Wednesday 10th February 2021 Baby, baby...

Morning!

Lyrics: Baby, baby
Baby don't leave me
Ooh, please don't leave me
All by myself

Yesterday's were "With a Little Help from my friends", Joe Cocker amongst others. First featured on a Beatles' album sounding rather different!

No exercise again. Had to phone The Christie helpline in the night as I think that I have got a UTI. They sent out an ambulance to check me over: it arrived at 7 and has just gone. Very much as I suspected. Will have unnerved the neighbours!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Lyrics indeed yes 😢
    Oh alehouse poor you! Hoping things settle soon for you

What 10k who knows where or how
    Why not sure about surfaces
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Feel like I've used different muscles running on snow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Ouch Ale - doesn't sound nice at all and hope it is sorted quickly.

Wabo running on snow does make you work harder for traction and smoothing out all the lumps and ruts. Have a good 10k and take care.

More nice pics from the far north yesterday.  Quite a contrast for the two runs.  OH - your Buff was inside out... :D

Did the buns finally cooperate Els?

Similar cycling with OH issues here Chicksta.  Don't rush that foot, the last week will be over soon.

Difficult conditions Dustin.

What: another not sure day
    Why: was vaguely hoping for some sort of a session but several centimetres of snow and more falling likely won't allow that - maybe some hills if I can find somewhere safe
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry for radio silence, been a bit of a struggle here. Lucas ill, then me ill. Some sort of virus from nursery (covid free though). He's lost a lot of weight but finally seems to have started eating again. Needless to say, no running for over a week now.

Walked him to nursery this morning but will continue to take it easy for a bit. 

Hope everyone is well (I'm up to date with Ale's ailments) and I'll try and pop back more regularly work and child allowing!
  • Afternoon!

Good to see you on here Emz! Sounds like progress! Onwards and upwards please!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale - that sounds a bit dramatic and unpleasant, please get better soon!
    Emz - not nice for the two of you, have an easy day if you can, glad to see you back.
    Hazel, yep its tough running in this! Buns were a bit flat and biscuity, peter still munching them but not up to scratch! Baking sourdough at the moment! 
    Lyrics, yes!
    Beautiful snowy day  out, relatively warm in the sun and no wind. conditions underfoot ranging from crunchy snow to deep snow to slush depending on where. Mixed road/trail half marathon which was hard in places but generally OK. Took me ages but good to be out on a lovely day.  Tired now!
    New hotel quarantine thing is going to be hard for R who was hoping to make a trip home from Switz sometime this year. Bit glum about it.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi All
    Get better soon ALe, sounds a little worrying
    Emz - Glad to hear you and Lucas feeling better, take things easy for a bit longer!
    OH/Els - more lovely pics

What - 8 road miles
    Why - stretch out the legs
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday's varied trails left me feeling a little heavier today

Off to eat my own body weight in tapas and cake - Eldest is 23 today. Where did that time go...??
  • Beautiful winter scenes, Els. Sorry to hear about hotel/travel restrictions :(

Good to see you swing by, em. Fingers crossed you're both on the mend. 

Ouch, ale. UTI is unpleasant to say the least. Gosh, seeing an ambulance is always a bit of a shock for the neighbours.  

Hope you found a safe place for running, Hazel. Winter is always challenging. 

Not surprised you're a bit achy, wabo. Running on snow is a bit like running through treacle. 

Happy birthday to your eldest, Dustin
  • Happy birthday Dustin junior and enjoy the birthday food! 
    Bet you are looking forward to getting your trainers on next week chick!
  • Swim (364m) and 6 mile jog up the hill
    A beautifully sunny calm snowy day. Air temperature still struggling to remain above zero but with sun and no wind, it felt warm running for the first time in a while.
    Hope antibiotics are beginning to work, AH
    Hope that’s you both on the mend, emzap
    lyrics no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh and els looks beautiful but cold!

Chick how's the foot?

Dustin happy birthday to your oldest. I always forget how old I am, I just thought, oh a similar age to me, then realised I'm more than 10 years older :joy: