Friday 19th February - I've heard about you before

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Lyrics - I've heard about you before, I wanted to know some more

Oh and els, really do feel for you on the g'child front. 
Chick hope the Diva foot settles!! 
Alehouse so sorry to read you're still struggling, I know my mum really hated the vertigo when she had it
Hazel cracking 5k 

Love the weds lyrics, far too busy with the move and I'm still shattered!!! It went well, they're in and happy. Plenty of hiccups tbh but all forgotten now. The look on Giselle's face when she saw all the rooms was amazing. Little Reggie stays in the garden all day!! Climbing running etc etc. Going back tomorrow, strictly not supposed to but they need help fixing and so on so better we do than a stranger!! Plus we all had covid in December. 
What might be 4 or 6 
Why RTS fell by the wayside Tuesday and weds! 
Last hard yesterday 
Last rest 31/12
Have a good Friday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    As for pancakes, I stood for two hours making  loads of them for sons family, first dairy/eggs then non dairy w/out eggs! My heels ached from so much standing
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Morning!

All sounds good, Wabo! And a decent win last night! 

Lyrics: I'm sure that I should, so that's no.

What: hope to have a short walk

Why: feeling less light headed, although that may just be a false dawn! Certainly will be taking the day very easy.

Be careful with that foot, Chick, and don't hesitate to speak with the consultant! He will be happy to help, I'm sure!

OH/Els, hope the situation has changed in a month or so. Shame that you can't do anything else when you go to Aberdeen, Els

That was a quick 5k, Hazel! Plenty more to come I would imagine when the weather is better and in a race, whatever a race is.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Sounds a bit better Ale.

Glad everything went well Wabo. That must have been a good stack of pancakes.

OH / Els - been watching a series on Orkney on the box - the weather nearly always looks good (hmm - the sun always shines on TV?  Were some lyrics I believe).

Not so great with the foot Chicksta.  Wouldn't hesitate to check up with the consultant.

Whose schedule are you following at the moment Dustin - you have a good mix in there.

What: recovery
    Why: 2 harder days need an easier one
    Last hard: yesterday's undulating MLR - legs didn't hurt after the 5k but were generally tired.  Glad I stuck it out for just short of 12 miles though as the last couple of miles felt a lot better than the first ones.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just back - 30 Min club challenge, well I just tipped over 3 miles. I'm happy. Did 1 mile cool down.
    Also I've seen a private dermatologist, the patch on my leg is eczema and it's caused by a fungal toe nail. Lots of us runners have dodgy toe nails I imagine.  This one had been didn't for ages! He's taken a sample but prescribed a tablet and  plus emollient. He said he could see no sign that it might be venous insufficiency. 
    Glad I went now. 
  • That makes a lot more sense than venous insufficiency, Wabo. And great news that your family settled into their new place. 

Hope it's not a false dawn, ale but the road to recovery. 

Nice MLR on top of a hard effort, Hazel

And a nice bit of speedwork yesterday, Dustin

Well, the diva is still very grumpy. I'll give it the weekend and if things are still dodgy on Monday I'll all my doc. 

So, just the usual s&c for me. It's sooo beautiful and sunny out there now that I'm struggling a bit being stuck indoors. I may venture out on the bike tomorrow. Just the MTB, my foot doesn't fit in to cleat shoes yet ;) 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - nice run, and glad all settled in, sounds like a possible solution from the Doc too!
    Ale - pleased to hear you're feeling perkier
    Els/OH - gutted you may have to wait to see the baby...must be heartbreaking.
    Hazel - sounds like a decent MLR, nice one!
    Picked up a 12 week 10k plan from (I think) Training for endurance with a few tweaks. Want to get some sharpening speedwork into the schedule and not worry so much about mileage. Quality over quantity and all that. Not running a (serious) marathon this year and I think shorter races may be possible.  
    Chick - stay positive, hope you get out for something at least tomorrow.

What - 30mins S&C done, just off for just 3 easy miles. Looks rubbish out there.
    Why - t's been a busy work week. Just need some air.
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - think so

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening, sorry I've been AWOL again, somehow time is getting away from me.

Have done 2 5ish kms this week, both with friends.  Will run at the weekend, but not sure what yet.

Chick is the boot off now then?

Dustin that sounds like a good plan.  I need to do some of that get faster stuff too, but I'm just trying to ease off any pressure at the moment as I don't need anything else!

Els/OH that's tough, we are really struggling not seeing my Dad, I'm pretty sure Lucas thinks he's a 2d being at the moment :(

Have a lovely evening all, hopefully I'll pop in a bit more over the weekend :)
  • Evening!

Good to see you, Emz! Hope that you and Lucas get to see your dad soon! Wonder when you will be able to train with the club as well. 

Not a lot to report here: a few minutes pottering in the garden but wasn't happy with bending so called it a day. Generally felt better than yesterday, and yesterday was better than the day before, so seem to be heading in the right direction. 

Dry here, Dustin; but very windy. 

I think Chick and I are jealous of anyone who is managing to get out running! Frustrating!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No running or swimming today
    Weather not great and got immersed on assembling bookcase and stripping walls.
    Yesterday's lyrics were Wonderin' Star as  immortalised by Lee Marvin in Paint your Wagon.
    Don't know today's lyrics