Thursday 14th Jan 2021 - Xuli, she's the pilot with the power With the speed

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Xuli, she's the pilot with the power
With the speed

These were in my head this morning. I'll be surprised if anyone gets them!

What: run home from nursery
Why: good way to fit it in
Last hard: doing core last night! Just did it whilst playing with Lucas

Yesterday's lyrics were Baggy Trousers Madness

Hope you progress further with heating oh/els
Lmh how's the head?
Chick how's the foot?

Have a great day all

Comments

• Morning.

Beginning to clear now that I've been up an hour or so emzap. I'm wondering whether sleeping on my back is contributing. Nice multitasking - hope your weather is better than ours.

You live in a beautiful place Els. Hope work progresses quickly.

Do you think the physio is helping OH?

You sound as though you're really enjoying your running Dustin.

Just a telephone call from the physio in two weeks alehouse and an open appointment with ortho for six months.

We are forecast heavy rain turning to sleet turning to snow today so I'm not sure how much outside time I'll manage.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a run at some point, plus stretches

Why: forecast is foul! Pouring again now etc as per LMH's forecast. Want an hour's run but that may have to wait until tomorrow.

Cricket, Emz?

Disappointing match, Wabo! On the other hand RFJ will be delighted with a point. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Very alehouse
    Feeling so flat today, not the football. Just so fed up. Same old every day :-(
    Lyrics no
    Lmh may well be the sleeping on your back if its not the norm
    Emzap you sound up and at em! 
    What who knows
    Why fed up
    Last hard getting too sleep
    Last rest 31/12/20
    Think I'll go have a coffee see if it helps
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I think we are all having days like that Wabo - I certainly am. Hope something brightens your day.
  • Afternoon!

Not run yet: still pouring! Stretches done though!

And positive thoughts please, WaboHope you got/will get out there and enjoy a run!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Snow here now alehouse.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Snow!? Wow. My run was tough this morning, felt like I was wading through treacle at times. But it's done and 5km added to the bank

Wabo I think we are all allowed those days, especially at the moment. Sending hugs.

Ale yes! Was listening first thing
  • Afternoon!

No snow here either, but still raining, albeit just a drizzle now.

What: just under 40 minutes, unusually almost all on the roads

Why: got fed up of waiting for the rain to stop.

Good position in the cricket, Emz, without wishing to speak too soon.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse snap. Nice run! I looked out and it was light drizzle so I put on layers, hi Vis waterproof and went out with no plan in mind. 3 enjoyable miles. Much happier now, for the moment lol! 
    It is tough isn't it, for us all I know. 
    Emzap exactly it's done! Well done
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good to hear it Wabo.

Glad you got your runs done emzap and alehouse.

Mark and I made the cherry and almond flapjack from the AB Runner's Cookbook this morning and are just taste testing - it's lovely! Have just had it confirmed that I've passed all training and pre-employment checks and have been appointed to the bank as a CV19 vaccination nurse. Just the face to face training to do now - which of course I can't do just yet.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    I have flapjack envy LMH, love cherry and almond, good news with the employment checks!
    Re work - my company is now offering covid tests to those that go in, but I have no plans to...
    Besides trains down to 1 per hour now too.
    Well done to all of those who made it out
    It was raining all morning and I thought long and hard about putting it off.
    Kicked my own backside and headed out at midday, still in the rain. Pulled on the mudclaws and hit the fields. It was actually a lot milder (high single figures) but the woods were sodden, the fields had surface water and the meadows were ankle deep in sludge.
    Tried to incorporate 4x8 mins at 10k effort, barely dipped below 8:20 pace but was certainly working hard. No idea where the "daily exercisers" were - one man and his dog 4 miles in and that was it until I turned back into my road...
    Absolutely loved it though, life affirming running at it's best.

What & Why , see above
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - I guess that was
    lyric no idea!

• It's a really easy recipe Dustin, so easy and so tasty in fact that Mark is keen to try his hand at baking something else. It was strangely quiet when I walked in the pouring rain this morning too. I'd stay out of the office as long as you can.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Sounds like a great run, Dustin! Do you have an outside shower?

And you seem much more positive, Wabo!

Recipe would be good, LMH! And well done on jumping through the new job hoops!
  • Dustin has Flapjack envy, I have run envy ;)

My dad received his vaccination letter today. Mum tried all day to get tief through and book an appointment. No chance. I've sent an e-mail now hoping to hear back. The over 80s are first to be inoculated here.

Well done getting tooth your runs em and wabo.

Hopefully OH and Els aren't freezing to death ;) and your pics are always lovely. Wish I was by the sea. Have to make do with a river :)

Those flapjacks sound lovely, LMH. Are you feeling a bit better today? Nice to have that training completed. 

My scar is itching now which is driving me up the walls. I almost wish the pain back which is subsiding. All part of the healing process I guess.

Re. the walk-in shower: It was our architect's idea. I wanted a spacious bathroom and a big kitchen. As our house is quite small we had to sacrifice some space in the dining area plus guest room and study upstairs are nothing to write home about either. Can't have it all ;)

More s&c done as that's all I can do right now.

And no to lyrics:)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Ha, lyrics yes.

Sorry, been awol for a bit - combination of being tired and busy.

I'll try to post a proper update tomorrow, I'm off to bed now