Saturday 9th January 2021 Since you went away I've been losing my sleep at night

Morning!

Lyrics: Since you went away I've been losing my sleep at night
Never thought there 'd come a day
When you'd be back to make everything right

What: a run at some point 

Why: how far is weather dependent. Looks very icy out there.

Plus stretches.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Els I guessed as much, I knew they were stopping and hoped I'd come this year for a final one. Such a shame 
    Mmm lyrics I'm not sure
    Alehouse hope it's not too icy
    What a mile 
    Why taking it easy
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/20
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were of course Lola by The Kinks.

Do you think you're fully over the CV19 now Wabo?

Not even a frost here this morning alehouse.

Lola is at the vets for a check-up this morning but all looks well with her wound which is good. I had a better night and have been able to further reduce my pain relief. Worst bit now (as long as it's resting comfortably in the poly sling and I'm not trying to use it or bend/reach for something) is around the elbow which is where the majority of the swelling is. Hopefully regular dangles and assisted elbow bending will dissipate this.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Snow all gone but still looking cold and breezy.
    Not feeling the love but will see how day progresses ...
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Morning again!

Not too bad out there: largely firm off road without being too icy apart from the odd stretch; by next week it will be liquid mud I imagine. 

What: just over 70 minutes

Why: Saturday tends to be a longer day. Gradually building back up, I hope. 

Lyrics are optimistic, and were the answer to a Popmaster question yesterday which must have lodged in my mind!

Shame about Cape Wrath. Would have liked to have experienced it, the marathon apart!

Stretches later. 

Hope you are ok Chick, and you are over the worst of the pain, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Totally miserable day here wet cold windy ...just back from 7 m which were pretty dreary!
  • Good to here that Lola and you are both getting better,LMH.

Glad it wasn't too icy, ale.

Agree on Cape Wrath, it always sounded like a really great event. Why is it no longer being held?

Nice to hear you're feeling better, wabo.

45 mins of s&c done. Still very shaky but I put that down to the meds.
  • Did you have a GA chicksta? I find that can take more recovering from than you think.

well done for getting out Els.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh at the moment I'd say I'm over it. But I've taken too having a warm drink as soon as I get back from a run cos I'm being ultra cautious keeping my chest throat etc warm. I'm more wrapped than ever before. The last two days I've felt back to normal. Fingers crossed. 
    Chick I think the thing about Cape wrath was it got too much maybe for the same people running it year after year. I did it in 2007 and loved it.
    Nice run alehouse
    Els great mileage! Especially as it isn't nice out there
    Lmh glad things are easing up
    Just back from a mile easy
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good news but definitely no harm in being cautious Wabo.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Another decent run Els, and good long run Ale!
    LMH - sounds like you may have turned a corner? Lets hope there is a swift recovery.
    Wabo - please continue to take it easy

What - 10.15 miles on the trails 
    Why - stretching the legs
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - think I'm still jaded from a full week of busy work and a few miles, so that was harder than I expected
    lyric - possibly
  • Found a drier slot for 4.2 mile plod