Monday 11th January 2021 It all makes work for the working man to do...

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics:  It all makes work for the working man to do...

Yesterday's were Someone like you, Adele. Shown on the news as Chorley FC, giant killers in the cup, have adopted the song, singing it rather badly!

What: perhaps an hour

Why: twas on a Monday morning

Plus stretches.

Hope that anyone having a new boiler fitted have a straight forward experience! Pretty sure that OH will know the lyrics!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

If you're finding yourself having difficulty filling your days alehouse cake by post would be much appreciated :-) Mark is doing very well with dinners and we managed soda bread between us but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to persuade him to try baking. Any date for your treatment yet?

Work for me today so no time for a proper walk but I intend to get out for a short one before I start. Need to take a parcel to the post office though I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to put a mask on whilst holding it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Very dark this morning...and quite wet. Hopefully that will mean my routes are quiet.

No date for treatment yet, LMH, although I have another PSMA PET scan on Friday which I understand is to help the consultant be as precise as he can be, so sounds like things are moving!

Right, going to put my kit on, a few stretches, then get going.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Waiting to see whether plumbers will appear. We've not heard from them since level 3 restrictions (prolonged closure over festive period). Will ring after 9.
    Also expecting delivery of summer house today.
    Activity today for me is dependent on others ...
    Lyrics highly appropriate and indeed well known.
  • Morning

Hope Ale is out enjoying his run..

Good Mark is keeping you well fed LMH. 

Likely the summer house will turn up and the plumbers won't OH - appropriately for the time of year.  Hope you can get out at all during daytime.

Have a decent start to the week everyone.

What: recovery + trundle on the turbo
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Suspect you'll be right, Hazel ...

[Edit]
    ... Still waiting for return telephone call ...
  • Morning!

Hope you are wrong re OHHazel! But you were right re my run: was indeed out enjoying it!

What: 83 minutes off road, gentle pace

Why: longest since October 17th. Now for an easier couple of days. 

Hardly saw anyone (drizzle, mud) but did bump into M75 who was coming the opposite direction, so stopped for a brief chat. 

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Central Heating  plumbers not coming today - not Covid related - maybe tomorrow.
    (No sign of summerhouse either)
  • That's a pain OH.

Will you be able to run with him later this week alehouse?

Multi Sporting Hazel?
  • Afternoon!

Large supermarket shop completed. 

No, LMH, M75 has decided that he is reducing his risks by either not running with anyone or not running at all. 
  • That's a shame alehouse. I feel quite safe with one sensible other outside.
  • So do I, LMH, but as he (and hopefully myself as well) are so close to having the jab it isn't worth taking any unnecessary risks. Hence my major stock up at the supermarket: hope not to go again for a good while, although may be able to get my daughter to top up the veg next weekend if necessary. 
  • Wow...sounds like situation in Manchester area quite bad Ale. Here confusing reports of 4 new cases from local radio and none local newspaper. Odd. 
    Ran in Birsay this morning just over 9m bit only got the trail hating one off road for half a mile! A start maybe. Workmen now say coming tomorrow . We'll see! Tesco v quiet at 8.30 am!
  • Can you not get a click and collect or delivery slot alehouse? I wouldn't go in to a supermarket to do my shop but will happily meet outside - in fact am walking with a neighbour tomorrow all being well.

I hope they arrive tomorrow Els.

I have a physio appointment on the phone Thursday morning - not sure what the point of that is as she won't even be able to see my arm. I've looked up the patient information leaflets online with the generic exercises.
  • That is really annoying, Els andOH. Are you without heating at the moment or is the old unit still hanging on?

Nice miles yesterday, Hazel. I think you really earned all those flapjacks :)  we had homemade pizza yesterday. I call it assisted cooking ;)  I give the instructions and hubby carries them out. He's doing really well, bless him.

Em: totally agree about the whole Covid situation being unbearable. My parents can't even come and visit me. Only one other person is allowed, so they're taking turns.

Good to hear you had a better night, LMH. Not sure what a physio appointment over the phone is supposed to do. Video I would understand, but telephone?

Ale: I would also avoid supermarkets and rather have my groceries delivered or do click and collect, like LMH suggested. But at least you've stocked up now. Well done on the long run.

Wabo: your body is telling you something so just eat what you crave.

Still feeling rough here first thing,  so I'm taking things very slowly.  Strong coffee seems to help. I suffer from very low blood pressure and I reckon the GA exacerbated it this time around.

Another 45 mins of s&c done. I'm quite sore at the moment so I must be doing it right 😆
  • We have a similar cooking arrangement chicksta. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stretch it to baking flapjack yet.  :) Yes, video call I could understand. You are fortunate - if you were in england currently neither of your parents could visit. Sorry to hear that you're still feeling rough.

•  2 of us did Scapa Loop 5k as it started snowing.
    Central heating is functional just now.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - good work with the 5ks
    OH - bad news with the plumber..lets hope its better news tomorrow
    Ale - nice mileage
    Hazel - some more decent training
    LMH/Ale - difficult with the +1 meeting. If it's the same individual I don't see much of an issue, but I've seen many people seeing multiple different "+1s" albeit it on different occasions.
    Els - Nice mileage. Yes the spine is mostly trail, I actually did it in 2009. I think I'm just past Pen-y-ghent at the moment.

What - 7 easy miles & QoP tonight
    Why - recovery 
    Last rest - 10/10
    Last hard - The weekend
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick hope you're feeling a bit brighter tomorrow
    Oh and els good your heating is functional but hope they come tomorrow
    Dustin ouch ouch but I'm sure good
    Alehouse shame about m75 but can't blame him being sensible
    I only did 2 today. I feel ok though. 
    Night all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can