Sunday 7th February 2021 Someone left the cake out in the rain

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again

Whilst in hospital I discovered that in Anglo-Saxon days, February was called Solmonath, which has been variously translated as 'Sun Month' and 'Mud Month', but according to the Venerable Bede, the Saxons called it 'Cake Month' and made offerings of cakes to their gods. Get baking!

Wabo: it was Chick, not me, that posted that she has been in touch with LMH. However she has been in touch with me as well and has been most supportive whilst I have been incapacitated. Look forward to her posting back on here!

What: perhaps a bit of a walk

Why: change of surroundings

And my Covid jab this morning. 

Yesterday's lyrics were Thank You, Dido. And thank you to you lot as well. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Significant fresh covering of snow overnight.
    Perhaps a short local run and swim later.
    Driving won't be great today.

Need 2650m including at least one over 250m this month for Polar Bear Challenge. Then hopefully one month to go.

Interesting stuff AH

Hope your face is not too colourful this morning Wabo.

Might be a few Scots with sore heads this morning! but English may find solace in cricket.
  • Morning OH!

Yes, was claiming my Scottish ancestry.yesterday! But no sore head. Just sore everywhere else!

And yes, Wabo, hope you are ok today. 7k today?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Poor you Ale....sounds like a painful procedure. Enjoy the covid Jag!
    I did make a lemon drizzle cake yesterday!
    Big snowfall in night...upsetting my running pals as was going to go out west with friend. Not sure about driving in this.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Silly me ale, probably didn't have my glasses on. Good about your jab. And I love the info re Anglo  Saxons. You should watch the dig - film on Netflix
    Lyrics yes
    I've had a lucky escape with my face, it only looks like a graze and with my red cheeks you wouldnt know. Right shoulder and hand seem to have taken the brunt as they are sore.
    Oh and els enjoy your runs and careful if you drive!
    What 7k off road with oh
    Why he hasn't run in ages
    Last hard the pavement
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh I watched the rugby, the Scots well deserved that win. They were like a solid wall! My mum is enjoying the cricket!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Soggy cake?  If baking a cake makes the sun come out then I will join in (looks out of the window at dull and drizzle).

Have a nice walk Ale if you do but take it easy.

Take care driving OH and Els if you do.

Glad you are ok today Wabo - might be tough for your OH if he hasn't run for a while.

What: MLR once breakfast digested enough
    Why: Sunday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • I ran from the house (4 miles)
    Els reluctantly accepted lift from her friend for planned 20 miles (in the snow).
    Actually snow was quite pleasant to run in compared to all the icy stuff we've had recently.

• That looks mighty cold, OH. Don't tell me you're swimming in that ❄️❄️❄️

Good you had the jab, Ale. How are you feeling today? Sounds like you underwent quite a procedure. And GA tends to knock the stuffing out too. Here's to your recovery.
    Very interesting information about cake month. I wonder if pancake day goes back to Anglo Saxon times too 😉

Hope you had a good run, Hazel.

You're tough, wabo. Glad you're injuries are not too painful. 7k is quite a bit when your OH hasn't run for a while. Wondering how he'll cope ;)

Yum, lemon drizzle, Els. If the roads are bad it's probably best to stay local.

All we got here is a few flurries but there's a super nasty strong easterly wind blowing. Knocked our wheelie bins over twice already. We've now put them in the garage. Other parts further south have tons of snow. I'm quite glad we were spared.

• Meant to say yes to lyrics ☺️
  • Not yet Chicksta ... 
  • So that was epic but I survived! Went out with the long legged youngsters and quickly found that the nice crunchy snow of yesterday had been replaced with 2 foot deep drifts. Struggled.....tried to back out but was bullied by the other two into carrying on. Surface improved after half way leaving only the last 4 miles to slog through again....beautiful but very hard especially the last little bit! 28k run/yomped/trudged through. They may not want me back!
    Hope everyone else fine and Ale felt up to a wee walk. 
    Most of lemon drizzle gone...it was shared. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done Els - impressive mileage!
    Ale - Any after affects of the jab? Pleased you've had it though. Oh and nice trivia too, February cake month? So is January, March, April, May.... :D 
    Rugby? It's still cricket season!! Not a huge fan of the egg chasing, but watched yesterday's game. Scotland thoroughly deserved it, far out played England. Keep them happy for another 38 years I guess....
    Hazel - hope you enjoyed the MLR

What - 13.3 miles of trails 
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    Although this morning was freezing. None of the white stuff, but a mile and a half run across the open fields meant the wind cut right through, maybe a few flakes fluttering down but nothing settling. 
    lyric - don't think so today