New Shoes Feet Pain - NB 1080v11

Hey, got a pair of the new 1080s v11 after running in Brooks Adrenaline 20 for a year. First long run (27k) and both my feet hurt. Weird thing is left foot hurts on the outside and the right one hurts on the arch. The pain started after about 10k i think.

Should i run a few more times in these to break them in or should i just give up?

Any similar experience?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ilias

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The same (one) pair of Brooks for a year and then 27k first run in the NB ? If so you got off lightly.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a couple of pairs of 1080's v10, I've read the reviews and apparently there's no difference in the structure of the v11 to the v10.   I found them comfy from the first run.   

Adrenalines are mild stability shoes and 1080's are neutral shoes.    

Do you overpronate a lot?
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/SHADES" class="js-userCard" data-userid="17848">SHADES</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I've got a couple of pairs of 1080's v10, I've read the reviews and apparently there's no difference in the structure of the v11 to the v10.   I found them comfy from the first run.   

Adrenalines are mild stability shoes and 1080's are neutral shoes.    

Do you overpronate a lot?</div>
    </blockquote>
    Hi. Was thinking about that potentially being the reason. Overpronate slightly, not a lot.

Could maybe use a support insole and see how it goes. 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    And maybe just do shorter runs in them for now and alternate with your other running shoes.

I ran in mine this morning, I love them particularly on hilly runs.