Tuesday 5th January 2021 Life goes on day after day

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Life goes on day after day
Hearts torn in every way

Well I won't be working for a while after last night's announcement. In fact may have lost three jobs, all of which I only get paid for if I work. No teaching, probably no exam marking and no supervision of students on their teaching experiences. Must be a tough time for them as there are no schools to experience. I'm not particularly concerned though: getting rid of this virus is rather more important.

What: a reasonable length run

Why: have time 

Hope all goes well Chick.

Better night, LMH? 

Emz, I would have thought walking with another mum and your little ones would be fine; would be permitted in Scotland and Northern Ireland at least.

Now for more sleep, I hope.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

It might be necessary but it still sucks alehouse and I don't get the reason for restricting exercise to once a day though it's a should rather than a shall and there is an additional 'allowance' to care for and exercise animals. Unfortunately not.

Thinking of you chicksta.

I think that is definitely within the rules emzap. At least Lucas can still go to nursery.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Yes, LMH, I noted the exercise "rules": "The exercise should ideally be limited to once per day. Guidance is that people should try to do this locally."

I'm sorry that you didn't have the best of nights; unfortunately I remember it only too well. I didn't get back to sleep: probably too busy trying to sing and think about the lyrics! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Yesterday's lyrics let's go round again, average white band. Referring to new year new streak maybe
    Today's lyrics are familiar
    Lmh sorry you had a bad nights sleep. The exercise thing, if you have a dog and run once a day might be difficult!!! Does it say we can meet one other outdoors to run? 
    Alehouse hope you got more sleep and enjoy your run. Agree this covid needs to go
    What something short and easy Tai chi too
    Why need Tai chi
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/20

Got lots of work to do today as well
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Yes, you can exercise outdoors with one other, Wabo. And you may well have heard the lyrics yesterday! You may also leave your home to "fulfil animal welfare reasons".
  • Fingers crossed for chicksta today.

More restrictions possible here too as of tomorrow's announcement - I hate waiting for them.

That is a short lifespan for your shoes Els. 

Like your challenges Dustin.  Spine mileage in Jan sounds a lot indeed.  Good luck with that but don't get injured.

Your trials with IT did make me smile yesterday OH.

Good you could get out for a few walks LMH. 

Enjoy the Tai chi Wabo.

Hmm singing and trying to sleep does sound a bit of a strange combination Ale.

What: not sure - something at least
    Why: Tuesday group is currently still permitted (low numbers) but seems to have dissolved entirely now.
    Last hard: finding somewhere ice free to run - will head for lower ground today (need to do a shop anyway)
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel nice streak! Have a nice run
    2 miles easy done. Busy busy at work at home
  • Checking in 😊 and all good 👍

The nerve block is working nicely and it feels like I have no leg below the knee 😉

Now I have to kill the rest of today and tomorrow 😴

Oh wow, exercise restrictions are back? I wonder how long we have until harder measures are going to be implemented.

That's a shame, ale. Why no marking though? I mean that's easily done at home,  isn't it?

Sorry to hear you had such a bad night, LMH. The paracetamol I was given last time was pretty strong and I took loads (on nurses's orders) but then my foot is numb for over 24 hours after which,  I suppose,  the worst of the pain is gone anyway.

Enjoy your run, Hazel. I quite like to combine running and shopping.

Em: I meant to ask you, are you doing Adriene's yoga challenge in January? I always used to but with the foot it's a no-go this time around.

Enjoy Tai Chi, wabo.

Lyrics sound familiar.
  • Afternoon!

Thanks for popping in with good news, Chick! Onwards and upwards! Don't get too bored! re exams, it is highly likely that they are going to be cancelled, just as they were last year. 

What: just over 65 minutes. I had intended a little more but that will have to do

Why: extremely icy in places, even at gone eleven o'clock. Had to tiptoe a number of times and I now know what route I won't be doing for a few days!
  • Good news chick! Are you home or in hospital until block wears off? Hope they play you with lots of tea/coffee/snacks if so. I was starving after my last 2 procedures but had to wait ages before any sustenance!
    Beautiful day here...v hard frost and all the mud on wideford was frozen which made life easier...not so on the Inganess trail...it was just colder. Kept stopping to chat to folk hadn't seen for ages so not a fast 12.4 m but v enjoyable. 
    Hard lockdown days ahead....even though we are still in tier 3 no travelling allowed....don't know if/when I will see my kids again or if it will change before granddaughter is born.
    Much worse for others no doubt but needed to happen with cases rocketing south.
  • I'm doing Adrienne's challenge chick...you can always do it later in the year. Seems quite tough so far!!
  • Good to see you check in chicksta and that it is done this time.  

Hope you have a variety of routes left Ale. 

