Wednesday 13th Jan 2021 Naughty boys in nasty schools

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning
Naughty boys in nasty schools

Strangely woke up with this in my head!

Rest day today, may do some core.

Lmh sorry to hear about the clinic. Hope it does heal better than they think.

Wabo glad you like your new shoes.

Have a great day all

Comments

• Morning.

Thanks Els. Hope you can stay warm.

Glad you are a fan of the kit Wabo.

emzap - everything I'd read said that you don't get 100% recovery so it wasn't a shock - just a bit more of an issue as the other one is far from fully functional. Hope Lucas and the rest of you continue to stay well.

Take it easy chicksta - your recovery is the important thing.

I can see how that would happen alehouse. Mark is being great but of course I want to be more independent and help him out as much as I can.

I had a really rubbish night even by recent poor standards. Don't know why I keep waking up with these awful headaches either, it's not meds as I didn't take any yesterday. Hoping to manage a walk and clear my head this morning as am working briefly this afternoon but rain forecast all day and more so tomorrow. I'd like to try a shower to be more independent but may stick to the bath as I'm not confident  :/
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emzap lol it's not just me with songs in my  head! 
    Lmh I feel for you and the headaches are horrid. Maybe this current situation and bad sleep aren't helping.  Noone of us are getting out and about as normal I don't suppose that helps.
    Yesterday's lyrics were common people - pulp
    Today's lyrics yes
    What 1+ mile
    Why weather yuck, need easy
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/20
    Must do stretches today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

What shoes did you get, Wabo? And streeeetch!

What: glad it is a short and easy day

Why: weather; very wet and is due to rain all day (and tomorrow), in stark contrast to yesterday's apricity that saw me gardening for the first time for months. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Was a good gardening day here too ale. Typically today is the day we are getting a gardener round to quote for a tidy up. The summer is fine as Lucas can be outside with us whilst we garden, but the winter tidy up is hard. I think I'm going to get quite wet yelling him what we want done...
  • Morning,

LMH: Sorry to hear the news on arm:-(

Sorry been AWOL but I only ran On Monday as we were iced in so that did not put me in a good mood but I did lots of other exercise.Monday 6 miles, Tuesday 4.6 miles.

What 6 mile run in Welsh Rain

Why: Because I can and very grateful

Last hard Ice and not running

Lyrics Yes

Torrential rain this morning on run but better than Ice.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

What: longish stretch followed by 33 soggy minutes on the puddly trails.

Why: getting out there and getting it done. Full set of waterproofs needed. Strangely quiet out there! Still raining. More forecast for tomorrow. Surprisingly the river level has gone down compared to yesterday. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    No rain here yet, just damp and miserable. Gardener cancelled due to weather (just a quote!). Not sure he can work much in the UK as a fair weather gardener...

Good to see you poppy. Glad your ice has gone and you were able to run today :)

Ale you may have to take up swimming!
  • Mayhem in house today.
    Swam this morning.
    A lot of furniture shifting.
    Hopefully run shortly.

Kitchen and bathroom next ...
  • OMG, OH! That chaos would do my head in! Is the heating finished now and are you getting warmer?

Good to see you, poppy.

Em: Hear what you're saying re. Lucas. It's pretty awful to pull kids out of their routine. That gardener sounds a bit useless ...

Sorry to hear that, LMH. Headaches are a terrible thing. Perhaps you're sleeping funny to protect the arm which may cause spasms in your neck area which in turn lead to headaches. Pure speculation of course. Be super careful - I'd stick to the bath as well if I were you. I'm a bit scared to climb into the tub at the moment fearing I may bump my foot against the tiles or slip. We have a big shower with a bench in it, so I walk into that and sit down for my shower as long as my foot is dodgy. I wrap it up with bin liners and stick my leg up in the air so no water runs down it. It does look pretty hilarious but needs must.

Ale: Sometimes it's nice to have such a quiet run in the rain. 

Take it easy, wabo and listen to your body.

Same old here. Work distracts from pain; stomach still a bit iffy; head still a bit dizzy and 30mins of s&c done.
  • Who needs the gym OH  :)

Good news Poppy.

I don't think you'd want them doing your gardening if that's any indication of their work ethic emzap.

chicksta - I envy you that shower! If we had a walk in one I'd less cautious but ours is over the bath. I've just been on the phone with my friend and funnily enough we had come to the same conclusion about the headaches. Are you feeling less tired now?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening!

Still raining here! 

Hope that you are not too cold, Els/OH!

I am hoping for a downstairs extension that incorporates a walk-in shower/wetroom but my architect friend (actually the club secretary!) won't visit houses due to Covid. Sounds like it is useful, Chick

Your "gardener" made me smile, Emz! Two guys worked outside on a house extension over the road in the pouring rain from just after seven this morning and didn't finish until gone five. Perhaps they could sort your garden out! You wouldn't get much work in outside in Manchester if you were allergic to rain!

Do you have follow up appointments, Chick/LMH?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya, 
    Emz - interesting with the gardener...
    WP - good to see you!
    LMH - sorry to hear about headaches and the prolonged arm issues
    Ale - sounds like a good run today 
    OH - did you get out? 

What - 9 trail miles
    why - longer recovery run
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday’s hills
    lyric - of course 

Rain & rain today, fields like a swamp, woods covered in water, struggled to stay upright. Loved it! 
  • Chaos indeed and although they are progressing only 2.5 radiators in...old boiler and all old radiators out...new boiler not there yet. So a cold week or so I'd guess.
    Went out at just the wrong time...poor Peter had to do all the furniture shifting. Then a dark run with friend from X ray....she doesn't glow in the dark! To fit with her work but had been a beautiful morning. Got a walk along the cliff path in the sun though icy underfoot.
    Would like to run in the morning tomorrow but got furniture shifting once radiator is in in front room....should restore worst of the chaos.
    Sounds like everyone has been busy! 
    Don't think I'd fancy gardening as ours is v soggy just now.
  • H
    Mmm...poor photo...was much sunnier and icier than that!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I also ran with Elspeth and Radiography friend, albeit taking up the sweeper position.  :D

New exercises from physio, specically to strengthen up my left leg.