Tuesday 16th February 2021, Can't you see that it's just rainin'

Morning

Let's have one of my obscure offerings then.

Lyrics:
Can't you see that it's just rainin'
Ain't no need to go outside

Actually it isn't raining and but of course you can go outside when it is - especially for a run.  The title more has to do with the day.

Now I understand regarding run the sum Wabo - thanks!

Good to see you WP - also looking forward to a few warmer days so I can shed some running clothes - less washing!

Well done on getting in the swim OH.

Great news chicksta.  Will be no stopping you now once the snow has gone.

Did you get out for a walk Ale?

What: not sure yet - likely 6-7 miles
Why: will see if anyone is available for a social run
Last rest: 30.03.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were Nothing's gonna stop us now, Jefferson Starship

Don't know today's.

I did go for a very short walk yesterday: 600 metres each way to take my discharge letters to the surgery. Felt dreadful and have done most of the time since. Currently awaiting the GP to phone.

Didn't realise that it would be so long before you can run, Chick!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Don't know the lyrics
    Hazel have A good run, 7k for me! 👍🏼
    Alehouse so sorry to hear you feel dreadful :-(
    What 7k 
    Why RTS
    last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Oh dear Ale. Were you like this last time you had the procedure or is something else going on?
    Windy wet dreich morning here.
    Enjoy social run Hazel....not enough of these at the moment!
  • Morning again!

Els: nothing like this last time that I had the procedure. Wonder if I have picked up something that is affecting my balance.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Had sitting and standing blood pressures checked? Hope it begins to settle soon!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - great news!
    Ale - sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly, I hope the GP's call will shed some light.
    Wabo - good work with the challenge and hopefully Hazel got the social run done!

What - not sure, hopefully some reps
    Why - finding time today, meetings and flu jab later so I need to juggle
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday
    Looks like I omitted
    to post yesterday: 4 very easy miles, 30 minutes S&C and an hour in the pummelling hands of QoP

• Morning again!

You sound busy, Dustin!

Update: GP phoned then decided she wanted to see me immediately! Neighbour kindly drove me the 600 metres and came back for me.
    GP very thorough and I now have meds for vertigo. Probably unrelated to everything else that has being going on. Hope that she is right and the meds work. 

• Oh dear ale, not having a great time. Hope you have someone to shop etc for you and are keeping fed and warm.
    Amazingly after all the roads shut with snow on Sat still managed 890 vaccinations over weekend (total population 22000 so significant).  Lots of farm vehicles involved in helping stranded drivers etc. Maybe a good place to live!
    Windy and cold out, sol 11.2 miles done after a poor start to the day. Trying to warm up now.
    Wonder what chick is getting up to on her first day of having her legs back!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh alehouse poor you!!!! 

Only managed 1.2 miles just too much going on with son moving in tomorrow so I've just got to roll with it! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope the meds help, ale. Vertigo is nasty and can really mess you up. 

Wabo: you are one busy lady.

QoP spells ouch, Dustin. Enjoy the reps. And I hope the flu jab doesn't leave you jaded. 

Hope you found someone to run with you, Hazel. Friend of mine (ex colleague actually) just asked how I was and did I fancy a run around the Alster (that's our inner city lake). Oh yes, I so fancy one but unfortunately it's gonna be July until I can  :o 

Els: Well done on another double-digit run. Sounds a bit nasty.

Well, I'm holed up indoors because we have rain falling on compacted snow and it's absolutely deadly out there  :(  just my luck. My timing really sucks. 

At least I could vary my routine today and incorporate the foot and balancing exercises that my physio showed me last time. So, a marginally less boring workout ;)  Hoping for a walk tomorrow. The bosu ball I bought the other day is coming in handy now. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    me again
    Good news re the meds Ale, hopefully they help.
    Els - decent mileage
    Chick - sorry to hear about the weather dilemma, raining here, ground back to swamp like conditions.
    Managed to eke out an hour 4x1200s at "10k pace" if 10k is about 45 minutes (which it probably is these days). 5.09, 5.17 (jump on verge to avoid car), 5.10, 5.08

• Run (4 miles) and swim (200m)
    Discharged by physio back to GP as no progress.
    Spring will hopefully showing its face soon, Chicksta
    Hoping you turn a corner soon, AH
    Lyrics no