Relationship of Genetics & Running!

Can one with bad running genetic be a sprinter? Do genes play a role in running like technique and strategies do?

Answers

• My question would be, how does one know if you have a bad running genetic? Genetics will play a part to a degree such as your build and to some degree your motabolism etc. However, through training you can become a different type of runner. It will just be, like with anything, some people may be more setup for something than someone else.
    Think about a swimmer, someone tall with big hands and feet may have an advantage over a smaller person, however that doesn't mean the smaller person will necessarily be slower.
  • I think most people can be pretty damn good at anything with enough time and commitment. Whether you'd be able to be "elite" is a different thing, but that shouldn't stop it being fun and potentially even semi-competitive.
  • > @Matt Boyle 6 said:
    > I think most people can be pretty damn good at anything with enough time and commitment. Whether you'd be able to be "elite" is a different thing, but that shouldn't stop it being fun and potentially even semi-competitive.

That is true persistence, passion and discipline can do wonders. No one is born a runner, one becomes a runner with commitment and will.
  • That is genuine determination, enthusiasm and control can do ponders. Nobody is brought into the world a sprinter, one turns into a sprinter with responsibility and will.