Wednesday 6th January 2020 Summer, Buddy Holly, the working folly

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Summer, Buddy Holly, the working folly
Good golly Miss Molly and boats

Yesterday's were Ferry Across the Mersey, Gerry and The Pacemakers. Gerry sadly died at the weekend. Often think of this song when running: Mersey is at the end of my road but it is somewhat wider in Liverpool. Years ago there used to be three ferries (actually rowing boats) but there are now bridges that I cross on my runs.

What: probably half an hour or so easy

Why: ran longer yesterday

Plus stretches

Hope you are cheerful today Wabo: a Wembley final!

And my little twins have a birthday today: 31! One drove over yesterday and I put her presents in the boot; the same will happen for my son this afternoon. No interaction unfortunately. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

How are your niggles alehouse?

Cold and frosty start here. Taking Lola for a walk with MiL later but am wondering how to dress warmly enough - can't get my usual walking gear on and MiL is slow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH! Niggles: always something but managing! Cold here as well: too icy to run for at least another hour I imagine. Take care!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse, that's a lovely opening post, I'm picturing running over the bridges, putting presents in your twins boots! 31!!!
    My daughter pointed out that Cleo is 10 this year and she herself will be 40 next year 😜
    Have a safe run, I don't think we've got ice yet
    Lmh im walking this afternoon with mil and same she will be slow so I'll wrap up. She's very very down. 

What see what when I set off in about an hour I reckon
    Why slept late due to toothache in the night
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/20
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I missed the birthday bit - I'm glad you could see them if only at a distance.

Hope chicksta had a comfortable night.

Wabo - it's good to get them out I think though my MiL may be getting a bit fed up with my company as it's been just Mark and I for so long.
  • Ale happy birthday to your twins! Not great not being able to meet with them.
    Chick..hope you're feeling good.
    Definitely need more clothes for slow walking.
    Another good day here but having completed my "challenge" think I should have an easy day so just a short run planned. 
    Making a sourdough babka and granola then I will go out.
    Coffee with a friend this afternoon...feel a bit guilty since only we isles folk can albeit in a cafe so intend to limit this to the friends who don't run/walk....though will also do a short walk with J....she has sore knees so won't go far.
    Peter is ploughing through his online training but still had no reply from authorities as to whether they are interested in using him. They have several nurses designated already and I guess depends on vaccine supplies if they need more folk but a reply would be nice!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Feeling a bit grotty here, Lucas seems to have got a cold from nursery.

What: will walk to pick him up this afternoon and to post office as I have some parcels to post
    Why: not running today due to time and now slight grottiness!
    Last hard: feeling stressed
    Lyrics: nope

Happy birthday little ales (though they're not that little, not much younger than me!)
    Wabo, I don't think chick had covid, I think she just had to get tested for her hospital trip
    Lmh and wabo enjoy your walks
    Els enjoy your baking

Have a lovely day all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap, of course chick did that! Thanks  for clearing my foggy brain lol.  Hope you are ok 

2.6 miles d&d, thats enough for me!
    OH hope you get answers to whether they need you soon
    I just signed up again as a volunteer - collecting shopping etc.  I did before but never heard anything back 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Yep, wabo: em is right. It's just a precaution here to keep the hospital free from covid so they can carry on with operations.

Happy birthday to the alehouse twins :smile:

Could you wear some of Mark's jumpers perhaps, LMH? Hope you manage to stay warm. They have these amazing blankets when you go into the operating theatre - they weigh nothing and are pumped up with warm air... would be nice to have an on-the-go version ;)

Wabo: take it easy. 2.6 is plenty as you're probably still recovering. And toothache - ouch!! Good on you to offer volunteer services.

Crossing fingers it's just a cold, em and that it won't get too bad 🙏🏻

Well done completing your challenge, els. Enjoy coffee with your friends.

My night was rubbish. For some reason I never sleep well after GA. The block started to wear off around 3am, just as I managed to fall asleep a bit. I can just about tolerate it - really not keen on opiates as they usually make me sick and I start tripping 🥴

Stuffed pepper for lunch today :)  I'm also glad I can get fresh fruit as they won't allow any visitors. That's usually something hubby would bring me and that I cannot be without ;)

• Chick...looks tasty! Yup when I was in hospital for ten days first time Peter ordered fruit for me online but it was a huge amount and I had no appetite! Got through a good bit of it in the end though sharing it with my roommates.
    The blankets are called bear huggers which is a cool name but they stick to everything when they come off!
    Emz...take it easy.
    Went to do a boring 4m sand met frien so ran with her instead..5m a bit faster than I m used to but good to have a chat. Extremely slippery in the bits the sun hasn't reached!
    LMH...has Mark got  a down jacket or similar....if so steal it for cold walks!
  • Possibly an easy day, may try short run later. Completed e-learning for Covid vaccinators.
    Left flank sore again last night (following physio)
    Lyrics no

No reply yet from local Covid organiser but no hurry as I am not wanting to do anything active before 2nd vaccination.
    I am in vulnerable group but not in Extremely Clinically Vulnerable classification.
    Nice bright day again here
  • Afternoon!

Sounds sensible re second jab, OH. But will you have to wait up to 12 weeks? And how long will it take to vaccinate the whole of Orkney? 

What: just over 5k

Why: easy day, although not easy standing up at times. 

Bored yet, Chick?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh I had one of those blankets after having Lucas! It was great especially as my body temp had dropped significantly. I was wearing a fleece and wooly hat whilst I was in the delivery room as it was so cold 😂
  • Sorry to hear that you are stressed emzap. Hope the illness comes to nothing.

Els - don't feel guilty about following your rules. Mark won't let me anywhere near his down jacket but did lend me a fleece to go over my vest top and two long sleeved t-shirts. I had just enough on to stay warm for our five mile walk. MiL has just mailed to say that she fell asleep watching tv  :)

You are good doing the learning without knowing if you need to OH though I suspect you had rather less to do than me. Nearly finished myself.

alehouse - my friend (an adult nurse) had her second jab yesterday so some are still being done.

Eating is one of the hardest things for me in hospital chicksta - no meat, wheat or peppers and if they do find something I can eat it's usually served lukewarm which I hate. Don't know how I would have survived after my accident without visitors bringing food.

You can sign up as a vaccination volunteer here too Wabo should you want to.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - well done on the run but please take it easy, also hope tooth pain didn't reappear! 
    Ale - Many happy returns to the Mini Ales
    Emz-  hoping you're feeling better today
    LMH - Pleased you managed to stay warm enough earlier
    Els - Well done on completing the challenge
    OH - good stuff wading through the prerequisites...

what - 8 miles
    why - recovery but felt anything but. Legs jaded, tired, hectic at work, but I CAN run.
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday: went out at 4:30 ish and after a few easy miles to shake the day out, pulled my big boy pants on and did 4x1k at ~10k pace (4.20s) off 200 easy. Another few miles to ease back off and ended up just shy of 10m for the day. 
    lyric - think so