Why needs must
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/20
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 50 minutes or so

Why: will run to feel. Was going to run with M75 but he has just messaged to say that he isn't available. Will be harder on my own!

Plus stretches.

Enjoy your training, Wabo.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

No must Wabo! Do it because you want to and it makes you feel better. If it needs to be a walk some days that's fine. Long term recovery is the important thing.

Are you back at work this week alehouse?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning.
    Sorry, somehow forgot to post sat and sun. Lyrics on 2st we of course auld Lang syne by man people!

Ale hope you had a nice birthday.
    Chick is the op this week?
    Lmh sounds like you're still struggling
    Wabo please take it easy
    Dustin good long run!
    Chamolk speedy 10km!

What: hopefully club this evening
    Why: depends on ice
    Last hard: we have had a few bad nights recently (though last night fine)
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning again!

Run delayed: couldn't stand up on my drive!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Take care Ale (and anyone else). 

Good words from LMH Wabo. 

Hope the ice clears enough and stays away long enough for your club meeting this evening emzap. 

All the best for your OP tomorrow chicksta.  You will more or less know what to expect this time round. 

Swift 10k on Saturday chamolk.  Especially in those conditions on your own and with rough sleep.  Should be some chunks of time to get off of that. 

Tough mileage for that challenge Els. 

Nice pics yesterday OH. 

You are running well Dustin.  15 miles with added mud does sound like hard work.

Nice sounding soup yesterday LMH.  Any chance of a walk today? I guess it is too icy though?

What: some sort of recovery
    Why: Monday and ran longer yesterday
    Last hard: 12 laps of the village yesterday afternoon for 22k - bit of a daunting task setting off but as of halfway I was happily ticking them off
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Pavements icy apparently.
    Getting a few bits and bobs done although still a bank holiday here (for the 2nd January)
    Group run this evening...
    3 e-llfh modules done last night for Covid vaccinator training.
    Lyrics no
  • Morning again!

What: just over half an hour on the nearest parkrun course

Why: discretion was the better part of valour. Decided it was too icy to run further: parkrun would have been called off I imagine. Should have gone out later. 

re work, LMH, it is a case of watch this space. 

Nice laps, Hazel!
  • Nice persistence Hazel. I'm hoping to get out - have managed to rearrange my last meeting today so should be able to walk Lola with MiL (can't go alone as unable to pick up after her).

You decided to do it then OH. How much of the online stuff do you need to do? I just have the immunisation lot left to work through though still unsure if my arm is going to stop me.

Hope you get some if you want it alehouse.
  • Els: that's quite a challenge! Wow. I could imagine doing it ks perhaps, but miles? Don't think so ;)

Those were nice pics yesterday, OH.

Understand about the cast, LMH. So you have to just get through it somehow and hope that the pain becomes manageable over time. That soup recipe makes me hungry :) Enjoy your walk.

Careful, ale. Sounds treacherous.

Well done, Hazel. It's amazing how one can adjust to tedious routes. My winter route in the dark is a 2 k stretch of flat well-lit cyclepath that I run up and down. I even used to do some P&D medium long runs on it.

Wabo: what LMH said. Be careful not to wear yourself out.

Nice muddy long run yesterday, Dustin.

Em: Op is tomorrow if snow doesn't stop play. Somehow it developed is own dynamics after being moved for the first time ;) something I notice with a lot of project dates at work too. I secretly call it the calendar paradox.

A 2 hour walk in the rain. Too nasty for a run today. Maybe I can drag myself out again later but it seems unlikely.
  • Chick hope it goes ahead as planned!
    LMH they're going to be needing vaccinators for some time I think so a few week to heal shouldn't matter too much.
    Ale.  Icy here too as I found when I went to Tesco first thing. Felt v mild out but only because there's no wind at all...sea is glassy.
    Challenge can be done in k or m....think I was a bit too ambitious! Having said that decided to stay on trails due to the ice and enjoyed it much more than yesterday's road run and no sore feet! Went up the hill then through a farm trail along the cliff path and back by the beach. Met a few folk on top of hill and on beach...nice to say hi.
    Appear to have worn out a pair of trail shoes in under 3 months...big holes in the uppers....not good.
    Stay safe on the ice folks.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - sounds a good challenge. I find trail shoes have a lower life expectancy, I'm assuming the water/mud damage is greater than on road shoes. XC spikes just about see me through a single season.
    Chick - good luck tomorrow if it goes ahead..
    LMH - hope you can get outside
    Ale - good work getting out, shame not with your usual company!
    Hazel - well done for sticking with it.

