morning all
lyrics  Like a worm on a hook
Like a knight from some old-fashioned book

yesterdays were Stay by Shakespear sister

What: something later
why dentist this morning re a niggling tooth
last hard yesterday
last rest31/12

So so fed up today, I know we are all in the same boat but seriously, I cant shake it off and seem to have tinnitus whooshing in my head
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Couldn't concentrate enough to start the thread. Awful night's sleep, but that's hospital for you. Still connected to too many tubes for my liking.

No exercise today, unsurprisingly.

And the Spurs game was rubbish, Wabo. Listened on the radio and surprised that didn't send me to sleep.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse it was rubbish, the second half much better but too much too late. If we hadn't given away a stupid pen I think it was heading to 0-0. Chelsea looked good cos we were rubbish!! Hope you get out and sleep soon then!

• Wet on ice (+ wind)  - not looking great outside
    Undecided ...
    Tempted to stay indoors but weather not looking any better for net week.

Hope that you're un-tubed and discharged today, AH ...
    and that dentistry is straightforward, Wabo
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - pleased all went well and hopefully you get a restful day back home. 
    Els/OH - You are truly blessed to have those views everyday!
    Wabo - good luck at the dentists....no lolly on the way home if you make a fuss.

What - steady trails
    Why - clear the head, get muddy, recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday. A "lighter" session, steady miles with 6x300 hills at 5k effort in the middle. around 10k in total.
    lyric - don't think so 

• Ale...hope all lines out soon. I found sleeping in hospital impossible...hope you get home to your own bed soon. 
    What are the instructions for afterwards exercise wise?
    Run in company up hill planned for lunchtime...not too enticing as cold windy and wet with hardly any light and forecast worse!
    Wabo...yuk to dentist. It's not a v cheering sort of day and has been a long time since we could live normally.
    Dustin not everyday...you have to go to stromness to get them....but there are some lovely coastal views around!
    Procrastinating....think it might be a knitting sort of morning!!
    Where is everyone?
    Ale hope you get home soon!
  • Morning

Glad you got through the procedure ok Ale.  Fingers crossed you can get out today and get some rest at home.

+1 to feeling fed up Wabo.  Hope the dentist visit isn't too bad.

Wet on ice is nasty OH - be careful please.   Otherwise if no improvement in sight you will have to zip up that man suit I guess.

Hard enough session yesterday Dustin - anything involving 5k effort..    Enjoy the trails and getting muddy. 

What: recovery
    Why: need an easier day and not too much time as started work late today (had to visit officialdom to have my finger prints taken)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    so the tooth that continuously flares up is erupting from its socket! I suspected this as a mate told me it happens when they don't have a tooth below to gring against.  Dentist prescribed anitbiotics, she said do you want it out and if so today??? I said no thanks I need to drive home lol!
    Dustin I can have a lolly I was sort of good enjoy the trails
    els knitting sounds good to me
    hazel I hope your recovery run takes away some of the feeling
    Alehouse hope you are ok
    the run will happen later because I am home and very hungry!!
  • Ice underfoot largely gone but still bitterly cold east wind. 4 miles done.
  • Hm - I could swear I posted yesterday but I guess I forgot to hit the submit button. 

That sounds like you had quite some procedure, ale. Can you go home today or do you have to stay in for longer? I didn't sleep much either when I was in hospital. Even though I had my own room. But the smell is just weird, it's loud with all the beeping and stuff and as someone being used to an unheated bedroom I nearly melted in there. 

Ouch, wabo! That sounds painful. And these things always happen before the weekend. You want the inflammation to go down before they take the tooth out. Anesthetics don't work well on inflamed tissue. Been there, done it, got no t-shirt ...

Fingerprints, Hazel? Hope you aren't about to get arrested ;) An easier day seems like a good idea. Yesterday sounded tough. And totally with you on feeling fed up. Praying for a return to normality. If they continue in this vein I'm afraid we won't have a normality to return to though as most smaller shops, clubs, bars and restaurants will be out of business. 

Hope you had an enjoyable run on the trails, Dustin

Nice pics, yesterday, OH. Sorry to hear about the marathon session at the dentist though. I'm pretty sure both of you braved the cold by now :)

Hope that LMH, Em and Poppy are OK. Guess chamolk is busy on nights. 

Dad had his Covid jab today. When we got there, they said they could to mum as well even though her appointment is only next week. Wish I'd known because she didn't have her ID and vaccination pass with her. Shame we have to make another trip. 
  • Up the hill again...it was a running group run so 4 of us allowed! Very windy at the top then we went round back if the hill and up again...deep snow to mid thigh in places. Snowballs were thrown though I was in a deep hole at that point. Then take away hot drinks from the petrol station! Good fun.
  • Home.
    Bed.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Healing vibes, Ale 🙏

Nice snowball fight, Els.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Glad you're home alehouse
    Chick she wanted to take it out today without having had antibiotics!! Glad your dad got his jab
    Ran two miles, walked 3 in the end. All good
    Can I pick the medical brains on here? I had a telephone appt about a really large itchy patch of skin on my lower right leg. Been there since last September but grown. I've had steroids, Fucidin, now just applying coconut oil. Anyway I had to submit photos for a dermatology appt - was telephone only.
    They've discharged me with a diagnosis of chronic venous insufficiency. Got to have a Doppler etc etc, can anyone tell me how likely this is for me as a runner, non smoker, not over weight and no varicose veins etc, to get this?