Thursday 18: I've never seen a sight that didn't look better looking back

I've never seen a sight that didn't look better looking back

Wet and windy again
Will see what day brings

It's hard not knowing when you'll see your first grandchild.

Comments

• Morning!

Thanks for the lyrics, OH: sure that I should know them, but can't think currently!

Yesterday's were Bungalow Bill, The Beatles. Hope the bungalow move went to plan for Wabo's family. 

When is the new family member due, OHEls?

What: nothing again

Why: vertigo. Doesn't seem to be much progress on that front with too high a discrepancy between seated and standing BP readings. 

Wet and windy at present, not that it affects me!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That is sad OH.  Lots of online possibilities these days but it isn't the same thing.  Like yesterday's plants.  Did you do a track session yesterday?

Sends a parcel of cool, dry and more or less wind still to the UK.  Ale - you would be more annoyed if you had such conditions and couldn't run.  Really wish you could go out for some exercice in the wet and wind!  Sugar and lemon pancakes are always good.

Hope the move went well yesterday Wabo and not too many things have gotten lost.

Take it easy chicksta. 

What: short MLR?
    Why: mid-week miles
    Last hard: 5k in 21:14 yesterday - a good hard though
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Speedy Hazel! Not even tried a 5k for over a year as fear would be wrong side of 30min!
    Ale...hope there is some improvement!
    Chick...foot maybe needs breaking in gently!
    Windy today...did same run as Tues...run out of ideas that don't mean getting soaked in mud. Not that I usually mind. Any how 11m done. Thought might have to cut short as we were forecast 45mph wind mid morning but it wasn't that bad. Sun has come out now am home.
    Hope we'll be able to visit the baby before too many weeks have gone by...due end march.
    Got to go for MRI scan in Aberdeen next week but sadly not allowed to do anything other than have scan and go home.
  • Sorry to hear that, Els and OH. Some things just can't be done virtually. It's really a shame. Hopefully things will get easier by March. Fingers crossed.

Els: You're probably right. This foot is a right little diva. It's been like that from the word go. Even the op took a great deal longer than the one on the right foot. 
    I've rested it all day today and will take it easy for the next couple of days as well. If it's still bad on Monday I shall phone my consultant. I just hate making a fuss. 

Nice 5k time, Hazel :+1:

Really sorry to hear the vertigo isn't getting any better, ale

So, back to boring s&c here...  
  • Did do a track session yesterday (progressive). Felt the benefit and good to see folks.
    Just a 5k jog today (and cutting and laying crawling boards in roof space).
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - cracking 5k time
    OH - glad you got the track set in.
    Ale - feeling any better??

what - 55 mins steady including 6x300 hill efforts
    Why - schedule
    last rest -10/10
    last hard - the hilly bit today!!