Tuesday 9th February 2021 What would you think if I sang out of tune?

Morning!

Lyrics: What would you think if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?

Feeling a lot better today after a change of meds and a decent night's sleep. And thanks to everyone's support, not least LMH and Emz, who I am sure won't mind me saying is struggling a bit with being unwell herself, plus a not very well Lucas, plus work. Not easy being a working mum at the best of times I imagine!

Probably won't push my luck so no exercise beyond watching cricket. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning alehouse, glad you've had a better night. I'm watching cricket too and stressing cos oh didn't let me know he's in work ok;!!
    Yesterday lyrics dreadlock holiday 10cc
    Today's yes
    Hope emzap is ok, it is tough with little ones when you're poorly
    What 9k, how when and where not decided
    Why pavements??
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Take care all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Glad you are feeling better Ale and have had a decent sleep.  Let others do the exercice for you (s. cricket) until you are ready for it.

Get well soon to Emzap and Lucas should you be lurking.

Hope LMH is also ok.

Enjoy the 9k Wabo but take care too.

Good to see WP pop in yesterday.

What: not sure yet but something
    Why: few centimtres of snow overnight so depends on how that is later
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Oh dear...everyone is poorly. Best wishes to those needing it!
    Glad you are improving Ale and yes to lyrics. Definitely a day to stay warm inside if poorly.
    Heavy snowfall overnight. It looks pretty deep. Had planned 13k...might have to do a shorter one.
    Some nutters will probably still swim!
    First making cardamon buns and knitting!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    5k done on treadmill but I may venture out for the balance
    I think I know why these lyrics today alehouse....
    Hazel enjoy the something
    Els love the swim comment!!
  • Beautiful and warm in the sun but heavy snow showers and it's deep and hard going underfoot.
    Got up the hill by a circuitous route and a mix of running, sliding and walking plus a bit of a walk with a friend who I met on the way down. 13k covered one way or another!
    Hope everyone is improving health wise!
    Back home buns are not proving well as it's too cold even in the airing cupboard!
  • No plans on swimming today (roads are too bad)
    Heading out for a run in a mo
    Last hard: yesterday's swim
    Lyrics yes
  • Beautiful pics, Els

Oh my, OH - I don't know how you do it going swimming in those temps. I have huge respect for you. Just out of curiosity: How long are you in the water for? I reckon I would just get a heart attack and sink ;)

Great to hear you're feeling better, ale. And thanks for the update regardin emzap. Hope things are settling at her end. 

Good idea to mix treadmill and outside running, wabo. Annoying when the men just run quite easily without training much. Mine is like that with cycling. I'm really crap at cycling so I end up chasing his tail all the time. I'm the better runner though, so there's that :) 

We've also had a slight dusting of snow, Hazel. The wind has died down and it is quite nice at the moment. 

5 weeks since my op. One more to go in the dreaded shoe. I tried some trainers on earlier to see if my foot would tolerate normal shoes again. It was protesting a bit but I still have another week so I'm sure it'll be fine. I wore my thickest socks today and I'm hoping by switching to thinner ones and with one more week of healing I'll be ok. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - great photos again!
    Chick- nearly there, soon be back outside!!
    Ale - pleased you're feeling better, cricket helped no end I'm sure!
    Wabo - good work with the 5k
    & if they're lurking, sending good wishes to Emz & LMH hope to see you back soon!

What - 7.25 miles - trails
    Why - Wanted to do some longer hills but canned that
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - today
    Really cold for us southern softies, probably -2
    Headed to the fields and it couldn't make it's mind up whether to be frozen uneven ground, frozen surface water with bracing puddles underneath or think slushie mud with a thin coating of ice. 
    Where the ground was flatter and firmer managed to get some faster bursts in but up in the woods it was still muddy as ever with freezing water every few strides. 
    Despite the cold, it was a bright day and another enjoyable run. Needless to say, I was the only idiot out...

Lyric - of course!
  • Just to show how weather can change (the same location as Elspeth but after lunch)

• But some nice skies on the way down.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely photos
    Lovely red cheeks oh! 
    9k today Dustin, I ran across a snowy golf course and my goodness my feet kept sinking where it was so flooded under the snow!