Sub 3h15

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Thats sad news MsE, terrible shock for you all, especially for your sister.
  • MsE - how terribly sad. Praying for you and your sister and all the family in your shock and grief that you will find peace and comfort.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Awoke to find the snow has melted after a terrible day yesterday with strong freezing winds. I recorded a 68 mile week, my highest this year. Definitely time for a cut back, starting with a rest day today.
  • Oh goodness MsE, that's terrible news. I'm so sorry.
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your kind words and prayers. It’s been such a shock and I find my mind wanders to how she must have felt lying on the floor. Running is helpful. Today’s intervals helped numb me and MrE said I could upgrade the treadmill. So I have something to look forward to in April when the new NoblePro arrives. 

That’s a decent mileage especially when not in marathon training OO. Looks like you’ve got over your little hump. 
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Usually have a rest on Mondays but it’s so mild I wanted to feel what it was like to run without gloves and base layers again.
    First mile felt good so upgraded the run to a tempo which turned the run into 5 miles averaging 6.38.

Happy with that, a nice start to the week.

• MsE - glad the running is helping. ((()))
    GD - tidy tempo run. You'll need your singlet for the weekend going by the weather forecast.
    10 easy miles yesterday and 11 this morning. Cadence on the new watch is a bit strange - 80 odd per minute? Maybe it's only counting one leg. Bit of a sore knee at the moment. I'm sure I hit it last week, so hoping it's not running related.
  • After a weekend of p!ss poor running where my mojo just upped and went, and a rest day yesterday, 11 miles with a faster friend this morning.  8m/m for a lumpy route.  Even managed a 7.34m/m into the wind!  Tomorrow's recovery run might need to be rather gentle, I suspect.

MsE: sometimes running is exactly what you need.  Keep taking care of you and yours.

Gul: that sounds like it is only counting one leg.  Either that or you're hopping and don't realise it ;)

Big miles, OO.
  • Jools - hopping! Yes, that might explain the sore knee ;)
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Good effort Jools the rest day paid off. I took one too and felt frisky on my beach tempo effort this morning, including 10*300s. Average pace came out at 5:58 which I'm well pleased with. Round four of my 3.3 mile GP this weekend so time to sharpen the old pencil.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Gul, yes I was going to say, perhaps that's why you have a sore knee if you're doing all that on one leg!

Nice session, OO.

Nice going, Jools.

Session day today of 6 x 1m off 1 min. Reps came out 6.02, 5.52, 5.49, 5.44, 5.49 and 5.48 so 5.49mm average rep pace. Had a bit more of a sweat on today than I have in a while following  a hike in temps, despite having just shorts and t'shirt on  (quite a contrast to 3 days ago!).

12m MLR tomorrow, which I think i'll keep on the easier and slower side of things after that today.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Amazing paces going on. That's proper solid, DT.

I got out for a 10 miler and set the watch for 8 x half miles with easy half mile jog recs. Pushed the final mile for an extra workout, hitting 6.36 for the split and a 6.59 average for the whole thing.
    Pleased with that after last night's harder tempo. Finally seeing some pace improvement, hopefully more to come.
  • OO - nice beach intervals.
    DT - speedy reps 
    GD - obviously it was the day for intervals. Nicely done.
    10 easy miles this morning after last night's pancakes :)
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Nice to break up the run like that, gdawg.

Nobody here except me likes pancakes sadly, Gul so I made myself a couple mid afternoon.

Papers reporting this morning on Rd map plans from lockdown. Doesnt look like much will happen in any aspect of life until early May, let alone marathon racing. 
  • 6 steady for me this morning.  Mr. Jools and I both love pancakes, so a pancake-fest for dinner: savoury with a rice and aubergine filling; then classic sugar and lemon for pudding.
  • It was intervals for me yesterday too. 5 x 1.5 miles. Into the wind, despite being slightly downhill, came out around 6.44s, whereas wind assisted uphill reps came out around 6.36 pace. I thought the elevation would even out the wind, but clearly not!
  • I've been lurking and I'm just popping in to give my best wishes to MsE, such sad news. I'm glad you can find some form of comfort from running. Take care.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you Gerard 👍
    Double pancakes here too, grated cheese for the savory.
    Good pace in either case Speedy 😉
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gerard. Good to hear from you. 

Decent pancake eating and running on here. I had to catch up on pancake making today as 
     I spent the day at mum’s yesterday cleaning and trying to sort things to work out what to do with her belongings. She had this weird obsession with buying lots of similar items but fortunately organised things in categories so it was made easier sorting woolly jumpers from jackets etc. I’ve never known anyone to own so many black polo necks as mum. 

