was going to write more or less what LMH wrote!

What: easy run

Why: probably longer tomorrow and ran longer yesterday.

Plus stretches.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    LMH, yeah, I've still got my vivoactive 3 and was thinking of trying that. It's not just that it tells me I'm going slow under any tree cover at all, but the gps was reading me half a mile away from where I was during my warm up yesterday. I've turned on the extra satellite /Galileo accuracy to see if that helps.

True Ale, it was tough. Close to zero degrees throughout. It took a fair bit of of me I think, I ran it pretty close to all out, which maybe wasn't the best idea after such poor sleep. Pretty broken nights sleep last night too unfortunately. 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk it drives me nuts when watches do that. Two different people I run with always have different to me. Take the other watch and also try a route you know good options. Hope you're not too tired today
    Alehouse enjoy your easy
    Chick agree with what others have said!
    Lmh hopefully you're arm is easing a little
    Sick of my mad sleep pattern now. I'm wide awake till 2 then awake early.  Part for to lockdown, part Christmas break and part I feel may be down to covid - mind is on the go all the time

What very short and very easy, no mud
    Why it's all I need
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/20
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hopefully having all of the satellites on will help chamolk. Not surprised yesterday's run has taken it out of - that was a hard run in tough conditions never mind doing it after a week of nights and little sleep.

Not yet unfortunately Wabo. I've been told it could be a couple of weeks before it starts to feel a bit more comfortable. The swelling is still progressing at the moment. Hope you can get your sleep pattern back to normal soon.

I can't do any of my rehab exercises alehouse. Hope you get ok conditions for your run.

Too slippery for me to walk with Mark and Lola this morning.
  • Chamolk that's v fast, well done!
    LMH rough due to nausea, lack of sleep, pain or all 3? Sounds unpleasant. 
    Wabo, must feel great to be out again!
    Chick, good wishes for the op!
    Being domesticated, soup, bread prep, scones, then I have another 10 miles to run. On my own today and might just do a boring route - it's getting tiring now. Certainly makes the miles go faster running with company but difficult to keep up at times yesterday.  Then it got really boggy so that helped!
    No ice here but due to get more wintry as week goes on.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els yes it does, I know you know x
  • Morning again!

Just had an article through from DCRainmaker to say that there is an issue with satellites at present: 
    New 2021 GPS Accuracy Issue Impacting Some Garmin, Suunto, other GPS Devices | DC Rainmaker

I actually had a bit of a glitch with mine yesterday but didn't really think anything about it as by the end of the run it seemed to have corrected itself. 

Ice gradually going so I had better get going as well before the next snow comes!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Els - why do you have to do another ten? Have I missed something? Mostly pain and lack of sleep.

Are you getting a lot of snow alehouse? Nothing forecast here until later and that is a mix of rain and snow.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Just reading the article now Ale - sounds like what I had yesterday. Looking at it earlier, the route looked exactly right, but just moved a quarter mile to the west. That said, I've also had other issues with general accuracy recently, so not sure if thats the same problem or not. We'll see what happens when they fix it.

Still far too frozen to venture out yet, almost fell over in the driveway when I was picking up one of the boys who had fallen over too.

Wabo - I know other people have reported some psychological symptoms following covid, but the sleep will hopefully recover as you do.

Els - home baking sounds good. Our roast is currently in the oven.

LMH is the polysling helping? 
  • Morning again!

No snow but still pretty icy in places. Snow was forecast for 10.00 but didn't happen; in fact the sun came out. 

Garmin was indeed quite erratic this morning, but seemed to be regarding pace not route: at one stage it had me going at over 8 minutes per km for 3-400 metres when I would be sure that I was under 6 minutes; shortly afterwards I was under 5 minutes per km when I know I wasn't. Anyway, pleasant enough recovery run under largely blue skies.
  • Sorry to hear that it's still too icy for a run chamolk. Not noticeably to be honest chamolk, it needs a cast though I know that's unlikely.

Glad you enjoyed your run alehouse.
  • Just the 10 days of Christmas virtual challenge LMH, shouldn't have overdone the miles in first half, but ten miles done, back on the roads, only one icy bit. Feet rather sore though.
    Time for lunch!

• Excellent 10k time, chamolk. It's not easy to do this on your own and in the cold. So there's a lot more to come in a proper spring race. Let's all hope that they're back on at some point 🙏
    Definitely makes sense to take it easy today. And grrr about the sattelite fail. I must have avoided it.

LMH/ale: Having been through one op and a return to some sort of running helps me stay confident. I don't really care about speed anymore. Being able to run without pain is much more important.

Wabo: Disrupted sleep is the last thing you need whilst recovering from Covid. Hope it settles.

Ale: running under blue skies sounds lovely.

Another 10, Els? Are you doing a challenge?

LMH: Sorry to hear you're still in pain. Maybe it's a stupid question but if your arm needs a cast, why didn't they do this when you were in A&E?

We have snow forecast for Tuesday when I'm going to the hospital 😬 let's hope not

5k run on my own and an hour walked with hubby.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I haven't heard of that one Els. Is that it completed now? Just tucking in to Moroccan chickpea soup - nice and warming.

chicksta - I keep reminding myself that I was out of action for much longer (I hope) after my accident. The break is too high up my humerus for a cast - because of the need for armpit clearance. Mark tells me the Garmin thing isn't all Garmins - something to do with which GPS chip set they have.
  • Sounds a nice soup...how do you make it LMH?
    11 miles on eleventh day of Christmas12 on twelfth...then done ....I hope....looking forward to an easy time on wed though have enjoyed it today was a bit of a slog
    Casts aren't usually helpful in a high humerus fracture.
    Is it day case surgery chick?
  • Swim (400m) and 4.3 mile jog
    Chasing targets
    Lyrics familiar but no

Anyone any thoughts on why one run from 1st won't synchronise with Gar.in Connect. Run is stored on her Garmin as FIT file. Previous and later runs have synchronised OK.

From this swim and run this morning -

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely pics oh, I'm not tech enough sorry
    My Garmin went bonkers today, had mine and Cleo's  walk starting way down her road then walking through all the houses
    What a challenge els! 
    I only  did 1.2 miles, was enough and  felt fine then I walked along the river Ching in the forest with Cleo. 
    Chick hope the snow stays away
    Cheers chamolk, I think it takes time for some by the sounds of it
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Nice pics OH
    Speedy chamolk!
    I too had some very dodgy garmin route for yesterday's track session and it missed the elevation of the first 4-5 miles of todays run (although splits & distance about right)

What - 15.5 trail miles
    Why - all about that base
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - I guess that was on top of yesterday's track. 
    Probably my longest run for 6 months, took in some trails I've not been on for a while and it was, as per, quagmire. Took the last 2-3 miles really easy and overall pace wasn't electric, but I guess for swampy trails it was OK.

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Mark's Garmin was fine on his run - you must all have newer ones.

Nice photo's OH. Can't help I'm afraid - I just plug mine into the laptop and it does it. I'm guessing you've tried connecting it and starting the synch manually?

I think you just need to listen to your body Wabo.

Els - when you said ten days of xmas I thought you'd be done. Hope the next two go ok. Soup: chop and fry an onion and a couple of cloves of garlic. Add a diced carrot and fry for a couple of minutes. Add tin of tomatoes and one of drained chickpeas, 850ml stock, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika; cayenne; cumin and cinnamon. Simmer for about 15 minutes then blend. I would just like a cast as (far too much) prior experience of fractures tells me that once held in a cast they are far less painful and incapacitating.

You are building a great base Dustin.