Friday 8th January 2021 - I met her in a club down in old Soho

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - I met her in a club down in old Soho

Poor Lola is as miserable as a miserable thing but she's had her painkiller and TXA and a little bit of food this morning. Five minute lead walks only for the next few days and back to the vets for a post-op check on Tuesday. It's lovely to be able to dangle my arm now and again and I'm hoping that doing so will help to disperse the swelling round my elbow. Wish I had a bit more confidence in what I can and can't do but hoping to get that at my appointment on Tuesday. My friend is supposed to be coming over for a walk but looking at the forecast/conditions I'm not sure that will happen.

Go easy all.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Take it easy Lola and LMH! 

What: probably short and easy, plus stretches

Why: weather forecast
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Yesterday lyrics were my  tribute to Gerry Marsden, don't let the sun catch you crying
    Today's yes a song I absolutely love
    Lmh poor Lola. Hope you both have a better day
    Alehouse enjoy the short and easy, do some good stretches! 
    I got resistance bands from Jodie and the girls - Cleo suggested them for me, using them lots! 
    What possibly 5k see how I feel
    Why I want to buy it will be easy to cut short
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/20
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh I'll look into Ron hill hats
    Els I thought how slim you looked!!!
    Hazel love the report on your first yak trak outing

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh, just bought the hat, gloves and a new pair of Hoka shoes!!! Did have Christmas money thankfully
  • Poor Lola - but better than having unwanted pups. Does she have to wear a cone as well? Shame if the walk won't happen but better to be safe.

Streeetttch Ale... (looks guilty though for neglecting that as usual).

How are you generally feeling Wabo? Definitely +1 to a slim and healthy looking Els (hope she doesn't mind us commenting on that here, is meant as a compliment though)

I would love some tracksters but seems you can only get them in the UK.  Hmm - could order some via mum and have her send them discreetly to get around customs... (no-one a customs official on here I hope..)

What: maybe some short speed work.
    Why: neglecting that too much. 
    Last relieved: good one to one with my main customer contact a bit earlier, bit less stressed out about work now. 
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: sigh..
  • Afternoon!

Glad work is a little less stressful, Hazel

Good ordering, Wabo!

What: easy half an hour or so

Why: better weather than predicted. Drizzle and 3.5 degrees rather than than 3.5 inches of snow that were forecast. Stretches later. Have been very good so far this year in that I have done some every day. Mind you we are only on day 8!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hazel..we've been stung by Swiss customs many times. Still parcels do get there...t has still to receive his Christmas parcel in Sweden though tracking suggests it is at local depot.
    Wabo.hope 5k goes well.
    Muddy snowy hike with friend and her dog this morning. Likely a wee run later. Sadly my trail shoes now saturated and like to wear them in the snow.
    Hope Lola picks up!
  • Up and down Wideford Hill
    Bright snowy morning
    Lyrics no

Swiss  customs - grr - added £25 to daughter's Christmas present

• I hope you like them as much as I do Wabo.

Less stressed is good Hazel. Walk happened and Lola is much brighter. I don't use cones. Greyhounds have such long necks and noses that they have to be huge to help. I use a t-shirt or neck pillow (for want of a better description).

One pair of trail shoes in the winter sounds like a shopping opportunity Els.

How is your pain now OH?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sorry been awol for a day or so, 
    OH - looks lovely and bright upthere today!
    LMH - pleased Lola is home, you two can take it easy together!
    Chick - I imagine it's good to be home?!
    Els - nice leggings, oh and btw , someone left the milk out... ;)
    Emz - so sorry to hear about your friends Dad's passing

What - easy 50 minutes (10k)
    Why - Friday wind down
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday did 8 hilly trail miles and it was a bit cold and blustery. Pace not electric, but the mud and cold made it an uncomfortable session.

Have good weekend everyone
  • Els: what the others said: your legs look great and I'd echo Hazel re your hair. Mine is so thin and frizzy that I just stick it in a hair clip to have it out of the way.

Poor Lola, LMH. Glad you're allowed to do a bit more with your arm. Did your friend come by?

Hazel: I remember what a struggle it was to get the Yaktrax on. They look a bit more sophisticated now. Mine are just rubbery thingies with metal springs. Yours look like they have velcro on top now. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if mine fell apart after so many years in the cupboard. Rubber isn't very durable.

Dustin: I wouldn't worry about pace on a cold trail run.

Well done in the stretching, ale.

I'm probably going to resume some s&c tomorrow. Still a bit weak today and my stomach is revolting against more painkillers.
  • Chick...a few days off won't hurt!
    I think am needing a haircut...always had v thick hair but it's a bit wild currently. I tie it up for running/plait it....with lockdown sometimes it stays like that all day!
    A short 4 mile run with a friend pretty icy in places but did get to run on the beach which is always nice.
  • Dustin - 50 mins isn't bad for a cold, slippery trail run!

Sorry to hear your stomach is bad chicksta but good that you feel well enough to start your s&c tomorrow.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
     Hazel in feeling quite good today. That was the best run today since restarting
    Els that run sounds amazing. I read about yours and oh's runs and think about 2007 when I did Cape wrath. Don't suppose I'll ever do it again now
    Chick sorry to hear about your stomach, hope it settles
    Dustin, nice 50 min run after last night's
    Lmh glad Lola is lots better

• Wabo..sadly this year was meant to be the last year and has now been cancelled. We will miss Durness though hope to return there and all the folk we met every year. End of an era.