Glad you enjoyed your run Els.

Found one person to run with in the meantime - won't be until this evening though as he needs to milk his cows first.
  • Nice miles Els.

Good news chicksta. I've been at or close to max paracetamol dosage for the last week (8 x 500mg tablets) with max ibuprofen and minimal codeine on top. I'm usually quite tolerant of pain.

Having failed to see the relevance of knowing babies immunisation schedules to being a CV19 vaccinator but managing to learn enough to pass the assessment I took myself out for a walk, alone as the friend I had planned to meet had to unexpectedly home school. 

Another long run alehouse - you're doing well.

A shame about your group Hazel. Hope you can find somewhere ice free to run.

Did you sleep any better Wabo?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Chick - glad it went well, time to start planning those runs!
    Ale - pleased you managed a run, and I guessed the job situation would be as you have described. Youngest umming about going back next week. I'm looking forward to that healthy rebate I'll get for fees and accomodation. I have a feeling I'm in for a long wait!
    Hazel - decent streaking!
    OH - well played with the Admin. seems a bit bonkers if you ask me
    LMH - only 600 lbs? That's not even trying  :D 
    Els - decent mileage
    Wabo - good to see you getting back out there

What - teatime (s)miles
    Why - fitting it in. Gave blood yesterday so always feel a bit slower the day after. Usually reps on a Tuesday, might do some steadier 10k paced efforts to kick off the mileage.
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - facing up to tier 5. All club sessions (junior ones) cancelled. Running once a day (usually do anyway but it's nice to have a choice), and no travelling, how far is too far? 5 miles ok?

• 4.2 mile run
    400m swim
    Physio shortly
    More e-lfh modules later (12 done - working down to leads relevant ones - not sure how much radicalisation prevention I should be doing in a vaccination appointment).
    No reply from local covid19 vaccination coordinator so far.
    Lyrics no, although having Googled I knew the song
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick lovely to see! speedy  healing to you
    as always els great photos!
    oh nice exercise! 
    LMH no I  didnt really sleep great last night
    dustin take it easy, you will I know!
    I was refused to give blood for plasma, apparently I do not have enough blood, all they know is age height and weight, must be too old :-(
    hazel glad you found someone to run with, after the cows are milked, love it!
  • Dustin - our students have been told not to travel back but to remain wherever they spent the holidays.

Sorry to hear that Wabo - it makes everything feel worse. 

Cross posted with you earlier Hazel - enjoy the run with company.

I have to do Prevent training for my job OH so that was an easy one for me.
  • They refused me giving blood for the same reasons, wabo 🤷🏼‍♀️

Enjoy the yoga challenge, Els. Some of her stuff is way beyond my very limited flexibility...Great weather in those pics.
    I will be in hospital until Thursday. They want me to be here when the block wears off so they administer stronger painkillers intravenously if needed.
    And they fed me lunch, coffee and cake plus some tea, so I'm good. They even cater for me being veggie 👍🏻
    That sounds like a lovely run.

Good long run too, ale. Of course the exams may be cancelled, hadn't thought of that. D'uh.

LMH: jeez, that cocktail of painkillers would do me in! No wonder you were sick. Ibu over 600 doesn't agree with me - makes me very dizzy.

Glad you found somebody to run with, Hazel. Got to have your priorities right ;) when we go to Bavaria we usually stay at the same farm. I find cows incredibly soothing :) and I love it how they line up near the house at 5pm sharp for milking.

Dustin: How long is a piece of string, eh? Harder restrictions coming our way too it seems.

At least I'm now officially free of Corona. They do a test on adminission 😊

And my surgeon just came by (long day, poor guy) to say all went well 👍🏻 and there were no complications
  • You sound well cared for chick! Hope not too bad when block wears off!
    Hazel...I now have picture of Swiss cows with cowbells lining up to be milked before your run!
    Dustin in first lockdown we had to run/excerxise from home;go no more than 5m from home and once a day. This was relaxed after a couple of months to as many times as wishes but still stay local.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Glad op went well Chick.  I remember when I was in hospital in Goettingen, hubby had to bring me food in it was so awful (he can't cook so it tells you how bad it was)!  Sounds like you're being looked after a lot better.

Thought you were allowed out for unlimited exercise.  That's what the gov website implied earlier, but not allowed to travel for it unless absolutely necessary.  But to be honest the unclearness of the rules is giving me a headache, people will just break them on interpretation.

Sound like good challenges Dustin :)

Anyway, walked Lucas to nursery today, no running.

Have a good evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick lovely to hear from you and glad you're free of covid! Did you have it bad? Glad all went well
    It's a shame about the plasma thing I would have done it, but then I don't really want to run myself down