Sunday 10th January 2021 I heard that you're settled down

Morning!

Lyrics: I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now

As just heard on the news!

Yesterday's were Bringing on back the good times, Love Affair, 1968.

What: short and easy

Why: ran longer yesterday

Plus stretches.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Maybe an easier week is called for Dustin? 

Heavy frost here this morning alehouse - not sure what it's like underfoot.

I didn't have a great night and got up to find that Lola hadn't either (I did suggest to Mark that she might need another short walk!) and Mark isn't feeling great either so I don't expect much will be happening here today - not that it could anyway. I do plan to get out for a walk though as work will make that difficult tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Morning again!

Quiet!

Hope you manage to get some fresh air, LMH!

What: 6k easy

Why: take me over 50k for the week, the highest since mid October. Need a few more weeks with similar totals. 
    Damp with icy rain here. 

More stretches later. 

How are you going with the challenge, Dustin? About a third of the month gone!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great to see you building up again alehouse. I'm just back from a four mile walk. Dry and still here and the ground isn't too bad so I was confident enough to do some footpaths that I've been wary of.
  • Quiet indeed but nice running and walking folks.
    Much nicer out today...bit icy but kept mostly off road with 2 others. Up back of Wideford.

• You might remember F from Kirkwall half LMH....we are tier 3 so 2 socially distances buddies outdoors allowed!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    What - 13.5 easy trails (2h)
    Why - hitting the trails
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday

LMH - I agree, low weeks would be ideal, but this January "spine" challenge is requiring about 60mpw which is my usual marathon mileage. Also training 1x day doesn't help: I've often done 3-4 easy miles first thing and trained later making 10+ mile days not that hard to pull off. February should be easier and at least I'll have a decent base to build on!
    Ale - think I'm just short of 100 miles for January, helped immeasurably by the first 3 days being holiday/weekend!
    Arguably I'm making it harder for myself by trying to do much of it off road. 3 more ~60 mile weeks should see me, literally, limp over the line!
    Nice mileage from you too!
  • I’d forgotten about the challenge Dustin. Don’t go making yourself ill or injuring yourself for the sake of it though.

I probably would if I spoke to her Els. You are managing a lot of miles.

I’m grateful that I can get out and walk. Have been doing some exercises for the elbow and shoulder that I found on the web but am unsure if it’s ok to sleep in a more prone position and without my sling which I think would help. Don’t want to do anything that might compromise or delay recovery though. Lots of conflicting information about recovery and sling wearing  time online too.
  • I think you and F were competing for first lady LMH! If it's more comfy to sleep without the sling that's generally fine. Might be awkward sleeping on your front though. 
    Dustin - well the real Spine is offroad, had you been entered to do it? Good mileage.
    Ale also nice miles!
  • LMH: Yes, it was done under GA. I had the choice of local or GA, but my surgeon recommended GA because he does a lot of nasty stuff with oscillating bone saws 🤢 not something I was particularly keen on listening to. And I was totally ok after the one in May. Maybe the dosage was different? Who knows. I need two attempts to get out of bed and I have to lie down again after finishing in the bathroom.

Sorry to hear both Lola and you had a bad night.

Serious miles, Dustin.

Nice weekly total, ale. And yes to lyrics.

Lovely to be able to run in company, Els.

Beautiful day here. Sigh. Being chained to the couch does my head in today 🤷🏼‍♀️

Another 45 mins of core work done.
  • Thanks Els - I don't sleep on my front and will put some pillows to stop me rolling on to that side. I know who you mean now. Feels like such a long time ago. I would love to visit Orkney again.

That does sound very tired chicksta and it was a few days ago now. I hope that you feel much better tomorrow.
  • Evening

Busy cooking (flapjacks from an Anita Bean cookbook I treated myself to recently - yumm!) and pizza sauce for tomorrow and then running so far today.  Now lazy on the sofa before another round of cooking.

Hope the whole family is feeling a bit better in the meantime LMH.  Good you could get in some fresh air.

Mileage sounds good Ale.  

Nice happy pic Els.  Like the colour coordination.  Didn't make it to Cape Wrath on our trip to Northern Scotland unfortunately.  Shame about the challenge.  

Your ongoing recovery from covid is going well Wabo. 

Great mileage so far on the challenge Dustin.  

Well done on getting some S&C done Chicksta but take it easy if you are still feeling rough.  

What: decent enough MLR of 13.25 miles - (mostly steady out, faster back (slight downhill and tailwind likely helped)
    Why: Sunday miles
    Last hard: not eating all the flapjacks (OH and so far one of the cats are also quite keen)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • We are thank you Hazel. Which AB book? I have five.
  • Swim (380m) and a short Scapa loop run.
    Tomorrow may be a bit more disorganised if plumbers start the central heating replacement.
    Hard rebuilding my speed or mileage until this pain settles.
    Last rest Boxing Day
    Lyrics no

Nice miles Hazel.
    Good to see you progressing again Wabo.
    Hopefully pain should be getting progressively easier from now LMH.
  • Busy day Hazel and great mileage. I'd be eating all the flapjacks if I were you!
    We will hopefully get back to the Cape wrath area again but won't be the same without our running mates.
    Been for a dog walk with friend this afternoon...has turned dulll and drizzly again.
    Not looking forward to central heating replacement....more cold days if they come tomorrow!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Somehow been Mia for the past few days. Just been doing errands so walking for them

What: ran back from grocer
    Why: it's 5km if I do a few loops and slightly better for my sanity as I can do a slightly different routes
    Last hard: covid is hard (I mean the general situation, we don't have it as far as we know!)
    Lyrics: yes!

Another sub 30 5km :)

Oh I miss travel
    Lmh how's the arm, any more comfortable?
    Ale good mileage
    Dustin you're doing well on your spine challenge.
    Chick you feeling a bit crook still from the ga?

Have a lovely evening all 
  • Chick....sounds a bit rubbish. Having never had a GA before this year I had no idea what to expect. Felt rough after the first but probably due to the underlying problem as after the last two I felt fine once I was fully awake. Hope things improve soon. 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Pain is definitely much reduced thank you. If I can get the swelling around the elbow down I think things will be further improved. I've been doing a fair bit of dangling today.

Do you think the physio is helping OH?

It is hard emzap.
  • Well done on the sub 30 5k emzap. Agree on travel, doesn't need to be another continent, just a few days in another bit of the country without all the restrictions would be nice.

CH replacement also sounds expensive Els.

1 x GA for me: slept for most of the day post op, one bad night due to low BP, fine after that.

The Runner's Cookbook LMH. (Ultimate flapjacks today)
  • Emz..well done on 5k. Doubt I could go sub 30 these days but there again haven't tried any speedy stuff. I always prefer to marshal parkrun rather than do it!
  • Thanks Hazel.

I hope the central heating replacement takes less time than you expect Els/OH.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow some amazing mileage already for January! 
    Great photo els and miles
    Lmh keep dangling! 
    I did manage 5. My appetite had gone bonkers the last few days. I'm going with it because I think it's all part of the process. 
    I felt really comfortable doing 5 icy off road miles and my mate brought her dog Wilson along who I love! He's such  a good dog
    Just enjoyed watching spurs play marine, lots of people able to watch from their back gardens made for a great atmosphere!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can