Ran this morning what was meant to be a tempo effort but was considerably slower. A dog walk in the rain followed by a dash around Tesco’s, before a webinar, where I forgot to scan two bags of hazelnuts resulting in my whole load of shopping needing rescanning. I explained to the lady at the till why I’m a bit distracted and after offering me her sympathies she upped the ante telling me of her 5 (FIVE!) family members (inc husband) that she’s lost to Covid since last April. I’m sorry to say the outlook doesn’t look that optimistic for your spring marathon DT

I've decided I’m tired with a sore foot I’ve diagnosed as a fractured cuboid bone after consulting Dr Google. In the event it might just be the case my body needs less stress and I should stop hammering it on the treadmill, I may take the morning off tomorrow and spend it in bed. I’m due back at mum’s for part 2 on Friday so probably should save my energy.  I’ll do my foot exercises instead with Gul...

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Taking a little rest or just a cut back does make sense MsE all things considered.
    With the constant pounding we give our feet it a wonder they aren't a more frequent source of injuries. Take care...
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I confess I had two courses of sweet pancakes. Caramelised pear and maple syrup was nice :)
    Speedy - well done; those intervals sound like hard work.
    GM - good to hear from you.
    MsE - you're going to be very busy for a while. Hope your foot is just sore and nothing worse. Still doing a few exercises but I could do more.
    My knee is considerably improved so I went up a notch today and did 12 steady miles.
  • Hope the foot is nothing serious, MsE.  No harm in an easier week or two to see if a bit of rest improves it.

I've gambled that the weather will be nicer this afternoon than it was at 7am this morning, when the rain was pouring down.  Fingers crossed it is worth waiting!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I gambled the opposite Jools and went out early today, including 4* 0.5 mile beach efforts. I was struggling a bit tbh but got it done.
  • The sunshine is now here, so hopefully I'll head off late afternoon :)
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Nice rain dodging, guys. I even saw some light on the horizon this morning. 6 mile recovery run d&d.
  • Dodged the downpours but not the howling gale. Still preferable to snow, ice and sub zero temperatures though!
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Well done on escaping the worst of the weather, Speedy and Gul. Getting it done in spite of the struggle, OO, is always great mental training. Hope the outing is in the sunshine Jools.  Goodness knows we could do with sun.

I ran not quite 11 virtual Zwift miles on my broken foot today. I'm thinking it's not broken after all. Must be wary of pushing hard in current state as I'm tired and numb which is not a great combination for being sensible. Off to mum's for anther mammoth sorting session with my sister. Procrastinating as you can see.... 
  • Glad to hear the foot feels ok, MsE.  Sounds like taking it a bit easier for a few days may not be such a bad idea.  I hope the sorting session wasn't too hard.

A 7 mile plod for me.  A bit of rain and some very strong winds to contend with: a couple of those moments where you come to a complete stop when you round a bend into a strong gusty headwind!  But what doesn't kill you makes you fitter.  Or something.  Unlike Gul, my run was in daylight as I'm not in court today (but am for the next 2 weeks, so it'll be back to the early-ish starts, and maybe a last bit of time with the headtorch before it can be put away for spring/summer!).
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Hope everything is going OK, MsE.

Nice work there, Jools. Not so windy around these parts.

With that, I had the opportunity to nip out at lunchtime to get my LSR out of the way and free up dome time at the weekend. It also meant I could enjoy a red wine with the chilli tonight. Nice.

Bagged 17 miles on a course with a few long inclines but nothing steep and a stiff headwind in the last 5 miles but nothing like as strong as further north. Natural strength is showing now as this was a comfy 7.48 pace. Legs a bit sore in the final couple of miles due to the past week from Saturday to today totaling 60 miles, that's a lot for me. Glad to get that one done.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you still about Gérard. 

Glad the foot doesn't feel like it is fractured, MsE. 

Good to get the 17 in today, gdawg. Saturday is my only non run day so always have a few friday. 

Easy 12m Wednesday then I managed to grab 5m in the sun on Thursday. Today was an alternating pace tempo of 9m ftom 6.30s to 6.00s. Lots of strong wind about which made it tricky  running to such specific paces, particularly when running directly south. But hit the paces with 1 minor fail and 2 overachievers with 6.36, 6.05, 6.39, 6.02, 6.41, 5.54, 6.35, 5.57 and 6.38. 

20m on Sunday will see a 62m week, then Monday night we get a good idea of where things are going.