Tuesday 23rd February 2021 Here comes my happiness again

Morning!

Lyrics: Here comes my happiness again
Right back to where it should have been

Yesterday's were Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, Dancing in the Streets

Feeling quite a bit better this morning, but not up to today's title!

What: hopefully will survive a short walk

Why: have to go to a briefing about a new job! Can't drive due to the vertigo so it will be taxis each way. Have been redeployed from teaching to working on May's election. Job will be from home. May only last a couple of weeks as schools are re-opening and I may get asked to work. The new job is 4 mornings. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Sorry you're still struggling AH.

What: short run to keep on track (but not too much to tire me for drive to Inverness tonight.)
    Windy this morning but due to settle by the time boat leaves.
    Lyrics no.

• Morning again!

Have a good journey OH/Els,  and hope all goes to plan! Keep us posted!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks Ale...glad you've improved a bit and hope the work is interesting/useful!
    Don't head off until late afternoon boat....but annoying date doesn't tie in with direct Aberdeen ferry but they weren't able to change it....long drive.
    Hopefully get a run in this morning though the wind is up again.
    Lyrics...think so.
    Have a good day and don't blow away!
  • Morning

Sounds a bit more positive healthwise Ale - good news.  4 to 6 weeks is a long time for you to feel well, fingers crossed it is a lot quicker!  Did you likely pick up the virus in hospital if that is what it is?  Good to have a work perspective too.  I spent a  few years mara training and have more or less kept the terminology of long runs, MLRs etc.  Long runs i.e. further than 16 are fairly rare these days, tend to hover between 13 and 15. 

Good news on the health check Wabo.

Will you go back to your consultant Chicksta? 

Travel well OH and Els. 

What: hopefully a group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Afternoon!

Hope the group run happens, Hazel!

So, got a taxi the council offices. Got there and the laptop that I was due to pick up wasn't ready, so training couldn't happen either. Annoying but at least I got out! Walked over a kilometre in the end and felt considerably better than I have since 7th Feb when I had my Covid jab! Not quite right but on the mend. Wonder if the change of meds yesterday has done the trick, or is it just a matter of time?
  • Annoying Ale but improvement is good!! Such a shame as you were in good shape before this.
    Enjoy the run Hazel
    Wabo...was that post covid check up....good to hear.
    Chick...shame foot is being pesky.
    That was a wild 9 miles...walked up one hill into the wind as I was so slow anyhow! Boat gonna be lumpy!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - glad you got out and hoping too that the 6 week original forecast is reduced. Job sounds promising!
    RFJ - good to see you pop in. 
    OH/Els - safe travels
    Hazel - I'm with the others , 16 is in LR territory!
    Even marathon training my MLRs were 10-14 max. I'm sure LMH would have called that "M" too!

What - Attempted 6 x 800s with 90s rest. All going OK but felt some tightness in the left thigh on #5 so caution being the watch word, called it a day after that one. 
    Dunno where my speed went, all around 3:10-3:15 , used to bang these out at 2:50 a few years ago. 
    Why - speedwork
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was!
    lyric - yes
  • Disappointing tho not surprising news from Nicola...schools back but no further relaxations until end April at earliest
    Then only non essential shop opening but no travel out of local area.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Alehouse sounding lots more positive. That's good. 
    Els no not post covid just a general health check. 
    Chick hope the foot is ok
    Dustin good session and sensible head too
    Oh and els hope all goes well
    Hazel hope you get a group run, how lovely! 
    What 5k this morning before driving to work
    Why need to go in at times
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good evening all
    Lyrics, not sure
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening!

Busy day, Wabo! And am pretty sure that you know the lyrics!

Decent session, Dustin! I also recall doing 800 sessions rather more quickly! Over 40 years ago! Tracks were shorter then, obviously!

Disappointing news for you from the first minister, Els/OH!

Now collecting laptop and work training on Thursday. 
  • Glad you're feeling better, ale. Hope training isn't too boring. 

Hope your group run happens, Hazel. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and call my surgeon tomorrow. I hate making a fuss but if this is not getting better I think he needs to have another look or at least tell me that I just need to be a bit more patient.

Are you back in the office, wabo? I'm due to drive into work tomorrow for my "once per week office fix".

Dustin: Sensible to stop the speedwork before getting injured. I'd be quite happy to bang out a 3:15 800 rep ;) I've never really broken 3mins when I still had some speed (many moons ago ...)

No sign of lockdown easing here either, if it's any consolation ;)

Busy day today, but I managed some s&c before I plonked down in front of my laptop.
  • Now at Premier Inn, Inverness.
    Looking like our granddaughter will be well over 1 month old by the time we see her  :'(
  • Glad you made Inverness, OH! Emergency child care is a much used category south of the border...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick I am now popping in twice a week but all I do is file stuff away, get things signed off and collect more work 
    Doing it more to break myself in and get back out there if that makes sense. Please call the surgeon it makes sense
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can