Saturday 20th February 2021 The only way to spend your Saturday

Morning!

Lyrics: The only way to spend your Saturday
Each side's eleven men, with numbers on their backs
But at a distance they all tend to look the same

What: hope to have a short walk

Why: vertigo is being a pain
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning alehouse, hope you can have a walk but go easy
    You all would know yesterday's lyrics in sure
    Abba, Honey honey

What 3-4 miles
    Why lots to do today
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Plans: emulsion on walls, swim & run.
    Needs must.
    Lyrics: no.

Hope you start to feel better soon AH.
  • Afternoon! 
    A bit of sunshine this morning. 
    9m loop involving the hill....still a big patch of snow at the back took me by surprise. Still a nice morning run though got caught in the crossfire of a slurry spreader which wasn't so pleasant!
    Wabo...busy time with house moves!
    Ale glad you are a bit better....has the blood pressure com back to normal for you now?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Afternoon!

Don't fancy a slurry shower, Els! Whilst feeling generally better, I am definitely not right. BP is erratic and the difference between standing and sitting still seems too large. 

Has stopped raining so may have a short walk soon.

Edit! Lap of the block (600 metres) walked. A few slight dizzy spells. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale...I'm obviously not your doctor but is it worth discussing your bp recordings with your doctor again ? Sounds like your bp is running too low and making you feel bad. Only the opinion of a retired surgeon though!
    Sun has gone now but I am deslurried and off for some supplies.
  • Els: BP is erratic! Today has seen anything between 130/85 to 120/80...down to 96/65! Will be discussing on Monday morning! Still wondering if an ear infection may be the issue!
    Thanks for your thoughts!
  • All 3 achieved. More painting to do.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ale - well done for getting out, hoping that you can resolve the BP issues
    Els - epic mileage once again, well done!
    What - just 5 steady
    Why - woke up and felt pretty tired, drained and lethargic 
    - just didn't feel right when running so shirked anything exotic.
    last rest - 10/10 although this week has generally been light
    last hard - Thursday's hills
    lyric - not sure I do
  • Oh wow, ale - those BP differences are substantial 🙄 did your doc say anything as to why this may occur?

Listen to your body, Dustin.

Productive day, OH.

Ugh, a slurry spreader, Els 🤢

Good to see Em pop in yesterday. Yep, shoe is off but this foot has ideas of its own. I call it my little diva toe. It's still quite painful sadly so I'm resting it. Tried a walk on Wednesday but it wasn't ready yet 🤷🏼‍♀️

Gorgeous day today - 12 degrees and sunny so hubby and I grabbed our bikes for a little tour. It was 20 degrees in the sun on our patio. Lovely for afternoon coffee 🥧☕
  • Chick...glad you were able to bike! Shame the toe is being a pest. That sounds lovely in the sun. Although it shone here this morning was still cold and when I went into town this afternoon had haily shower on way home. Ale with bouts that low no wonder you don't feel great. Glad you will be reviewed Monday!
    Feel a bit unproductive compared to Peter but have been knitting furiously yesterday and a bit today.
     I am trying to be optimistic about baby after all so long as C and baby are well that's the main thing. But itching to go down there.
    Hoping for a west coast run with friend tomorrow....
  • Any of you heard from LMH recently?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yes, Els: LMH has been asking after my health! Wish she would post on here!

That sounds great weather, Chick. Almost being blown away here plus spells of rain.

Wonder how Chamolk is doing!
  • Evening

Wah nasty being caught in the slurry Els. Knitting sounds productive enough -nice pair of socks for OH for the DIYing? ;)

Well done on getting out for the walk Ale. 

Good you could get out for a bike ride Chicksta.

Take it easy Dustin.

More restful day ahead Wabo? Hope you got your miles in.

Also thinking about LMH and a bit of news from Chamolk would be good as well.

What: Saturday training am with some running, stretching and core work. Mtb trundle pm
    Why: too nice a day to waste on housework & co.
    Last rest:30.03
    Last hard: some of the cycling uphill, put in a strike up one steepie and shoved!

Lyrics: no