Thursday 11 February 2021 From the dark end of the street

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: From the dark end of the street

Yesterday's were The Supremes with Where did our love go, in honour of Mary Wilson who passed away earlier this week.

About to write up yesterday's next part of the saga...

Having had the all clear from the paramedics, despite being in a lot of pain around the kidneys, I had a phone call from my GP mid afternoon. She had looked at the ECG that the paramedics did and wasn't happy. Nor was she happy with the continued kidney pain. 
So a visit to A&E via taxi. Another ECG, bloods etc and a discussion: they were happy with ECG and all other tests. Was released four hours later, still in pain.
Then consultant phoned at 9:30pm to see how things were. I may well need to return to the Christie today for more tests and scans. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Oh dear Ale....doesn't sound good!
    More snow....call me in grateful but you can get too much of a good thing!
    Chilly indoors with heating running.
  • Sounds very confusing Ale.  Hope you get a clear answer and above all a solution soon.

Is the heating reliable now at least Els?   Don't see those travel restrictions being lifted for a long time yet unfortunately. 

Looks like you made the most of that nice weather as well OH.

Tough few days indeed emz - glad you are both feeling better now.

Belated happy birthday to your eldest Dustin.  Hope you didn't eat all of the cake..

What: some sort of MLR, will be a cold one with a lively NE wind and a high of -4 this afternoon. 
    Why: miles
    Last hard: hills yesterday - 10 x shuffle up and down
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics:no
  • Ale- sorry i posted before you had completed your post, sounds unpleasant and confusing, hope Christie can clarify things for you today and your pain settles.
    Hazel - you're very good at doing the hard runs! 
    Tired after yesterday, beginning to think this Feb challenge is beyond me but haven't given up yet! Felt much warmer once sun broke through today but just 5m along cliff path (sorry 8k in km money) in the sunshine. A little slippery in places. Another stunning day but heavy winds forecast for weekend.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Beautiful els but be careful out there!

Walks for me today (post office and nursery). Will do some s&c later but work is horrid today.

Ale please look after yourself. 

Hazel good to be getting out in those conditions. I remember a race I once did in -14 and ice, that was fun...

Have a great day all
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Swim (300m @ below 3⁰C)
    4 mile jog in the snow
    Last hard - the swim
    Lyrics no

Difficult to know what is going on there, AH, hope you get some relief and answers soon.
  • Ale: oh no! That's very disconcerting. Hopefully everything is OK. 

Els/OH: you are my eyes out there since I can't leave the house. It's so lovely to see this wonderful pics. Keep 'em coming.

Els: Be careful - if the challenge gets too much, it's probably OK to take one day off or at least take it easy. Could you walk for example? Or split the distance into say a walk in the morning and a run in the afternoon?

Em: Had to laugh about the age thing. I keep thinking I'm the same age as most of my collegues when in fact they could be my kids. I just don't feel like an old biddy yet although I am on paper :)
    Foot is getting there. Counting the hours now until my appointment on Monday afternoon.

Hope you've thawed out by now, Hazel. Windchill is nasty. 

Only 3 more days here and I can hopefully start walking properly again plus physion stuff and so forth. Can't wait!! I'm a bit sick of my core routine. There's only so many different exercises you can do that won't involve a foot at some point :)
  • Just been readmitted...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Yikes, sorry to hear Ale, sending you all my best wishes that it's a short stay...
    Chick - If you're an old biddy, I'm in trouble...

What - easy 45 over the fields
    Why - taking a few easy days
    last rest -10/10
    last hard - Probably the weekend
    lyric - yes
  • Very sorry to hear that Ale...I'm sure all of us are wishing things start to improve for you and you're soon home feeling a lot better.