Wednesday 3rd March 2021 You saw me standing alone

Morning!

Lyrics: You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Yesterday's were Bad Moon Rising, Creedence Clearwater Revival

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Morning again!

So, saw a Professor of Cardiology yesterday evening! He listened to my heart and I had an ECG. All sound. However blood pressure was most erratic. He is as sure as he can be that the vaccine on top of the general anaesthetic has caused an irritable heart muscle. Would affect hardly anyone else like this you will be pleased to hear! 

More tests over the next week then see him again next Tuesday. 

Will be at least Easter before I have fully recovered, from what he said. Running is out of the question of course for several more weeks.

Probably never had vertigo although the symptoms are similar.

Overall positive news in that there is a clearer idea of the issue and that the issue appears to be temporary. Could do without it though! 

GP has already phoned this morning and she is pleased. Could have been worse.

Hope to walk at least a km later! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yep 
    Alehouse glad you got answers, hopefully it will sort it self out soon. Enjoy your walk
    What 3 ish and a walk later with friend
    Why arranged
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Good you have an answer Ale even if it isn't a great one in terms of getting back to running soon.  More important than running is that you recover from it of course.  Hope the ongoing tests will confirm his diagnosis in some way and not throw up more questions.

Enjoy your outings Wabo.

What: speed - maybe a go at 4 @LT in one go - will only work if I pace it right though - if I set off too fast then LT intervals
    Why: weekly blast
    Last hard: persuading my Tuesday running buddy that yes, he does want to do a loop of the village past his car to make up to 10k rather than 9k.  I lost.  Next time I will start with the loop!
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Sounds most unusual Ale! Has he seen this before with combination of GA and vaccine? Anyhow hope that it settles eventually as you're not having a great time of it!
    Hazel - at least you had a running buddy, I'm beginning to feel unmotivated on my own. Gonna miss my run with pal next Mon morning too as have my covid jag right in middle of morning. Keen for some company at the minute though did have a socially distanced chat with ex work colleague I met walking while out for my run yesterday.
    Run of some distance later this morning and dunno what else.
    Lyrics familiar but no! Should maybe have known yesterdays.
  • Forgot to post yesterday with busy day (swim, run and more insulation work)
    Possibly more of same today although insulation work gets a bit wearing - not even crawling space in parts - wriggle room.
    Sun made brief appearance yesterday afternoon and early this morning but dull again now.
    Still in relative isolation until Saturday night and hopefully get 2nd Covid jag on Monday.
    Lyrics no

Hopefully a way forward AH
  • Youngest daughter has now got job as Scientist in Zürich following completing her PhD. Not starting until May/June. Shame she can't come home or go on holiday. Her niece is expected this month too - our granddaughter.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH/ELS good news there on the family front!
    Ale- I guess it's a bit more positive: having some answers and discussions with the medics has got to be a good thing. You'll soon be back at it.
    Hazel - enjoy the 4LTP, nice session. In mara training the 4, 5 & 7 LTPs are the big markers!
    What - easy trails
    Why - recovery
    last hard - yesterday. Didn't get out until 4:30 and wasn't sure the legs would take mile reps, so after a couple of miles w/u aimed to run 6-7 miles "steady". TBH found it tough going, averaged around 7:40 - that use to be cruise along pace...
    10 all day in just under 80.
    Last rest - 10/10
    lyric - yes
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats to your daughter, Els and OH

Nice club win the other day, Dustin. I wish I would ever see a pace starting with a 7 again. 

That's decent news, ale. Of course frustrating that you won't be able to run for a while but at least you know what's wrong with you and time will pass. You can keep me company on the bench :)

That's one lazy running buddy, Hazel. Kick his butt hard next time around ;)  sunny balcony sounds lovely. LT intervals not so ...

Hope you  have a good time running with your friend, wabo

Somehow I forgot to post yesterday. Hm. Although I knew the lyrics and also know today's :)
  • Swim (370m solo) and 5k jog around Scapa + a few more panels on insulation front.
    It's what we're allowed to do.