What - 10k done, blood giving tonight
    Why - road recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Weekend

I've entered a couple of virtual challenges
    First is for the whole of 2021 and is a double LeJog which should be pretty straightforward (Usually do 2,000-2,500 miles a year). It's run by a local coaching group with whom I'm friends so more to support them really.
    Second is a virtual "Spine", a race which normally takes place in January covering the 268 miles of the Pennine Way. Having walked that path in full almost 13 years ago and having grown up walking bits of it, it will always have a place in my heart. 
    The virtual race is to cover 268 miles in January. That will be the real effort. When I marathon train, January usual tops out at about that mileage, with no marathon in the plan, there is an awful lot of running to get done. The upside is that January has 5 weekends, and 4days in I'm already up to ~41 miles. Its about 60 miles/week for the next 4 weeks. 
    Here's hoping I don't get covid or have to isolate...
  • Spine challenge sounds tough Dustin but I'm sure you can get it done!
    Yes trail shoes seem prone to disintegration not helped by my wide feet. In drier conditions underfoot I usually just use an old pair of road shoes but better off in trail shoes at the minute.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Have now completed Conflict resolution e-lfh module and repeated assessment 4 times each time with a high pass mark. This however is not recorded. I have ensured I exit the last screen in the manner instructed.
    I am frustrated and feel my anger rising ...
    I take a step backwards and sidewards 
    I leave the iPad and move to safe environment of Chrome on my desktop and repeat assessment for 5th time this time.
    The (100%) assessment result this time successfully registers and the conflict situation is deescalated.
    I then report my difficulties and frustration on the course feedback form so that they can investigate the causes of this incident.

LOL
    Think I've done enough for now.
  • Glad you managed to sort it OH. I haven't tried doing any of it on the iPad.

Nice challenges Dustin. I think mine may be deciding whether to take up running again or aim to feature on My 600lb Life.

Hope it goes ahead tomorrow chicksta - please keep us informed. It's a lovely soup but we did broccoli and stilton today.

Els - I'm worried about not being able to attend the face to face training and it then not being held again.

I managed three short walks today in the end though I did have to wait for fifteen minutes for Mark to finish a work call and do my coat up before one of them.

Els/OH do you know if the current advice is to stop regular ibuprofen after seven days as it can impair bone healing? I know it was five years ago. Really hoping not as I don't think I'm going to cope very well on just paracetamol.
  • LMH...I think there is some evidence that bone heals better without ibuprofen but has to be balanced against your analgesia requirements and most folk with fractures take it for a few weeks unless contraindicated for other reasons. I'm not on the cutting edge of knowledge on this though at the minute.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh the must was the stretches not the run , nice walking
    Dustin enjoy the challenges! Good man re blood! 
    Els your running sounds lovely
    Chick hope luck tomorrow, don't worry I'm taking it very easy
    Emzap hope you get the club tonight
    I only did a mile. Got a migraine come on then walked home
    Had the jewellery man come re burglary so whether that stressed me I don't know
    Resting now

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Thanks guys, will check in tomorrow.

LMH/Els: My doc said the same re. Ibuprofen which is why I was prescribed paracetamol for my foot so as not to inhibit the healing process.

Broccoli and stilton is a match made in heaven, LMH.

You are very patient, OH. My iPad would have sailed through the window after the second unsuccessful attempt ;)

Great challenges, Dustin. I'm so looking forward to proper running in about a year 😬
  • Pleased to hear it Wabo. Sorry about the migraine, hope it clears off quickly.

Thanks Els.

chicksta - I'm going to find it very difficult to manage this pain with paracetamol only.
  • That is, of course, the benefit of having done the Conflict Management e-module first, Chicksta LOL  :D
  • No ice this evening at all
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Club doesn't start until next week (obviously now not) so went for a run with a friend instead. Really struggling that we aren't allowed to meet anyone except for exercise. Can I walk with Lucas with a friend and that be exercise? Who knows...