Monday 22nd February 2021 Calling out around the world

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat?

What: perhaps another short walk

Why: vertigo is getting the way of anything more. Will be a while before I can run, I suspect. And it needs to stop pouring before I walk today.

Shame about the Spurs result, Wabo. There will be a few places where today's lyrics apply though, not least near Craven Cottage (hi, RFJ!), Old Trafford, The King Power and so on!

Sorry that you are resigned to the recurring pain, OH. There must be an answer somewhere!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

I should currently count myself lucky to be able to run and in almost all cases pain free.  Hope the rain stops and you can get out Ale.  For me generally an MLR becomes an LR as of 16 miles (I go by the P&D classification). 

Lovely run yesterday Els. Thanks for the pics.

Your poor new shoes Dustin.  Trail shoes are supposed to get muddy though I suppose.

Glad you had a nice bike yesterday Chicksta. 

You look like you were enjoying yourself as well OH.  PBC done now?

Good to see you RFJ.  Shame about the shielding.  Have you been able to have the vaccine?  Or can you not have it?

What:  5 including strides
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no.  Could do with something new though.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse I was disappointed but not surprised shall I say. I know how my mum felt with vertigo hope it clears soon

Hazel hope the strides were good
    Yesterday's lyrics I don't feel dancing scissor sisters
    What 3??
    Why not sure
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Health check today, all good she said
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Thanks for the LSR clarification, Hazel. I suppose it depends on what distance one is training for.

Not sure what is going on at Spurs, Wabo! Glad the health check was good! And I knew that you would know the lyrics! 

Phone call with a different GP. She thinks that there is an underlying virus causing the vertigo. Has altered meds. Said it is often four to six weeks...

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, what a nuisance but let's hope she has it right.
    As for Spurs, who knows????
  • I hope the GP is wrong Wabo, and it has gone in four to six days, not weeks! 
    Sun is out! Perfect for running...
  • Six weeks, ale 😲 I really hope not ...

Lovely and sunny here as well. My butt needed a break from the saddle, so I tried to walk a bit but the little diva threw a tantrum. Bah. Why can't she just behave like her twin on the right foot?

Hazel: I remember when I did P&D for the first time and was supposed to do a medium long run of 15 miles. I thought wtf, this is a long run, not medium 😜

Good to hear that the health check was fine, wabo.

A resounding yes to lyrics ☺️

• 240m swim out to wreck and back to tick the February component of Polar Bear Challenge. Just March to go.
    Monday night group 5k social (distanced) run.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sorry alehouse I meant let's hope doc is right with different tablets. Definitely not time line!!
    Chicksta that is naughty Diva!!
    I did 2.6 miles in the end